PDA

View Full Version : Can't Generate Any New Campaigns

TacticalYak3
11-18-2004, 07:34 PM
Ok, I suspect this is just on my end, but just checking - everyone else can generate new campaigns, right?

Tried to make a new Russian campaign and then an American Navy fighter one. I just get a beep each time I press generate.

What am I doing wrong mates?

TacticalYak3
11-18-2004, 07:34 PM
Ok, I suspect this is just on my end, but just checking - everyone else can generate new campaigns, right?

Tried to make a new Russian campaign and then an American Navy fighter one. I just get a beep each time I press generate.

What am I doing wrong mates?

TacticalYak3
11-18-2004, 07:38 PM
Ok it worked when I launched the game the conventional way. Issue with the "quick launch" thing. Hopefully I can now use the faster method to play once generated.

Off to fly.

Saburo_0
11-18-2004, 11:15 PM
let us know Tactical.

Oh BTW noticed they have a different e-mail for bug reports on DGen NGen.

P.s. Here's a Yak for U:

http://www.rayb.com/cartoons/yak.jpg

TacticalYak3
11-19-2004, 06:40 AM
So many things going on right now. But here's my story from playing around some new campaigns last night.

Using the new exe launch, as mentioned, prevented me from generating any new campaigns. However, I re-started the game with the conventional exe and it did generate new campaigns.

I then re-started the game with the new exe and while the campaign played, though I got stutters, it used PF summary (was Russian campaign) and couldn't generate the next mission. Also, I took several pics that I later found seating in my personal directory (Windows XP) instead of the IL-2 game directory - now that was odd.

However, re-started the game with conventional exe, generate mission, played, and continued to next mission with no problems. My initial thought is that the new exe is not working properly for offline campaigns.

---------------------

As being reported, for those of us who enjoy higher fps in Excellent Mode, Oleg has surprised us with a basic ripple water effect, a new water splash effect, and improved dot visibility.

Athosd
11-19-2004, 07:02 AM
Tactical - sounds like DGEN is looking for the normal executable name when generating the next campaign mission.
Have you tried renaming the "new" exe to the original exe name?

New exe doesn't work terribly well for me - but the patch overall is really good.

Cheers

Athos

TacticalYak3
11-19-2004, 07:09 AM
I could try that mate, but given some of the micro-stuttering using the new exe I think I'll stick to the original exe until everything is resolved in next patch or two.

Agree, overall this patch is very good. As I mentioned elsewhere, for those of us using Excellent the water effects (ripples and splash) are fantastic. Using 4AA/8AF on Excellent with great fps is the way I personally enjoy this game, especially with TrackIR where fps are even more important IMP.

Regards,
TactS!