PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help!

Heinkel_G
07-13-2007, 12:15 PM
I've been a faithful Il2 pilot for some time now and have more than once noticed aircraft that were available to fly on multiplayer servers that I am unable to fly on my game in single player mode. Does anyone know where I can go to download these extra aircraft?

B16Enk
07-13-2007, 12:31 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums m8.

First off, there are no planes to 'download' in IL2 per se, aside from those that are contained within patches/expansion packs.

Secondly, the fact that you see the planes in multiplayer servers suggests you have the same patches (you wouldn't be able to join the server otherwise) so perhaps these are AI planes that the host has made available as externally flyable?

VMF-214_HaVoK
07-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Could you please state what version you have and some of the planes you do not see listed? And are you talking about quick mission builder or campaign mode? With more details we could assist you much better.

S!

rnzoli
07-13-2007, 03:58 PM
maybe he refers to AI aircraft flown with external view on the DF servers?

Zeus-cat
07-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Aircraft that are AI (computer only) aircraft in single player missions can be flown in multiplayer missions if the server allows it. There is a specific procedure you must follow to fly these planes.

I believe you have to select a flyable plane, join the mission, exit back to the aircraft selection screen and then choose the AI plane you want. When you re-enter the game you will be "flying" from the outside of the aircraft.