PDA

View Full Version : Hotas Cougar issue

jugent
03-19-2005, 06:23 AM
The views are odd to me.
When I use hat1 I can only set it to panview but it get the positions of snapview.
If I use the F9 key to toggle views, snapview mode only rocks the view.
I cant use the Hat1 as POW because then the mouse couses the view to slide around.

jugent
03-19-2005, 06:23 AM
The views are odd to me.
When I use hat1 I can only set it to panview but it get the positions of snapview.
If I use the F9 key to toggle views, snapview mode only rocks the view.
I cant use the Hat1 as POW because then the mouse couses the view to slide around.

bolox00
03-19-2005, 10:39 AM
bit rusty with the views as i have tir

first thought is what mode are you using your kitty in? dx mode (red icon) or emulated mode (green icon)?
also are you using non standard control setup for your pilot- if you created a new pilot for these you could try going back to the default pilot (john doe).this should at least work in dx mode
one other thought-is your kitty the only input device connected?

http://cougar.frugalsworld.com/
if you haven't been is worth a visit

good luck

jugent
03-19-2005, 04:10 PM
I use the emulate mode and I have adapted the "Userdefined" oportunities othervice I use the default keys for the game.

bolox00
03-20-2005, 02:21 AM
umm..
did you write the profile yourself? or d/l one from net?

my first go would be to check to se if there is a statement in your tmj like:
USE HAT1 AS POV
(USE MTYPE A5)
1st line should give you normal hat control provided you haven't added any keys to hat 1-should generate nothing for hat in foxy keytest.
bracketed line puts microstick as mouse- could be usefull?- also if your mouse is moving your view you could reduce it's sensitivity in game-hardware setup>input>mouse sensitivity- 1.0 is default- try 0.5?

if you're still stuck can you email me these files?
your current tmj and tmm
the settings file for your pilot-- fb/users/pilot x/...
(or just user folder)
mail to ...b.mandeville AT ntlworld.com
am working away after wed but hopefully should be sorted by then
cheers

jugent
03-20-2005, 02:47 PM
I have used USE HAT1....
it became better when I assigned it directly.
Thx I mail the files I use right away

LLv34_Stafroty
03-20-2005, 06:47 PM
tip: sell that TM Hotas Cougar to someone as fast as possible. its no good. had 2 of those, quality sucks BIG time.

pourshot
03-20-2005, 09:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LLv34_Stafroty:
tip: sell that TM Hotas Cougar to someone as fast as possible. its no good. had 2 of those, quality sucks BIG time. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No good for you maybe.

bird_brain
03-21-2005, 06:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LLv34_Stafroty:
tip: sell that TM Hotas Cougar to someone as fast as possible. its no good. had 2 of those, quality sucks BIG time. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Had mine for 2 years & it works like a champ... #7395. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif
Some seem to be better than others. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

panther3485
03-21-2005, 07:40 AM
Hi guys,

Had my HOTAS Cougar for about 10 months and I love it. Reckon the only significant dislike for me is the stick action being a bit heavy and somewhat tiring to use for close-in dogfighting. Heard there's a kit around somewhere to fix this and if so, will change my Cougar from 'Excellent' to 'Near Perfect' rating IMHO.

But, diff'rent strokes, I guess...

Best regards to all,
panther3485

Bogun
03-21-2005, 08:32 AM
The Cougar is beautiful stick.
Use it the way I do €" put it on a shelf and enjoy its great look.
In the game use better sticks like CH Fighterstick USB or Saitek EVO.