PDA

View Full Version : Hell on Wheels is freaking annoying!!!!!

LPeregrinus
04-10-2011, 03:04 AM
I am finding Hell on Wheels particularly frustrating to get 100% sync, anyone else feel this way? There is a very long, tedious, EASY section all the way up until the tank. And by the time you get to the tank section, it is already boring and drawn out. And then I make just one mistake, and the whole thing has to be started again from the beginning. What the hell??

k.e.i.n
04-10-2011, 10:05 AM
Yes, for me this was the hardest memory to 100%. Probably restarted 10+ times.

The trick I did was not to charge ahead right away so that only 1 of the 2 tanks will activate then tried my best to dodge that 1st tank but as I did that, I've managed to activate the 2nd tank but I've managed to get enough space to dodge the attacks of both.

phil.llllll
04-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Easily the most annoying memory to get 100 on for sure. The only part that is actually hard is not getting shot by the other tanks at the end part (the first one's easy to dodge, just circle strafe it and keep firing).

As the poster above mentioned is all about allowing space between the two tanks at the end.

It's pretty easy though if you stay outside the walls at the end and finish the soldiers and siege towers from there. Only after that procede to the checkpoint and once you hit it stick to the left side of the wall at the entrance (while remaining still) and wait until the tank (it should be the only one that approaches) moves forward to fire. Then circle it from there and you should be able to defeat it before the other one even starts moving.

Six_Gun
04-10-2011, 04:40 PM
There really should have been a checkpoint before that last battle. Ubi really likes to throw in some purely annoying crap in some missions. Their mission designers must be laughing themselves silly while imagining our frustration.

OmriP
04-10-2011, 05:47 PM
If you're really frustrated and just want to get over with it there is a "glitch" you can use: after activating the last checkpoint make sure your health is full and retreat backwards behind the gate. Ezio's health will start going down very slowly, the game will start to flash and it will tell you "desynchronization imminent" but it will not desynchroize you until your health is depleted. While in the desynch flashing area the tanks cannot hit you, while you can hit them. Supposedly it makes this mission piece of cake, I haven't tried it but saw vids on the web. Good luck!

DJBare
04-10-2011, 06:01 PM
I gave up bothering trying for 100% sync, it takes the "fun" out of the game, especially if it's a long drawn out quest with few checkpoints, I cannot be arsed to retry.

un_synapse
04-10-2011, 06:42 PM
I guess it would **** everyone off that I got 100% on this first try and did not even pay attention to the full sync till I was done?

DarthDeva
04-10-2011, 08:14 PM
The only memory stopping me from achieving 100% sync. I'm at 99.5% http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

lockerxzx
04-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Yes, it's really hard and I replayed that memory like 5 times. But I figured it out:
Don't rush to go forward, there's no time limit
Stay away from explosive barrels
Destroy anything(including barrels, soldiers) in your way before move forward
Always go to the sides(not forward) if you are being aimed.
Circle around the tanks so they can't hit you directly
Hope these tips help http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
BTW ACB should have option to restart the mission from the last checkpoint if we fail to get 100% sync.

Lignjoslav
04-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Just keep circling, never stop for a moment. That gives you the best chance for success.

I've also read that there is a glitch, you need to back out of the battlefield to the point where you are warned about desynchronization (but not so far that you actually get desynchronized) and fight from there. Apparently, the enemy tanks won't shoot at you there (or can't hit you, I don't remember well), but you can hit them.