PDA

View Full Version : economic stuff from the dev diary 2

EmperorxZurg
08-12-2009, 05:23 PM
Did anyone see the store Ezio was at? I was looking at the pics Noxie posted and it looked like they were paintings, so could Ezio buy paintings along with weapons and the such?

And in the screenshot where he was at the shopping screen, it showed how much money he had on person, but below it, how much in his treasure chest, so could you store money at ur "house"?

sorry if this is already up but I haven't seen anything up about this aspect yet

Ezio28101943
08-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I saw that too. You might stay at DaVinci's place and he sends you to go buy/sell stuff.

caswallawn_2k7
08-12-2009, 05:36 PM
there is that rumour going round that you get a house you can decorate and show offf to your friends so it is possible you have a money chest and can get paintings and such to go on the walls.

Korejo
08-13-2009, 03:00 AM
there is that rumour going round that you get a house you can decorate and show offf to your friends so it is possible you have a money chest and can get paintings and such to go on the walls.

That would be awesome!

Xanatos2007
08-13-2009, 03:22 AM
Assassin's Creed is quickly turning into an RPG, I think they're forgetting the 'memory re-living' aspect of it.

Korejo
08-13-2009, 03:49 AM
Having a safehouse doesn't harm memory re-living aspect of the game.. Altair used to stay/rest at Assassin's bureau after assassination's.. Ezio wont be having that.. so y not a house?..

Xanatos2007
08-13-2009, 03:55 AM
The house, the economic system, the factions, these seem like they belong in Morrowind. That's just my opinion though, they're not about to change the entire game because one person disagrees.

sensationikke
08-13-2009, 03:58 AM
I think there is also a chest cause what you they said there can be stolen from you. So when someone steals all your money you have with you, you still have got a bit left.

popspartan117
08-13-2009, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by sensationikke:
I think there is also a chest cause what you they said there can be stolen from you. So when someone steals all your money you have with you, you still have got a bit left.

What?! How would they get away with it anyway without paying with their lifes? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Cornik22
08-13-2009, 04:31 AM
Here´s the menu. Can anyone explain each thing one by one?

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4443/menulow.jpg

bladencrowd
08-13-2009, 06:46 AM
You can buy throwing knives, bullets and smoke bombs from blacksmiths.
You seem to carry a small amount of money wherever you go, but you main supply is in a chest somewhere.
At this point of the game the player has 5 of 12 throwing knives.
There is a commercial district, so maybe there's residential and industrial as well.
This example menu is from a Xbox360 game.
The district is in Venice.
There seems to be an apparent time skip. The year is 1482 and the demo and trailer took place in 1486.

Cornik22
08-13-2009, 08:05 AM
You can buy throwing knives, bullets and smoke bombs from blacksmiths.
From the empty space under throwing knives, bullets and smoke bombs I suggest you will unlock new tobjects to purchase as you progress in the game.

You seem to carry a small amount of money wherever you go, but you main supply is in a chest somewhere.
You mean a chest like a treasure chest? And what happens if you want to buy something expensive? You have to go back to wherever the chests is and then come bak to the shop? That would be very annoying.

At this point of the game the player has 5 of 12 throwing knives.
In my opinion the player is attempting to buy 5 throwing knives of a maximun of 12, with a price of 4.600 f, but I could be wrong.

thekyle0
08-13-2009, 08:29 AM
It might not be that he has a house. He probably keeps the chest at Leonardo's workshop, or where ever Lario lives, or maybe Machieveli keeps it for him. Or maybe Ezio even has a hiding spot somewhere in an alley where he can stash all of his things.

NoxieDC
08-13-2009, 09:21 AM
1)Thank you captain obvious.
2)Throwing knives are expensive. I may have to go to the poor guy and take them back when I'm done.
3) These RPG elements don't seem out of place. Their just choices and extras that work well.

*recurses the complications for getting a Black Edition*

MrNussbaum
08-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by popspartan117:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sensationikke:

What?! How would they get away with it anyway without paying with their lifes? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My only guess is there isn't the option of stealing your money back from their cold, dead hands.

Danvish
08-13-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
The house, the economic system, the factions, these seem like they belong in Morrowind. That's just my opinion though, they're not about to change the entire game because one person disagrees.

You know, I do agree with you.
Many people won't agree with me, but what I liked about AC, is that althought it wasn't easy game, it was a simple game.
You didn't need to think about Economics, and other people and stuff. You could focus on what you really are, an assassin.
I'm not, and I'll say it again, I AM NOT, against all these new things, on the conterary (sp?), I do support them. But as Xana said, you must not forget that AC is not a pure RPG game! It can possess SOMG RPG aspects, but you don't expect to get an RPG game when you buy it.

thekyle0
08-13-2009, 12:12 PM
At least there isn't any word on exp points. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Danvish
08-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
At least there isn't any word on exp points. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Heh, if Ezio starts to go up levels, I'm selling this game away.

Cornik22
08-13-2009, 12:46 PM
I find this quote really funny http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif "The diary also discusses the emergence of banking during this period in history and, just like bankers in modern life, Ezio will now be able to steal from everyone in the game."

AetosEagle
08-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Danvish:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:

Heh, if Ezio starts to go up levels, I'm selling this game away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Really?

Edengoth
08-13-2009, 12:54 PM
Or if I see "you get dark points for assassinating da vinci". I really hope AC2 stays away from too many modern gaming tropes.

Danvish
08-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Edengoth:
Or if I see "you get dark points for assassinating da vinci". I really hope AC2 stays away from too many modern gaming tropes.

Yeh.. it's not supposed to be an RPG game, you're not supposed to build Ezio. You just get into his shoes, his deeds are already done, any interference should be minor.

MANGAJEDI
08-13-2009, 03:10 PM
I really like these new additions. I want to be able to buy my equipment and then go plan my assassinations http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Riding/walking around town scoping out any possible openings in my target's defense. All of this is turning into an amazing game worthy of being a sequel.

Korejo
08-14-2009, 12:14 AM
I like these addition's too.. i think it will be a choice if u want to recruit faction's or go at it alone..

And economic system.. it seem's fine.. I presume.. it will be like Hitman blood money.. where during the assassination there is an extra objective like stealing a case full of diamond's.. u get money from that.. and u buy weapons before assassinating next target.

If they keep it simple like that.. it would be realistic (As most people want the games to be these day's) and fun.

deskpe
08-14-2009, 12:29 AM
they have said you should be able to get through the game only using ur fists+hidden blades, so all of the trading is optional

and the factions isnt groups you can join, like it is in rpg, these are people you can pay to help you if you want

im looking forward to stealing money from people, its something to do while walking randomly around admiering the cities http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Tim1249
08-14-2009, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by NoxieDC:
1)Thank you captain obvious.
2)Throwing knives are expensive. I may have to go to the poor guy and take them back when I'm done.
3) These RPG elements don't seem out of place. Their just choices and extras that work well.

*recurses the complications for getting a Black Edition*

There is absolutely NO WAY!!!! (sorry for the caps) that you could say tht the throwing knives are expensive. U have no idea how much u earn each missions, and how much u steal from ppl. U might earn like 500 000f per mission of sumthing. Then 4200 not so expenseve for 5 knives.

deskpe
08-14-2009, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Tim1249:

There is absolutely NO WAY!!!! (sorry for the caps) that you could say tht the throwing knives are expensive. U have no idea how much u earn each missions, and how much u steal from ppl. U might earn like 500 000f per mission of sumthing. Then 4200 not so expenseve for 5 knives.

how about realism? i think maaaaybe that price is to unlock a new "knife slot" or soemthing, or maybe buy 7 knifes ( he has 5/12 knifes and needs 7 to get the rest 7,,, 4200 / 7 = 600,,, so 600 for one knife? i dunno just guessing or soemthing hmm)

edbeano
08-14-2009, 11:09 AM
I http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif the new additions!!

I love my RPGs + I love AC = NOVEMEBER IS GOING TO BE AWSOME!

Like everyones pointing out, this new economic system is optional. So if you want the knives, your going to have to join the thieves for a few jobs.

moqqy
08-14-2009, 11:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:

Heh, if Ezio starts to go up levels, I'm selling this game away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That doesn't really make sense. They had a leveling system in AC1, too.

Complete a mission, level up. You gain the ability to dodge.

Complete another, level up. Here, a new sword and the ability to parry.

Et cetera... and AC2 seems to have more of the same (becoming master assassin after some time etc..)

bladencrowd
08-14-2009, 12:23 PM
I think he means leveling up through experience points.

Danvish
08-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by moqqy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Danvish:

Et cetera... and AC2 seems to have more of the same (becoming master assassin after some time etc..) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong.
There's a VERY BIG different between unlocking eq/upgrades and going up levels.

In an RPG game, when you go up levels and earn xp, usually you have like 15-20 skills/abilities that improve by 1-3 points. That effects the entire fighting/experiencing of the game. However, Altair didn't go up levels, as he simply unlocked better eq. You couldn't earn xp, no matter how many people you killed.

obliviondoll
08-15-2009, 08:52 PM
So you're complaining if they have stereotypically RPG-style experience-point-based levels, not if they have levels.

I don't blame you.

But yes, Altair DID go up levels. After each victory, you get a "rank up" screen where he plays with his new toys and the game describes what abilities you've unlocked.

Back to the point though, earning/stealing money, spending money, using the items he spent money on, all are things that Ezio did. So they're all things you CAN do. You aren't required to specifically relive each memory Ezio has, just to find a usable path through his memories with enough of them strung together to avoid losing sync. You can avoid spending Ezio's money on, but all that means is that you chose not to relive the moments where he spent that money on those items.

moqqy
08-16-2009, 05:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Danvish:

Et cetera... and AC2 seems to have more of the same (becoming master assassin after some time etc..) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong.
There's a VERY BIG different between unlocking eq/upgrades and going up levels.

In an RPG game, when you go up levels and earn xp, usually you have like 15-20 skills/abilities that improve by 1-3 points. That effects the entire fighting/experiencing of the game. However, Altair didn't go up levels, as he simply unlocked better eq. You couldn't earn xp, no matter how many people you killed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only difference is that you don't see "LEVEL UP" pop up. The mechanics are the same. Complete a quest, get better.

Edengoth
08-16-2009, 06:53 PM
Nope...the big difference is HOW you get these upgrades and such. In AC1 you couldn't grind your way to the top by killing waves of baddies. It was built into the game when and how you would get upgrades, at points in the story, not based on how many armies you plowed through.

moqqy
08-17-2009, 06:53 AM
There are a lot of RPGs where you can't really level up just by killing people, you need to complete the quests (e.g... 1 quest = 5000 bad guys).

thekyle0
08-17-2009, 08:05 AM
But assassin's creed isn't one of those games.

rame96
08-17-2009, 08:52 AM
I seriously doubt that there are going to be that many rpg aspects to the game. For one thing you get money by stealing it, so you get upgrades by spending time pick-pocketing people, not by killing guards. I doubt you get money by killing your target because whose going to pay you? Da Vinci? It's not very realistic. Also we're three monthes away from release. I think they would have said something bu now.

As for leveling up... you did level up in AC1, but you couldn't choose how. They gave you a new fighting move and that was it. In a rpg you decide how you level up and what you want to excel at. Half the time you were just getting more throwing knives anyway.

Danvish
08-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by rame96:
I seriously doubt that there are going to be that many rpg aspects to the game. For one thing you get money by stealing it, so you get upgrades by spending time pick-pocketing people, not by killing guards. I doubt you get money by killing your target because whose going to pay you? Da Vinci? It's not very realistic. Also we're three monthes away from release. I think they would have said something bu now.

As for leveling up... you did level up in AC1, but you couldn't choose how. They gave you a new fighting move and that was it. In a rpg you decide how you level up and what you want to excel at. Half the time you were just getting more throwing knives anyway.

Excellent point!
In ACI you just follow the story, the memory. It's what happend back then also, Altair got his rank and stuff back, he didn't choose to do it.
It should be the same here. Never seperate the story from the gameplay.