PDA

View Full Version : Things Ubi Needs to Add/Improve PLEASE READ, UBI.

lil_morta_7
06-11-2011, 10:42 AM
'Ello! And thanks for reading if you are. First off, I would like to say that I never played Far Cry 2. So anything that has already been addressed, please tell me so I may edit. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Well, first off, more vehicles and WAY better vehicles. I'm sure you guys have heard many other Far Cry gamers complain about this. I'm here to join them.

Second, look sensitivity. I played Far Cry 1 and Instincts a lot way back when with my friends and such but one GIANT pet peeve of mine was the awkward, blocky look sensitivity. I couldn't aim to save my life. I died a lot because of that and it really annoyed me.

Enemies - The AI is a very important part of the single player in this game. AI has always been the difference between Far Cry and games like Call of Duty. In Far Cry, the AI would be smart. So you wouldn't need many of them. Unlike CoD where they have a million *******es after you. I always found that so fun and amusing. (The FC AI not CoD) So first off, make the AI smart, but not like FC2 smart where they all know where you are after a single silenced shot. lol.

Stealth - The other thing I absolutely loved about the Far Cry games that I could not get the same feeling with any other game was the stealth aspect. I always loved to sneak around in the forests and jungles and now that we're back on islands, (THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR THAT!) I really, realllyyy, REALLY want that aspect to be in the game.

Map - Okay. I know the map will be big but I honestly think the bigger the map, the better this game will be. Amp it up, Ubi! We're back on an island which is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen and I want this place to be huge. Also, add a bunch of secret stuff. I love easter eggs! :-D

Originality - Okay. Listen close to this one. Don't copy anything from Call of Duty or Battlefield or any other popular shooter. Like ANYTHING. I, (And a lot of other fans) want this game to be as unique as possible. Please don't screw that up, Ubisoft. We don't want just another FPS but on an island. I'm sure you will fail to disappoint. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Guns and Realism - Last but not least, guns and realism. For a weapons list, don't take CoD fanboy's suggestions and put in all these modern guns these dumb little kids who claim they want "realism" in the game. Put realistic guns in. Realistic as in: you're on a remote island that hasn't seen the light of large civilization in a long, long time. So like, old MP5's and stuff like that. Just older, out-dated guns. I see you have the AK-47 and M1911. Good choice so far. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif As for realism, I like realistic games but FC2 was just outrageous. Don't make cars break down, and don't make us put our bones back in place. That was quite frankly, stupid to me.

other than that, great job, Ubi! Keep it up. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SICKSIX6_IOWA
06-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by lil_morta_7:
Originality - Okay. Listen close to this one. Don't copy anything from Call of Duty or Battlefield or any other popular shooter. Like ANYTHING. I, (And a lot of other fans) want this game to be as unique as possible. Please don't screw that up, Ubisoft. We don't want just another FPS but on an island.

I especially like this part!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Brimtown
06-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Well, if they're going to copy something from COD, then let it be the multiplayer variety. Meaning, don't just stick us with 3-4 garden variety game modes. Give us multiple modes, and allow deep customization within those modes.

But other than that, I agree, keep this game unique.

Oh, and bringing back Predator mode would be nice! I know this game has nothing to do with mutants, but still, FC fans seem to enjoy it. Call it 'insanity' mode if you want.

lil_morta_7
06-11-2011, 02:05 PM
haha "INSANITY MODE" lol and yeah they def. need multiplayer modes. And when you say deep customization, you mean Private matches, right?

Artheval_Pe
06-12-2011, 05:38 PM
As far as improvement go, I think that Ubisoft can really look into the design of combat spaces in the first Crysis. Even with a few houses and a douzen ennemies, Crytek managed to create intense and interesting combat scenarios.

Part of that is because of the nanosuit, but the other is linked to the way the environnements were designed and the way the AI worked. Being able to circle around the houses, to take cover, to hide in the plants by going prone. That is the kind of gameplay that Far Cry 3 needs.

A lot of gunfights in Far Cry 2 were boring because once the enemy saw you, they always knew were you were, and because there was nothing to take cover behind or to hide.

Moreover, it would be great if the small buildings (like the shacks) were destructible, and partially destructible (like in Crysis). It allows the player to hide and take cover, while still making him insecure since his cover is fragile. Plus, whenever grenades are involved, it becomes very interesting as there are few things more fun than blowing up a shack in which an enemy is taking refuge.

I am not saying that Far Cry 3 must be like Crysis, but that game was expertly designed as far as jungle combat is concerned, and it would be a shame not to learn some lessons from it.