PDA

View Full Version : Random thoughts.....im a little tipsy

Airmail109
07-13-2006, 07:04 PM
I think i must be completely nuts. So im walking back from the pub with some mates, and I think....hey I wouldnt mind climbing onto the the church roof and falling to sleep under the stars.....(I meant it as well)....."hey guys, u up for crashing on the roof of the church"......."No tom, thats random"......."yeah well, I wouldnt mind"......"Well, you can always count on tom if you want randomness". But it struck me, what kind of a weirdo wouldnt want to crash on the roof of the church on such a great evening. Okay maybe im a complete ****ing loon. I just dont get other peoples train of thought. I just think, I dont wanna die and realise...well I could have crashed on the roof of a church but I didnt. Its those sorts of things that are the best experiences. I guess this will be the story of my life, whilst all my "normal" friends are working so they can earn money - ill just be out to have a good time and experience life. I just dont get what motivates people to sit on their arses, to like....earn money... People are so caught up in being normal they go through life like drones, the thought just nauseates me. Went to an interview for a gap year job today, and saw an example of these drones......half of them i bet will never go anywhere else...theyll just be bag packers in some wharehouse. But whats the difference between being a bag packer and being a university graduate....you get paid a bit more? Okay if your lucky you might find a subject which you have a passion for, but at uni they dont cater for my type (Im training to become a mountain leader). What im saying though is....many of these uni students are no different than those bag packers....theyre just drones who are out to earn more money to fill a void in their life.....theyre just a more intelligent form of idiot. Well sod that, why spend your life worrying about consuming more goods.....to be honest id rather be jumping out of a plane.....or climbing some mountain somewhere.....or camping with some tribe in africa....or hitching a ride on a boat to south america....why should money be what validates your life?

Airmail109
07-13-2006, 07:04 PM
I think i must be completely nuts. So im walking back from the pub with some mates, and I think....hey I wouldnt mind climbing onto the the church roof and falling to sleep under the stars.....(I meant it as well)....."hey guys, u up for crashing on the roof of the church"......."No tom, thats random"......."yeah well, I wouldnt mind"......"Well, you can always count on tom if you want randomness". But it struck me, what kind of a weirdo wouldnt want to crash on the roof of the church on such a great evening. Okay maybe im a complete ****ing loon. I just dont get other peoples train of thought. I just think, I dont wanna die and realise...well I could have crashed on the roof of a church but I didnt. Its those sorts of things that are the best experiences. I guess this will be the story of my life, whilst all my "normal" friends are working so they can earn money - ill just be out to have a good time and experience life. I just dont get what motivates people to sit on their arses, to like....earn money... People are so caught up in being normal they go through life like drones, the thought just nauseates me. Went to an interview for a gap year job today, and saw an example of these drones......half of them i bet will never go anywhere else...theyll just be bag packers in some wharehouse. But whats the difference between being a bag packer and being a university graduate....you get paid a bit more? Okay if your lucky you might find a subject which you have a passion for, but at uni they dont cater for my type (Im training to become a mountain leader). What im saying though is....many of these uni students are no different than those bag packers....theyre just drones who are out to earn more money to fill a void in their life.....theyre just a more intelligent form of idiot. Well sod that, why spend your life worrying about consuming more goods.....to be honest id rather be jumping out of a plane.....or climbing some mountain somewhere.....or camping with some tribe in africa....or hitching a ride on a boat to south america....why should money be what validates your life?

LStarosta
07-13-2006, 07:12 PM
Uni sucks.

If it was free it wouldn't suck.

But it sucks.

Stackhouse25th
07-13-2006, 07:13 PM
http://www.allasp.net/-2-68.aspx
hrm

Blanche2005
07-13-2006, 07:19 PM
So what you're really saying is: "Its better to be a glider than a drone"?

I gradutaed with a physics degree in 2003. I still haven't managed to get a job with it. Maybe i haven't been looking hard enough (though i've been looking pretty hard). But it is of no consequence anyway. I'm the lead singer in a great band and we're going to be famous http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

In the meantime, chocks away. Lets take the heads off some dandelions and last one down pall mall in a spit is a rotten egg.

Enjoy life, its what its for http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

joeap
07-13-2006, 07:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...to be honest id rather be jumping out of a plane.....or climbing some mountain somewhere.....or camping with some tribe in africa....or hitching a ride on a boat to south america....why should money be what validates your life? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good thoughts mate, really, but you need er some money to do that cool stuff. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

LStarosta
07-13-2006, 07:28 PM
How long will you be paying off your student loans?

Airmail109
07-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Sorry my thoughts are jumbled

Not much money though joeap

Example http://www.geocities.com/kingachopin/

Guess im going to fund most of this stuff by getting paid to do it, instructing rock climbing etc.

But to travel the world, you dont need much money at all.....

But thats besides the point...

If i got a student load it would probably be 10 years before I paid it back....

Yes you do need a certain amount of money to fund things, what Im trying to get at though...is how people spend their entire lives trying to earn money....this sort of mentality that your nothing if you dont earn lots of money, that the education system tried and failed to ingrain in me when I was small is sick.

Life is about the things that happen when your not wrapped up in the rat race so to speak. When i look back on things i've achieved i remember not my GCSE results but the places which I travelled to where people come and go, where the worries of success and college have been all but forgotten and where smiles are shared among friends around bon fires at night. This world can be such a simple place when we remember that life is about the chance glances made between friends.

joeap
07-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Damn right, you get an education for its own sake.

Money comes and goes anyway...I've been through "fat" and "lean" periods, while lean can be stressful I've had to learn not to let it get to me. I've never been starving anyway. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Shoot a good freind of mine lost his Mom recently. He's from the Phillipines and came from a family of ten kids. His Mom was 92, his DAd died at the age of 87 or something. Oldest kid is 73, they are scattered all over, most in the USA he and one other here in Europe. He was sad at first but not for long. His Mom left casue she had a sucessful life lots of kids and Grand and Great grand kids...at the end they were saying (she was a fighter all her life but gave up) go go see Dad he's waiting. They went through a lot too, he was a partisan during the Japanese occupation, she went and joined him with the kids (well the few born) he becasme a diplomat and went all over the world, survived the change of regimes until his retirement and accomplished real stuff, but the most important in their case was the family. Their lives were not wasted.

Darn you can see I've got insomnia.

Haigotron
07-13-2006, 10:12 PM
I had an education once, it ended being a tray mat from mcdonalds with "Bachelor's of Sigh" written on it with fries...

MEGILE
07-14-2006, 01:58 AM
Stop saying Random.

It aint gonna make an Emo kid any cooler...

BrewsterPilot
07-14-2006, 07:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LStarosta:
Uni sucks.

If it was free it wouldn't suck.

But it sucks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Free in Finland http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Nick_Toznost
07-14-2006, 08:39 AM
I'm a student.

I hate being skint.

Often I think, what's the point?.

Why did no-one seem to give a toss when Labour introduced tuition fees etc?. It was the sort of thing that would spark a major riot in the 60s & 70s. I wasn't a student at the time so I hope I'm excused, but even then everyone I spoke to about it had a really nonchalent shruggy attitude to it.

How can a government who's members all had their education paid for by the state get away with that so easily?

dunno. I appreciate this is a flight sim forum but I couldn't help having a majorly OT rant.

LStarosta
07-14-2006, 08:47 AM
It sucks in the U.S. if you're not rich and you go to a university that gives absolutely no scholarship money because it'd rather spend all its funds on adding some do-hickeys to their enormous football stadium.

I'll be paying off my student loans till I'm 35 at least, after which I paid 400% of my total tuition because of interest.

No wonder America is full of dumb people. It costs too much to get smart.

F6_Ace
07-14-2006, 09:27 AM
You could have used your loaf and got your employer to pay for your degree (and give you time off to study)...like I did. You don't have to worry about getting a job in the gap year, either.

But what is the best is that you get far more respect from employers for getting a 1st class degree part time than full!

Double whammy.

Work smarter, not harder http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

HotelBushranger
07-14-2006, 10:26 AM
What I'm gonna do is do my studies at the Australian Defence Force Academy. Paid 18 grand a year to study, no HECS fees no nothing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif But my Return of Service Obligation is gonna be round 10-12 years http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

And amen Nick! Why do the bloody pollies get to have free education, but we have to pay for it?! There are less and less people going to uni now only because of these massive student fees (up to, and greater than $100,000).

Screw war on terrorism, drugs etc

WAR ON POLITICIANS!

triad773
07-14-2006, 10:36 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif Aye to that! Let's storm the Bastille!

danjama
07-14-2006, 11:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Megile:
Stop saying Random.

It aint gonna make an Emo kid any cooler... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

danjama
07-14-2006, 11:48 AM
Tom tom tom, how many times have we discussed this stuff eh? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I think you are being too narrow minded on these issues mate. You don't have to choose to work or to be a drone as youcall them. You can do both in turns, depending which needs to be done. For example, i just left college, i am working with lorry drivers picking up loads and other stuff to earn some money, then i am going back to college in September, and when i am done with that, i will "glide" for a while. Remember this, it's your life, make what you want of it, i know i am trying to. In the same note, you shouldn't judge others by what you see at face value; whether they be in pubs, on trains, or on a river bed in Zimbabwe.

As for this whole Uni issue, i really wouldnt have the energy or care in me to protest against the increased fees. I've already decided im not going anyway. Yes, mostly because of the fees. Ironic isn't it?

BTW Tom, if you wanna do some outdoor sleeping, you should come down to mine, i get kicked out on a regular basis these days and sleep in all kinds of places http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

JSG72
07-14-2006, 04:19 PM
You learn't all the experience of life. Before you were 5 yrs old.
Upbringing after is how you are molded into what you are.
Why are you at University/college/Tech.?

Sleeping under the stars. May be a big deal to you. But for many. This is the way they live.
They don't ponder on why?
It is what happens.
It is called life and you have to do as best you can within your capability/Opportunity. Did you get talked out of climbing the church? (You could have been the Star of the show if you had did it yourself. Or died in the process)
It's your call.
Are you greatful of your education? Why are you pursueing further education?
Peer Pressure/Job security/self satisfaction/ Don't know?
Who Knows the number of souls Either living or dead who could have changed the World if they had had been aware of how to grasp instinct. It can't happen because instinct is based on the World around you.
Because it is so mixed up to you.
You end up posting Numbing questions on forums that have F' all to do with Life. But a lot to do with conformity.I may suggest that most conformists have access to a computer.(You are posting to all. with access to a computer)

If, you new everything. You could say nothing.

danjama
07-14-2006, 04:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JSG72:

Sleeping under the stars. May be a big deal to you. But for many. This is the way they live.
It is what happens.
It is called life and you have to do as best you can within your capability/Opportunity. Did you get talked out of climbing the church? (You could have been the Star of the show if you had did it yourself. Or died in the process)
It's your call.
Who Knows the number of souls Either living or dead who could have changed the World if they had had been aware of how to grasp instinct. It can't happen because instinct is based on the World around you.
You end up posting Numbing questions on forums that have F' all to do with Life. But a lot to do with conformity.I may suggest that most conformists have access to a computer.(You are posting to all. with access to a computer)

If, you new everything. You could say nothing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

excellent post

slipBall
07-14-2006, 05:02 PM
you were born too late for what you seek. Very few places now that are money free. Even those few.. use some form of money. Cattle, goats, sea shells, bone, all used as wealth, changeing hands along the way. You would have to go way back, before the time that a piece of flint was traded as wealth. I used to feel the same as you, my son talks the way that you do. I'm thinking of giving him one of these

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f394/SlipBall/back2.jpg

FoolTrottel
07-14-2006, 05:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LStarosta:
(...)It costs too much to get smart. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One does not get smart.
One is smart, or one is not.

One can learn a lot.
But one cannot learn to be smart.

Then again, it's only relative, next to the fool, the average one looks smart. Next to a genius ...

JSG72
07-14-2006, 05:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by slipBall:
you were born too late for what you seek. Very few places now that are money free. Even those few.. use some form of money. Cattle, goats, sea shells, bone, all used as wealth, changeing hands along the way. You would have to go way back, before the time that a piece of flint was traded as wealth. I used to feel the same as you, my son talks the way that you do. I'm thinking of giving him one of these

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f394/SlipBall/back2.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And how old is your son Slipball?

You have taught him Nought on Life.
But are trying to teach him on your percieved pursuit of Life.(In these Times.)

I Know Nothing. ( And Not as Sgt Shultz would say http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif)

JSG72
07-14-2006, 05:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FoolTrottel:

One does not get smart.

One can learn a lot.

Then again, it's only relative, next to the fool, the average one looks smart. Next to a genius ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One can only be Smart.
If that is approved by those around them.
And that is the "Modern Way". As approved by the Media and You? apparently.

slipBall
07-14-2006, 05:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JSG72:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by slipBall:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f394/SlipBall/back2.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And how old is your son Slipball?

You have taught him Nought on Life.
But are trying to teach him on your percieved pursuit of Life.(In these Times.)

I Know Nothing. ( And Not as Sgt Shultz would say http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sad to say that I had little to do with his rearing. Divorced while he was young, he grew up a thousand miles away from any good that I could have offered by example. The few weeks we had together each year, were as I said sadly not enough. But we get on well, and I love him

FoolTrottel
07-14-2006, 05:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FoolTrottel:

One does not get smart.

One can learn a lot.

Then again, it's only relative, next to the fool, the average one looks smart. Next to a genius ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One can only be Smart.
If that is approved by those around them.
And that is the "Modern Way". As approved by the Media and You? apparently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope.
That's not what I meant to say ...
Next to a genius, an average one looks like a fool

(Must be me lacking in knowledge of the English language ... or you ... I dunno ...)

JSG72
07-14-2006, 05:53 PM
Glad you posted Slipball

I also have two sons from a previous marraige.

Who are now of an age where I would like to Usher them into the "Correct" way of life.

You shall not change. What they have become (Up to 5 yrs old.)(Parted at 1 and 5)
You Must be Happy with their choice. (You may be proud in the end up).
F' me Phylosophy and Family relationships. Wasn't on my Remit when I joined this Forum.

BUT? As I say. What goes on around you. Is what shapes your life.(Obviously).

JSG72
07-14-2006, 06:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Nope.

(Must be me lacking in knowledge of the English language ... or you ... I dunno ...) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well just to reinforce my post.
You go and say:

Nope.

(Must be me lacking in knowledge of the English language ... or you ... I dunno ...).

Please refrain from "Soundbite" Speech.
Within the context of trying to patronise me and ridicule me within the same post.

If you have something of relevance to say... Just say it!.. Someone will take notice.
I think that is the way Forums work? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

LStarosta
07-14-2006, 06:11 PM
I actually got dumber after high school.

JSG72
07-14-2006, 06:19 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Ermmm.... You Aren't American, by any chance?

JSG72
07-14-2006, 06:33 PM
BTW. See'n as this could be the "Tipsy" Forum

OT. Was Albert Einstein a Genius?
99.9 Percent of the world. Have neverheard of him and 90 percent of the remaining 0.1. Are spending there time trying to prove him wrong.

Still a lot of folks!

But Could Genius, be in the eye of the beholder? And Who? Gives a ....

I may have been a Guru in Someones eyes. But now I have blown it.

Can say. nothing

FoolTrottel
07-14-2006, 06:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Within the context of trying to patronise me and ridicule me within the same post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oops. Once again a misunderstanding.
I never ment to patronise you, or ridicule you, or anyone for that matter.

I can't understand why and how you can feel attacked here, and why you need to get offensive...

It's the relative thing I wanted to stress here ...

Oh wel, never mind, I'll now refrain from further posting here, unless I've made myself clear that is...

Airmail109
07-14-2006, 07:57 PM

It is what happens.
It's your call.

If, you new everything. You could say nothing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is what i love about the il2 forums, i can post something totally insane and off-topic....yet one still manages to get decent replies....thats the sort of reply I wanted.

+ 1, excellent post

Dan....Ill come down sometime and spend a weekend in london with ya!!!!!!!!!!!

"think you are being too narrow minded on these issues mate. You don't have to choose to work or to be a drone as youcall them. You can do both in turns, depending which needs to be done. For example, i just left college, i am working with lorry drivers picking up loads and other stuff to earn some money, then i am going back to college in September, and when i am done with that, i will "glide" for a while. Remember this, it's your life, make what you want of it, i know i am trying to. In the same note, you shouldn't judge others by what you see at face value; whether they be in pubs, on trains, or on a river bed in Zimbabwe."

Way I see it Dan im working so I can follow my passion (climbing etc). But what bugs me is this money=success attitude....someone once told me "Oh why do you want to become a mountain leader....become a barrister" You should follow your passion, not money.

Im talking **** now anyhoo.......

No i dont take people of face value Dan, not at all....thats usually the last thing id do.

Again my posts are open to interpretaion, i think you interpreted them differently. Im no emo kid either. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

MEGILE
07-15-2006, 01:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aimail101:
Im no emo kid either. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

F6_Ace
07-15-2006, 03:22 AM
Also, while you're pondering what poor life opportunities you are having, consider what it would be like to have to walk 30 miles a day just to get some water, or watch your kids playing in sewage in the street, or having no money to buy/access to drugs when someone you love gets ill, or watching those around you starve to death.

Be happy with what you have already - it's probably more than a lot of people can dream of already.

russ.nl
07-15-2006, 03:45 AM
I agree, we need more pple like you. In Holland we say that drunk pple speak the truth.

I'm not happy about what pple are becoming and what our world is becoming. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

raaaid
07-15-2006, 05:24 AM
i have a diploma in english filology and im getting another diploma on nautics

im 31 and i intend not to work untill i get a job as a teacher

i hardly study i just do what i like and for me the more important is to be with your loved ones

im rich i have evrithing i want with 70 euros i week

and no i dont want money i want free time

WWSensei
07-15-2006, 08:32 AM
I was tickled pink when my 17 year old-after I helped him with something-told me, "Wow Pops, somedays you don't totally suck." He said in the most sincere tone of voice of trying to pay me a complement. I took it as one... ;-)

heywooood
07-15-2006, 09:47 AM
"where is fancy bred?...in the heart? or in the head." Willy Wonka

"all I ask is a tall ship...and a star to sail her by." from Sea Fever by John Masefield

"We are the music makers. We are the dreamers of dreams.Wandering by lone sea breakers. Sitting by desolate streams. World losers and world forsakers on whome the pale moon gleams. And yet...we are the movers and shakers of the world, forever it seems." -Arthur Shaungenssy

sleep on top of a church if you want to...
how else will you know what it was like?

Pirschjaeger
07-16-2006, 09:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aimail101:
I just dont get what motivates people to sit on their arses, to like....earn money... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is beer free where you are? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Fritz

Pirschjaeger
07-16-2006, 09:39 AM
Aimail,

education is important but life is too. If you don't know exactly what you want to do then I'd suggest you take a little time to think about it. Take a year or two off and head out toward the horizon and experience life. Think about things for a while.

Chances are, after you finish your studies you won't have the freedom to do what you want. Somebody's gotta pay it back.

Fritz

Airmail109
07-16-2006, 09:45 AM
Yeah i suppose thats what im doing pirsch!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Im saving some money to go and train as a mountain leader and do a bit of travelling. Im still thinking of trying for a commercial license, im just going through the process of finding out if i can pass the eye exam on deviation.

-HH-Quazi
07-16-2006, 09:51 AM
Man, you guys are deep. Forum bonding, isn't it grat? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Pirschjaeger
07-16-2006, 10:25 AM
Yeah i suppose thats what im doing pirsch!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Im saving some money to go and train as a mountain leader and do a bit of travelling. Im still thinking of trying for a commercial license, im just going through the process of finding out if i can pass the eye exam on deviation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I'm 40 years old now. I often wish I had decided to leave home much earlier. I left when I was 28 or something. Now I'm married and to the point that globe trotting isn't in my best interest anymore. I still wanna make a family.

When I have kids I will recommend they get out and see something for a few years before Uni. Experience is not only a great teacher but also a great eye-opener. Travelling is also the best way to learn something about yourself.

Fritz

Pirschjaeger
07-16-2006, 10:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by -HH-Quazi:
Man, you guys are deep. Forum bonding, isn't it grat? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How can we convince you we actually have a life? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

danjama
07-16-2006, 03:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pirschjaeger:
I just dont get what motivates people to sit on their arses, to like....earn money... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is beer free where you are? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Fritz </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

WB_Outlaw
07-16-2006, 09:35 PM
Of all the people I knew in college (and in 7 1/2 years you get to know quite a few), only 1 or 2 were in it "for the money" alone. Not everyone wants to jump out of planes, climb moutains, or sleep on the ground. That doesn't make them "drones". Also, just having a degree does NOT mean you are going to make a lot of money. Teachers are a prime example.

It is also quite possible to make money without having a degree. My wife quit high school, got her GED, and at 32 years old is now pulling down $72k USD/year with lots of room to move up if she choses. Now that's not a killer salary but it ain't chump change either.

That being said, it does amaze me how many of my college friends are perfectly happy (or happy enough) with their 9 to 5 jobs, 2.5 kids, a medium sized house, and a couple of cars. Having children makes it VERY, VERY difficult to take risks and can quickly lead to being locked into what you are doing, which can easily make you appear to be a "drone".

My degree is in mechanical engineering and I now run my own company writing software for a living. While the majority of my time is spent doing "non" exciting things my wife and I get around 100 scuba dives in each year (if we had better local diving it would many times that), a few paintball games and lots of range time. She will jump out of an airplane soon (I won't until I get at least one of my knees fixed) and I will get 30 minutes in a dual seat P-51 soon. If I can swing it, I may even be able to talk her into a couple of hours with Air Combat USA or a similar operation. Oh yeah, we will be diving the Oriskany as soon as we can get over to Pensacola.

I don't feel like a "drone" at all.

--Outlaw.

Airmail109
07-17-2006, 03:05 AM
Good points Outlaw, great hearing different views from around the world!!!

Friendly_flyer
07-17-2006, 03:16 AM
I would take Pirschjaegers advice. A year in the army and another half a year just drifting about taught me that I really wanted to get that university degree (in biology, I really always knew that was my direction). Being at the University was not much drone-like, I can assure you that. But getting a higher education requires a bit of interest. To try to pass University "just for the money" is a very, very bad idea.

Fish6891
07-17-2006, 10:05 AM
I ought'a "randomize" your face AI-male.

Either get on the winning team and at least get a college education, or move to communist China, the Workers Paradise. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

Pirschjaeger
07-17-2006, 10:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Friendly_flyer:
To try to pass University "just for the money" is a very, very bad idea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a good way of setting yourself up for disappointment.

You dig ditches for money. You cultivate bacteria or accelerate particles cause you love it.

Aimail, you are 19 right?

Fritz

Lucius_Esox
07-17-2006, 01:08 PM
One of the things that has amazed me as I have got older is how "short" life is? I have to pinch myself sometimes and remind myself how old I am, and how quick it has gone!

Make haste, don't waste would be my motto, just make sure you make time to smell the hops along the way http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

joeap
07-17-2006, 01:18 PM
The people who posted on this thread are declared cool(tm) nice to avoid the red/blue waaaaaaaah of other threads.