PDA

View Full Version : Announcing Inflight Music and Randomizer (IMR)

JRJacobs
03-06-2007, 08:16 AM
Download at M4T http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&c=570

Inflight Music and Randomizer (IMR) allows you to randomize play order of music; and to change music to various nationalities without the need to leave the mission.

IMR setup comes with USA WW2 music, additional nationality expansion packs are available.

IMR will randomly rename music in all folders in \Samples\Music starting with inflight. This means if you want to add another folder for music, that as long as it's named starting with inflight it will be randomized too.

Thanks to BillFish for her chatter-back bandaid the basis of IMR
The VBS script was contributed anonymously

ddpairborne59
03-06-2007, 01:50 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gifThank you kind sir,I shall give it a go.

JRJacobs
03-07-2007, 04:24 PM
comments anyone?

Chris0382
03-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Does this applet facilitate us adding our own music. Thats what Im looking for as the procedure is a bit intricate.

Thanks for the hard work though

JRJacobs
03-07-2007, 06:49 PM
not really - it facilitates listening to your own.

here's the easiest way to add your own music
you need to start with an mp3

do a search for CDEX on the web... it's free
open CDEX and click convert and select add RIFF-WAV header to Mp2 or MP3 file.

navigate to your mp3 (or better yet a copy of it)
select convert, and when done place that converted file into one of the IMR folders. (i recommend you add 3 numbers to the front of the name so the randomizer can uhm randomize it better.

following the instructions with IMR will let you play it

Chris0382
03-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Thanks

Thats a much easier method than previously described.

blairgowrie
03-08-2007, 05:33 AM
Same procedure for playing inflight for coops? I have lots of Glenn Miller tracks I would like to play on long flights.

FoolTrottel
03-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Same procedure for playing inflight for coops?
If Inflight music does in fact play during coops, then yes.
(I wouldn't know, as I do not use any Inflight Music... I just listen to engine sounds http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif)

JRJacobs
03-08-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by blairgowrie:
Same procedure for playing inflight for coops? I have lots of Glenn Miller tracks I would like to play on long flights.

Yes inflight plays when you're in flight - whether its Offline, Dogfight, or Co-ops

enjoy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Huxley_S
03-08-2007, 11:50 AM
While I don't usually listen to music while flying, I'm interested in whether the techniques you've used in your Randomizer could be used to make a specific audio file play during an intro movie in a static campaign.

Chris0382
03-08-2007, 08:10 PM
I know you know someones going to ask this.

Any plans to have it randomize between missions as it does between whole game starts at this time.

By the way

Thanks for the hard work and guidance in getting the music going.

You may also like to add in the readme that changes to the desktop shortcut will have to be made if not using default folders although it should be a no-brainer

JRJacobs
03-08-2007, 09:16 PM
Huxley_S
i don't know but i don't think you could make a vbs call. i could be wrong. you might run into the same issue as chris0382 in that changes won't be found until exiting the game.

Chris0382
can't be done...
il2 scans the file names on startup and any changes won't be found until exiting the game.
now if you're flying HL, where the game shuts down between missions, it would work

Chris0382
03-09-2007, 06:16 AM
Chris0382
can't be done...
il2 scans the file names on startup and any changes won't be found until exiting the game.
now if you're flying HL, where the game shuts down between missions, it would work[/QUOTE]

A way around this may be to create multiple directories with the same music (list the directories in the RCU) and make sure the music is numbered differently in each directory and just switch directories using the console and the uparrow.

Example

Inflightcu1
Inflightcu2 etc

have your program switch directories when a mission is restarted or new mission?

JRJacobs
03-09-2007, 10:55 AM
As the ******ss brothers on TV say - Brilliant.

Yes that would work... you would have to create a new entry in your RCU file that follows the format, and a corresponding CMD file (which is really a BAT file with a CMD extension)

Chris0382
03-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Well Jacob. Looks like its working well. I made 5 custom directories so far and Ill let the program re-shuffle them.

The only problem I had was that Queens song "Keep Yourself Alive" came on just as my squadron headed back to the carrier and I was stuck alone with 3 zeros. I had to bail out to be true to song. But on the brighter side, in another mission The Stones "Play With Fire" came on just as a Zero damaged my windshield giving me the determination for revenge.

But suddenly a another Zero got on my six and:

I fell in to a burning ring of fire
I went down, down, down
and the flames went higher.
And it burns, burns, burns
the ring of fire
the ring of fire.

But I like the song so it didn't matter as much.

Ive got some flying to do

Once again guy, thanks for the hard work in programing and that goes for all those also who make these applets to make the game more enjoyable.

grifter2u
03-10-2007, 04:02 AM
is it possible to add a feature so you can set a music channel for the whole flight to listen to ?

or even all the members of a multi crewed aircraft ?

JRJacobs
03-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Music information is not sent via the Internet, it is only done on the local computer.

The only way to do something like this is to place the same music with the same names into the Inflight folder, then once in the air everyone would hear the same - sorta as each would start as soon as they were airborne, so it would only be in sync if there was an airstart.

if you did that you'd have.... Inflight music... not IMR

JRJacobs
01-03-2009, 11:50 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

Metatron_123
01-05-2009, 02:39 PM
I'd like to say that this is a must have add on for Il-2, I don't know how often pilots would listen to music while in the cockpit, but regardlesss this really adds to the atmosphere of the era. It makes the whole experience a lot more enjoyable. Also at low volumes it's not at all distracting, and is actually a great 'morale boost' so to speak while dogfighting.

Thanks!