PDA

View Full Version : Will we learn more about the unknown person who sent Vidic the e-mail in AC1?

ShaneO7K
05-09-2011, 02:39 PM
So from seeing from the description of Revelations and some people saying that this will answer some of the unanswered questions from AC1 before we make the jump to AC3.

One thing I would like to know is will we learn more about the unidentified person who sent the e-mail to Vidic in AC1. Like Adam and Eve he/she seems to be immune to the effects of the PoE.

Here's the e-mail-
"I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING. I KNOW WHAT YOU DID. I SAW HIM. HE HAD A METAL BALL. IT OPENED. THEY WENT CRAZY. SHOOTING. STABBING. TORE EACH OTHER TO PIECES. I KNOW IT WAS YOU PEOPLE. SAW THE LOGO. HEARD THE NAME. I'M GOING TO TELL. ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN. YOU'LL BE EXPOSED. THEY'LL KNOW THE TRUTH. AND THEN YOU WILL PAY. YOU CRAZY BASTARDS. YOU'LL PAY."

gamertam
05-09-2011, 09:47 PM
I'm guessing it had to be Lucy or Rebecca. After all, Desmond stabbed her in the end. Maybe she a mole for the Templar. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

an-assassin
05-10-2011, 12:15 AM
gamertan!!! put spoiler tags

RzaRecta357
05-10-2011, 12:17 AM
I seriously doubt it would be Lucy or Rebecca.

Anyway, lots of people are immune to the effects. There is also an email that states something about that in AC1.

Probably just some reporter or crazy guy that seen it.

Artemis88
05-10-2011, 05:09 AM
I always thought it was 16 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Or as RzaRecta357 said, possibly a reporter or someone.

DeSabellis
05-10-2011, 08:15 AM
I thought it was referring to the Denver International Airport incident. I believe it was mentioned in an email that a 'clean-up' crew was sent.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Vidic%27s_e-mail

Scroll down to the third email in Vidic's inbox. It sounds like it might be the same incident. We probably won't ever get any answers though- too busy with spin-offs of spin-offs.

ShaneO7K
05-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by DeSabellis:
I thought it was referring to the Denver International Airport incident. I believe it was mentioned in an email that a 'clean-up' crew was sent.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Vidic%27s_e-mail

Scroll down to the third email in Vidic's inbox. It sounds like it might be the same incident. We probably won't ever get any answers though- too busy with spin-offs of spin-offs. Yeah it was a person who witnessed the Denver airport incident, I doubt it could be anyone we know. When the e-mail says he saw the logo and heard the name rather than just calling abstergo templars and actually calling the apple the PoE.
Did it not say somewhere that Revelations will answer all unanswered questions from AC1 before we jump to AC3.

reini03
05-10-2011, 09:33 AM
Actually sounds like the E-mail is from Shaun. Abstergo wanted to get him as he told them that he was aware of the company... or something like that. And Rebecca saved him.
I might be completely wrong as well :P

lilbacchant
05-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Or maybe it was Erudito? Who knows. But keep in mind that this *witness* wasn't necessarily physically present.

I'm sure Abstergo had security cameras and the like all over their DIA facility (just like they do in the facility in AC1). It's entirely possible that the person behind this email saw that recorded footage (either live or the archive). If so, someone with hacking skills would be a prime suspect ....

iSoTryHard
02-04-2012, 11:43 AM
for some odd reason i think it was william miles but then again im probably wrong because as they were still secret in the farm and didnt want to reveal their location

LightRey
02-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if the one who wrote it is (part of) Erudito.

SixKeys
02-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Yeah, it's probably someone who is part of/works for Erudito or some unknown witness. The writing style fits none of the characters we already know (except 16, but he was already dead by then and he would have known what "the metal ball" was).

jazmex
02-05-2012, 06:00 PM
I think it was someone who possibly started Erudito, as someone said earlier maybe Shaun the e-mails could back this up as Alan said in his e-mail to Vidic that he was wondering if the personal had help.

on Erudito, I think a group of hacktivists (the modern term i believe) possibly work with/for the assassins working on bringing down Abstergo my guess is it's a civilian group.

LightRey
02-05-2012, 06:11 PM
I think it was someone who possibly started Erudito, as someone said earlier maybe Shaun the e-mails could back this up as Alan said in his e-mail to Vidic that he was wondering if the personal had help.

on Erudito, I think a group of hacktivists (the modern term i believe) possibly work with/for the assassins working on bringing down Abstergo my guess is it's a civilian group.

I don't think they're affiliated with the Assassins. The encyclopedia suggests that the Assassins have no idea just who they are and the fact that he/she/they hacked the emails of Shaun, Rebecca and Lucy is further evidence of that.

D.I.D.
02-05-2012, 06:56 PM

Got to be. Only one A away from being an anagram of Auditore.

LightRey
02-05-2012, 07:10 PM
Got to be. Only one A away from being an anagram of Auditore.

That's not how it works...

D.I.D.
02-05-2012, 07:24 PM
That's not how it works...

Either it's a big coincidence or it's deliberate, and I think it's deliberate.

[I messed this up when I typed it originally! So, getting it right this time: Erudito is an anagram of Uditore, which is Italian for "auditor", and "Auditore" also translates from Italian to English as "auditor". It's a pretty good fit, anyway.]

There's no surprise shown by the hacker(s) about the things found in the files - they know who and what the Assassins are. It's not surprising that the small cell we get to see doesn't know much about Erudito.

LightRey
02-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Or if you prefer, "erudito" is an anagram of "auditor", which is "auditore" in Italian. Either it's a big coincidence or it's deliberate, and I think it's deliberate.

There's no surprise shown by the hacker(s) about the things found in the files - they know who and what the Assassins are. It's not surprising that the small cell we get to see doesn't know much about Erudito.

It's not a "big coincidence". These things are bound to pop up and it just so happens that both names have their own translations, which to me are fare more significant. Anagrams are common enough to pop up anywhere and since this isn't even an actual anagram, but "almost" one, it's even less likely to be meaningful.

I never said the hackers would be "surprised" by the existence of the Assassins. In fact, since they are well aware of the Templars it's not hard to imagine they are well aware of the Assassins as well. However, I don't see how a group or person affiliated with the Assassins would go out of their way to hack the emails of fellow Assassins and reveal their passwords to Desmond, all in secret.

De Filosoof
02-05-2012, 08:16 PM
It's not a "big coincidence". These things are bound to pop up and it just so happens that both names have their own translations, which to me are fare more significant. Anagrams are common enough to pop up anywhere and since this isn't even an actual anagram, but "almost" one, it's even less likely to be meaningful.

I never said the hackers would be "surprised" by the existence of the Assassins. In fact, since they are well aware of the Templars it's not hard to imagine they are well aware of the Assassins as well. However, I don't see how a group or person affiliated with the Assassins would go out of their way to hack the emails of fellow Assassins and reveal their passwords to Desmond, all in secret.

I think Erudito knew there is/was a templar mole in the assassins team so they gave Desmond the passwords to keep an eye on them and look for suspicious emails.

LightRey
02-05-2012, 08:18 PM
I think Erudito knew there is/was a templar mole in the assassins team so they gave Desmond the passwords to keep an eye on them and look for suspicious emails.

That's a nice theory, but circular reasoning gets us nowhere.

D.I.D.
02-05-2012, 09:32 PM

Christ alive.

"Erudito" ("scholar" in Italian) is an exact anagram of "uditore", which is Italian for "auditor". Another Italian word for "auditor" is "auditore". So Ezio's family name means "auditor".

If it's not a deliberate thing, it is a coincidence.

LightRey
02-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Christ alive.

"Erudito" ("scholar" in Italian) is an exact anagram of "uditore", which is Italian for "auditor". Another Italian word for "auditor" is "auditore". So Ezio's family name means "auditor".

If it's not a deliberate thing, it is a coincidence.

You're actually making a conspiracy theory about a game about a conspiracy theory.

B_Crispino
02-05-2012, 11:29 PM
pretty sure it has something to do with "erudito"

B_Crispino
02-05-2012, 11:32 PM
oh it seems i'm a little late... bah

D.I.D.
02-05-2012, 11:45 PM
You're actually making a conspiracy theory about a game about a conspiracy theory.

*head... desk*

No. I'm saying it looks like a deliberate move to me, because it's a pretty neat collision and it would be a nice touch, but if it's not deliberate then it will be a coincidence. Which is what a coincidence is. When two or more chance events share a perceived similarity.

LightRey
02-06-2012, 12:40 AM
*head... desk*

No. I'm saying it looks like a deliberate move to me, because it's a pretty neat collision and it would be a nice touch, but if it's not deliberate then it will be a coincidence. Which is what a coincidence is. When two or more chance events share a perceived similarity.

And I'm saying you're acting like a conspiracy theorist. This isn't even worthy of the name "coincidence". If the games were filled with anagrams it'd be suspicious, as it'd be a recurring pattern, but this is just something that is not even an actual anagram.

B_Crispino
02-06-2012, 05:16 AM
Doubleclick, i honestly believe that the name "erudito" was a way they could enphasize that he/she/they know what's going on, that they (lets leave it that way) have knowledge, or something... i dont think it has anything to do with the auditore family, specially if it actually is a group. i mean, what? family reunion? doesnt make much sense to me

D.I.D.
02-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Doubleclick, i honestly believe that the name "erudito" was a way they could enphasize that he/she/they know what's going on, that they (lets leave it that way) have knowledge, or something... i dont think it has anything to do with the auditore family, specially if it actually is a group. i mean, what? family reunion? doesnt make much sense to me

That's fine; we can agree to disagree, and see what happens if/when the Erudito thing gets revealed.

I'm just astonished that Light Rey would take his trademark bloody-mindedness so far as to actually argue over what the word "coincidence" means. Must be unbearable in real life.

LightRey
02-06-2012, 01:47 PM
That's fine; we can agree to disagree, and see what happens if/when the Erudito thing gets revealed.

I'm just astonished that Light Rey would take his trademark bloody-mindedness so far as to actually argue over what the word "coincidence" means. Must be unbearable in real life.

I'm not arguing what the word coincidence means. It can perfectly well be used here. However, I find that the word it not appropriate because it implies that finding such a near-anagram is something rare, which it really isn't.