PDA

View Full Version : Quick Mission Question

bmoffa
04-06-2007, 10:22 AM
I've been using the Quick Mission builder a lot for training in various situations. I started with bombers and other slower stuff. I can usually take out one or two of them. I get shot down maybe 1 out of 4 times but I usually know why.

When I comes to fighters the whole thing changes. No matter what aircraft I sellect on either side, the ememy always seems to be able to out climb me. For example I was flying a 1944 era zero against a 1941 era P40. Even then, my zero could not climb with it. It eventually shot me down when I finally stalled after about a 15 minute chase. I switched the aircraft around and didn't last more than a minute in the P40 (expected).

What to heck am I missing. (I've got complex engine management OFF, everything else is pretty much default realistic).

bmoffa
04-06-2007, 10:22 AM
I've been using the Quick Mission builder a lot for training in various situations. I started with bombers and other slower stuff. I can usually take out one or two of them. I get shot down maybe 1 out of 4 times but I usually know why.

When I comes to fighters the whole thing changes. No matter what aircraft I sellect on either side, the ememy always seems to be able to out climb me. For example I was flying a 1944 era zero against a 1941 era P40. Even then, my zero could not climb with it. It eventually shot me down when I finally stalled after about a 15 minute chase. I switched the aircraft around and didn't last more than a minute in the P40 (expected).

What to heck am I missing. (I've got complex engine management OFF, everything else is pretty much default realistic).

FlatSpinMan
04-06-2007, 06:00 PM
AI can climb and dive faster than player-controlled planes. Annoying but nothing can be done(maybe "will" be done is more accurate). I actually find the QMBs quite hard sometimes as it alwasy starts with a head to head merge which is not a position I like to start off in. I much prefer to drop down on my victim or sneak up behind them.

Waldo.Pepper
04-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Post a track using zshare or rapidshare.

Just a guess but I bet you are trying to climb at too steep an angle, and at too low a speed. Faster and shallower will do you better.