PDA

View Full Version : No more HTML in our signatures?!?

VikingGrandad
01-30-2006, 04:39 PM
I notice that, as of today, one or two people's forum signatures no longer display properly, mine included and also GT182.

I had written mine using proper HTML rather than the 'psuedo HTML' forum code that we use to insert images, links etc into posts. HTML code has worked fine for many months, but then all of a sudden it won't display! The forum software just displays the raw source code.

I've hastily re-coded mine using forum-friendly pseudo-HTML, but I much preferred it how it was.

I think somebody involved with running the forums has changed an admin setting which means that proper HTML is no longer allowed. It's no big problem, but it is irritating. Using real HTML does no harm whatsoever! It just allows more flexibility with formatting.

GT182 - you've no doubt noticed the change to your signature. If you read this, are you able to find out why this change has been made?

VikingGrandad
01-30-2006, 04:39 PM
I notice that, as of today, one or two people's forum signatures no longer display properly, mine included and also GT182.

I had written mine using proper HTML rather than the 'psuedo HTML' forum code that we use to insert images, links etc into posts. HTML code has worked fine for many months, but then all of a sudden it won't display! The forum software just displays the raw source code.

I've hastily re-coded mine using forum-friendly pseudo-HTML, but I much preferred it how it was.

I think somebody involved with running the forums has changed an admin setting which means that proper HTML is no longer allowed. It's no big problem, but it is irritating. Using real HTML does no harm whatsoever! It just allows more flexibility with formatting.

GT182 - you've no doubt noticed the change to your signature. If you read this, are you able to find out why this change has been made?

steve_v
01-31-2006, 07:54 PM
Ubisoft Community Managers have disabled HTML for all members in all forums.

vanjast
02-01-2006, 01:49 AM
Why the censorship ... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif