PDA

View Full Version : Question about Denver Airpot (SPOILERS)

SheWas18
12-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Okay in the original Assassin's Creed Lucy said their first apple (think she said first) was destroyed at the Denver International Airport with the intent to launch is via a satellite and use it to manipulate minds. The Wiki says the apple was destroyed in Abstergo's Facility underground in the Airport. If I remember right, Lucy said it was destroyed in the accident with the satellite. So my question is; which is it? Did they lose the apple from their facility getting destroyed, or did they try to launch the satellite and it failed?

Im very confused about the whole Denver International Airport and satellite thing. If someone could please explain it and clear it up for me it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Poodle_of_Doom
12-10-2011, 10:31 PM
I think they're two separate events. What your think of is the phrase "Everything’s Denver.", and the emails that correlate to it. There was an apple that was destroyed there. There was a under ground lab incident, a separate one, that had complications regarding the first attempted launch. The idea behind the launch is to simulate the apples effects, and broadcast it over a wide area. I doubt they'd use the actual apple, and would try to duplicate it because if they were to destroy the apple in another accident, they'd lose a valuable artifact. If they can recreate the effects, and something happens, no harm, no foul.

twenty_glyphs
12-10-2011, 11:48 PM
The circumstance around the DIA (Denver International Airport) accident are vague. But Lucy does say the Apple was destroyed in the accident, and a minute later says the accident happened at the underground facility at DIA. Whether they were just running some test, trying to assemble the satellite, or actually attempting to launch from there has not been stated. It does seem doubtful that they would launch something into orbit from an airport, since achieving orbit involves a rocket that is usually launched from somewhere near the ocean. But we just don't know. It is pretty certain that we're just talking about one Apple though, and not two separate incidents.

SheWas18
12-11-2011, 12:05 AM
Makes sense. The phrase "Everything's Denver" sounded like it was used the wrong way, Lucy said it as if she was saying everything is alright, but when I think of Everything's Denver I think of the accident and how they said it was bad. Still some confusion haha.

Geinref
12-11-2011, 01:22 AM
Another thing to mention, can't these "artifacts" only be destroyed with electricity? Maybe Abstergo thinks they lost it but really it was probably an accident purposely created by the assassins to get the apple. Anyways we dont know! :/

SheWas18
12-11-2011, 08:57 AM
I don't think it was an accident purposely created by the Assassins. I think Abstergo just failed their plan.

twenty_glyphs
12-11-2011, 12:51 PM
One of Lucy's deleted emails in AC1 is someone saying they need intel on the DIA event. Another deleted email later says they are sending a rescue team for Desmond, so presumably it's the Assassins who are communicating with Lucy. The Assassins seem to know very little about the Denver incident or the satellite plans other than what thy know through Lucy, so I would doubt that they were behind the Denver accident.

As for the phrase "everything's Denver", I agree that it makes no sense. It would make sense to say leading up to the accident, but after such a major accident, why would you continue to use a phrase referencing it to mean that everything's okay?

Poodle_of_Doom
12-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Depends on the overall outcome of the Denver incedent I guess. If it went badly, but some good came out of it, I could understand the inference.

SheWas18
12-11-2011, 09:02 PM
I have a question about Lucy in the first game. When you talk to her and she says to "Have faith Desmond" she shows that she is missing her ring finger just like Altair or an Assassin. But when you look at her when she is typing or any other time, or in the beginning of AC2 when she reveals herself to be an Assassin and helps you break out of Abstergo, she has all of her fingers. Kind of confused with this, did Desmond just imagine in because he had a hunch she wasn't a Templar? Desmond did say "I've made a friend, her name is Lucy." And he said this before she revealed to be an Assassin by helping him escape. Someone clear this up for me?

Poodle_of_Doom
12-11-2011, 11:10 PM
She always had all her fingers, she just folded one down. As to your questions, I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly what your asking.

SheWas18
12-12-2011, 03:39 AM
I was just asking what the deal was with that, and if anyone could clear it up, which you did. Thanks

LightRey
12-12-2011, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
One of Lucy's deleted emails in AC1 is someone saying they need intel on the DIA event. Another deleted email later says they are sending a rescue team for Desmond, so presumably it's the Assassins who are communicating with Lucy. The Assassins seem to know very little about the Denver incident or the satellite plans other than what thy know through Lucy, so I would doubt that they were behind the Denver accident.

As for the phrase "everything's Denver", I agree that it makes no sense. It would make sense to say leading up to the accident, but after such a major accident, why would you continue to use a phrase referencing it to mean that everything's okay?
I think it's basically to remind people that even if all seems to be ok, everything can still go wrong. It's an ironic statement.

SheWas18
12-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Yeah, it's pretty ironic haha.