PDA

View Full Version : assassins creed was never a stealth game to begin with?? it was more "social stealth"

Radman500
11-25-2010, 06:02 PM
i dont get what people are saying that there has been a loss of stealth in ac2, and brotherhood.... i really dont think this game was a stealth game to begin with.. it was more "social stealth" blending in with groups and then assassinating your target, but stealth as in splinter cell.. no this game is no where near a stealth game..

now there are missions which are based on stealth... but this game series to me, i would not label as "stealth action"

Nick1021
11-25-2010, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Radman500:
i dont get what people are saying that there has been a loss of stealth in ac2, and brotherhood.... i really dont think this game was a stealth game to begin with.. it was more "social stealth" blending in with groups and then assassinating your target, but stealth as in splinter cell.. no this game is no where near a stealth game..

now there are missions which are based on stealth... but this game series to me, i would not label as "stealth action"

It's labeled rpg actually =P

acbigfan
11-25-2010, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Radman500:

The game is called a stealth action game. so STEALTH is implied in the definition of the game. and the fact that ur saying social stealth still means STEALTH. When ppl say that ac2 and acb aren't stealthy they most likely are refering to ac1 was more stealthy and allowed u two plan out ur attack before u killed ur target. and ac2 and acb ur not allowed to do that really.

Ultimate_Night
11-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Nick1021:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Radman500:

It's labeled rpg actually =P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Aside from some basic stuff involving the brotherhood, this has NO RPG elements in it. How did you get the idea that it WAS an RPG? RPGs are games such as Final Fantasy, Fallout, and TES.

cavemanIWHAP
11-26-2010, 05:23 PM
doesnt it say in the creed that assassins are to blend and be one with the crowd or something? no it's not like splinter cell but there are still a lot of times you have to be stealthy and undetected especially if you want full sync. I personally like the mix of stealth and fighting, thats what makes AC what it is. if you want full on stealth play splinter cell.

EdgeX4
11-26-2010, 05:27 PM
I thought it was just labeled actionn adventure....-_- Anyway the last one incorporated some sort of stealth if you wanted to get full synch http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif So for those that say it's not stealthy enough do the full synch for most of the missions

Redfeather1975
11-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Social stealth is still stealth.

It is just in the first one I remember having to be more stealthy. Altair couldn't kill an armada of soldiers with his bare hands as effortlessly as Ezio can.

DoomKnight10
11-26-2010, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Redfeather1975:
Social stealth is still stealth.

It is just in the first one I remember having to be more stealthy. Altair couldn't kill an armada of soldiers with his bare hands as effortlessly as Ezio can.

Well, there was that one mission on the battlefield where all the enemies were really weak. It was fun steamrolling them.

Wind91
11-26-2010, 06:22 PM
The Creed makes the Assassins operate in plain sight, this isn't a ninja game or a black ops special squad game. it's about being an assassin in plain sight. So no, AC is not a "stealth" game, it does a spin on it. There were plenty of missions where you couldnt get detected, extremely challenging in some cases if i may say.

didn't ubi say that ezio is stronger than Altair? But we never see Altair in his prime. Although i think that ACB had the best combat experience by far, right balance of offense and defense based on your preference (i personally like doing counters and execution streaks)