PDA

View Full Version : Slideshow in Leningrad

Dr. Bones
08-26-2005, 10:33 PM
I just finished the first mission in my Finnish "Continuation War" 1942 campaign...it took me three tries because on each of the first two, my PC practically locked up as soon as someone started shooting at me. Framerate dropped to 1 frame every 3-5 seconds and stayed that way for 15+ seconds each time. Obviously, this is not a helpful behavior under fire.

I assume the game was loading data at the time of the slowdowns...obviously this has to be done, but is there any way to force it to pre-cache as much of this as possible and not get the slideshow effect in the air?

pourshot
08-26-2005, 10:38 PM
Sounds like you need more Ram.

Von_Zero
08-26-2005, 10:42 PM
try posting yer DxDiag in the Tech Forum, the guys in there are always willing to help http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Dr. Bones
08-26-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by pourshot:
Sounds like you need more Ram.

Well, that's possible, but I have to question it. I'm running a gig...that isn't a whole lot these days, but I ran FB under 512MB many times with less stuttering than I'm getting here. Is there something about the Leningrad map that chews up resources? I haven't seen this problem on any of the other maps.