PDA

View Full Version : CD-rom problem

fi-bluedragon
12-05-2004, 05:26 AM
Could anyone help me. I keep having an intermittent error message come up when I play Pacific Fighters. I can play the game initially, then if I quit out of the game to the desktop but leave the CD in the computer, when I try to play again, I get an error message saying 'Cannot locate CD-rom'.

fi-bluedragon
12-05-2004, 05:26 AM
Could anyone help me. I keep having an intermittent error message come up when I play Pacific Fighters. I can play the game initially, then if I quit out of the game to the desktop but leave the CD in the computer, when I try to play again, I get an error message saying 'Cannot locate CD-rom'.

Taylortony
12-05-2004, 06:22 AM
try cleaning the cd, gently with something soft like tissue to remove any smears on it. DOnt use anything that will scratch it

steve_v
12-05-2004, 09:51 AM
Happens to me too. I open and close the cd-rom tray. As a guess, I think its related to how the OS "sees" the disc over time, not drive or disc related.

fi-bluedragon
12-05-2004, 11:44 AM
I've tried that Steve and it doesn't seem to work. I have also noticed it with other games so I think it must be something to do with the CD drive itself. I think I read somewhere that I may need a file updating for my CD drive, but I can't remember which one it is.

steve_v
12-05-2004, 03:03 PM
This is what has been reported throughout the forums:

cd-rom: update firmware and clean lens
cd: removing of smudges on disc

Troll2k
12-05-2004, 07:14 PM
I think Hunter82 mention that if you had an nforce motherboard to use the generic ide drivers inside of the nforce ones.I would do a search(if it is working) to verify this.

Spy17
12-06-2004, 12:17 AM
I have the same problem!
Cd-Rom drivers?
Wonder where to find those?