PDA

View Full Version : The fault connecting to Ubi Com IS The patch cure here

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 01:38 AM
When you install the patch 1.1 of IL-2 Forgotten Battles, it doesn't modify your registry keys. You can make these changes manually by changing the names in the Game Service Games registry. Please follow these directions carefully, making incorrect changes while in the system registry can damage your computer.

1. To do this you will need to go to your Start button and select Run.
2. In the Run box type in regedit and select OK.
3. In the registry editor screen click on the + button next to HKey_Local_Machine
4. From there click on the + next to Software, then the + next to the Ubi Soft folder
5. From here you will want to click on the + next to Game Service Games
6. Click on IL2FB_COOP with your right mouse button and choose to rename the file
7. Change the file name to IL2FB_COOPERATIVE
8. Now click on IL2FB_DFIGHT with your right mouse button and choose to rename the file.
9. Change the file name to IL2FB_DOGFIGHT

You should now be able to play on the ubi.com game service without further problems.

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 01:38 AM
When you install the patch 1.1 of IL-2 Forgotten Battles, it doesn't modify your registry keys. You can make these changes manually by changing the names in the Game Service Games registry. Please follow these directions carefully, making incorrect changes while in the system registry can damage your computer.

1. To do this you will need to go to your Start button and select Run.
2. In the Run box type in regedit and select OK.
3. In the registry editor screen click on the + button next to HKey_Local_Machine
4. From there click on the + next to Software, then the + next to the Ubi Soft folder
5. From here you will want to click on the + next to Game Service Games
6. Click on IL2FB_COOP with your right mouse button and choose to rename the file
7. Change the file name to IL2FB_COOPERATIVE
8. Now click on IL2FB_DFIGHT with your right mouse button and choose to rename the file.
9. Change the file name to IL2FB_DOGFIGHT

You should now be able to play on the ubi.com game service without further problems.

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 02:12 AM
Way ahead of you../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_gd&id=zbcht

25th_Buzz
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<center>
http://www.vfa25.com/sigs/buzz.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 03:23 AM
sry. my bad

Message Edited on 08/16/0304:23AM by Fresshness

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 04:06 AM
It does not fix hosting it has been mentioned by crawlerz you need to change the arg file to read dogfight as well comments? when i tried i got the menus back at least but i think my firewall prevented folks joining.