PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding affect

Torro747
10-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Yes I do understand how it works in theory but there is just one problem I have with the concept. Even if Desmond learned how to use these skills through Ezio, it doesnt necessarily mean his body can do it. Desmond was a bartender when we find him in AC1, there is no way he would physically have the skills to put what he has learned into action. Let me give u a good example. I play college football and im a 5'10 200lb SS. In theory when going against a 6'4 330lb offensive lineman we have techniques that we know and practice. However, no matter how much we practice these techniques, when it comes down to those rare situations when we have to face these monsters, it doesnt quite turn out the way we practice it. Physically we're too light, short, and weak compared to our slow lumbering brotherin. Our bodies arnt capable taking them on head up just like Desmonds body shouldnt be capable of swinging and jumping like a trained assassin.

McAwesomeSauce
10-11-2010, 10:43 AM
I am not sure if it has anything to do with it, but did you notice that in AC 2, Desmond has the same scar as Ezio, but he didn't have that scar in AC 1? Maybe, your body will start adapting to the ancestor by the bleeding effect.

Pure guessing here. ^^

SteelCity999
10-11-2010, 10:44 AM
To my knowledge, most of us cannot perform a "leap of faith" either, but it makes the game fun and interesting nonetheless. The entire genetic coding is just an interesting idea to begin with.

Pattington_Bear
10-11-2010, 10:51 AM
when you think this "a wizard did it". http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

seriously a number of factors come into this, remember Desmond was originally part of the order, but left and was then captured.

FrankieSatt
10-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Since this is just a game, nothing really needs to be explained fully.

However, if the bleeding affect lets you learn skills it also seems to reason that is also gives you athletic ability to perform those moves.

Take your example of you being 5'10 200 lbs against a 6'4 330 lbs. You have the athletic ability, or should, to keep your distance. Given that you could attack and evade, attack and evade. There is no reason to get in close, which is what his strenght his.

To take it to a football example, you don't even need to engage, you can use your athleticism and skills to evade the lineman and continue on to the QB, or RB in the backfield.

If you use your skills and your athleticism than you should be able to take on anyone, no matter what their size.

itsamea-mario
10-11-2010, 11:22 AM
You never know, desmond could be very athletic anyway.
also it's been proven that propper meditation can have an affect on muscle growth.
and since the animus induces an extremely deep form of meditationj, it may be able to give him the muscles he needs.

CRUDFACE
10-11-2010, 12:09 PM
I totally agree with you. The only thing that makes sense is that Desmond recieved the body for it while with his parents and kept his body up the whole time he was away, but held no real skill when compared to Ezio. That, and maybe the bleeding effect teaches the muscles to move as Ezio's muscles did.

Abeonis
10-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
You never know, desmond could be very athletic anyway.

his is mostly correct. As we know, Desmond was born into the Order, and is a direct descendant of a long line of Assassins... as such, t can be argued that his family line have a natural affinty for the skills required ot be an assassin; be it genetic (like the BE) or nutured (like an athlete), Desmond most definately has an affinity for the skills required of an assassin.

itsamea-mario
10-11-2010, 03:00 PM
i know, ezio could do most of his acrobatic and atheletic abilities by the time he was 17, so i reckon, they are slightly genetically supiorior, remember they have a bit of TWCB gene in them, but it may be more diluted by the time of desmond.

Abeonis
10-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by McAwesomeSauce:
I am not sure if it has anything to do with it, but did you notice that in AC 2, Desmond has the same scar as Ezio, but he didn't have that scar in AC 1?

Yes, he did.

GarethNelson
10-12-2010, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
also it's been proven that propper meditation can have an affect on muscle growth.

Source? I can see how it could impact on stress (which lowers muscle growth), but can't see how it'd induce extra muscle growth.
Personally i've been meditating for years but i'm still a skinny fool who only builds up muscle mass easily by a large intake of protein and creatine (i.e physical stuff).

and since the animus induces an extremely deep form of meditationj, it may be able to give him the muscles he needs.
The animus likely just hijacks sensory input, not really meditation is it?

itsamea-mario
10-12-2010, 02:44 AM
since muscle growth is controlled by our body, hormones sent out by our brains, conrollong the release of proteins and steriods, it is perfectly possible for muscle tissue to be formed only using the mind, but we just aren't good enough to do it that way, hence we do excersise, to stimulate this, or eat lots of protein (which still requires excersise might i add) or in some cases just take steriods.

i think the animus is more than just sensory, it is as if you are living as that person, thats quite an intense mental state, i think capable of atleast achieving a little muscle growth.

GarethNelson
10-12-2010, 03:55 AM
It's not possible for the brain to provoke additional muscle growth, but it is possible for the brain to slow down muscle growth - hence my reference to stress.

You will generally find it easier to gain muscle mass if you're not under a lot of emotional stress but are under physical stress. Physical stress (as in exertion) will cause muscle growth.

itsamea-mario
10-12-2010, 09:06 AM
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8342/gifbinmushroomcloud.gif
thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
also i think desmond should probably be able to speak italian by now.

GarethNelson
10-12-2010, 10:02 AM
Where the hell did you study biology?

The nucleus receives instructions from the brain? No, the nucleus sends out instructions in the form of mRNA to the rest of the cell and controls protein synthesis. Occasionally hormones can modulate this activity, or in the case of neurons then neurotransmitters can cause extra dendrite growth ("neurons that fire together wire together" as the saying goes).

But no, the brain does not control the nucleus of every cell in the body and send it instructions.

Muscle cells respond directly to exertion - the brain does not need to be involved. You can test this for yourself by culturing muscle cells and stimulating them electrically with no brain and no hormones involved. As they undergo more strain, they divide more often - the brain does not instruct them to do this, as after all there is no brain in a petri dish!

Mitosis is not activated by the brain at all, even though the brain can slightly modulate this activity.

Certain hormones (testostrone for example) can cause extra muscle growth, but it's massively inaccurate to say that the brain signals individual cell nuclei.

At the most, meditation can relieve stress and thus help you build up muscle mass that would otherwise not be built up due to excess stress.

If you disagree of course, i'd like to see your sources. Peer-reviewed scientific papers or even wikipedia (without your edits) would suffice.

itsamea-mario
10-12-2010, 10:16 AM
well, i still stand by that the animus could cause some muscle growth.

SteelCity999
10-12-2010, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by GarethNelson:
Where the hell did you study biology?

The nucleus receives instructions from the brain? No, the nucleus sends out instructions in the form of mRNA to the rest of the cell and controls protein synthesis. Occasionally hormones can modulate this activity, or in the case of neurons then neurotransmitters can cause extra dendrite growth ("neurons that fire together wire together" as the saying goes).

But no, the brain does not control the nucleus of every cell in the body and send it instructions.

Muscle cells respond directly to exertion - the brain does not need to be involved. You can test this for yourself by culturing muscle cells and stimulating them electrically with no brain and no hormones involved. As they undergo more strain, they divide more often - the brain does not instruct them to do this, as after all there is no brain in a petri dish!

Mitosis is not activated by the brain at all, even though the brain can slightly modulate this activity.

Certain hormones (testostrone for example) can cause extra muscle growth, but it's massively inaccurate to say that the brain signals individual cell nuclei.

At the most, meditation can relieve stress and thus help you build up muscle mass that would otherwise not be built up due to excess stress.

If you disagree of course, i'd like to see your sources. Peer-reviewed scientific papers or even wikipedia (without your edits) would suffice.

Well....I guess we could believe that what Dan Brown says in The Lost Symbol about Noetic Science....the brain has the power to cause actions (killing cancer cells or making muscle?)..

In some strange way, I think he was trying to say that The Force in Star Wars is possible? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif ....yes, I know it's a fiction book but he claims the things represented in the book are real.

What was my point? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

itsamea-mario
10-12-2010, 10:36 AM
thats called the placebo effect if i'm not mistaken, and has measurable results.

GarethNelson
10-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Dan Brown also claims that antimatter can realistically be used as a weapon.

It can...... if you have an equal amount of antimatter to the amount of normal matter you're wanting to wipe out. Not that tiny amount we see in angels and demons.

itsamea-mario
10-12-2010, 10:53 AM
I still think that since the animus makes your body feel like it is doing those things, it will have a positive affect on muscle.

GarethNelson
10-12-2010, 11:27 AM
Or we can just say that Desmond is already reasonably fit and has the genetic advantage. That would actually make much more sense.

itsamea-mario
10-12-2010, 11:31 AM
the things that he picks up from ezio require more than the average atheltisism, they do require some level of specific muscle training.
but yeah, he is probably genetically supiorior anyway.

now explain eagle vision.

GarethNelson
10-13-2010, 12:30 AM
eagle vision: obviously a genetic gift, but beyond that how it actually works is best left up to "it's a game"

NimbleWalrusX
10-13-2010, 09:28 AM
This game, when you really think about it, is a sci fi game. Learning physical maneuvers via mental stimulation is certainly allowed.

itsamea-mario
10-13-2010, 09:54 AM
well, gareth. how about: the animus doesn't just hijack the brain, but unlocks the memories in the DNA of every cell of the body, so the muscle cells think they're being exerted, so increase.
it certainly affects the nerv cells, since looking at the AC model the receptors seem to be located along the spine.

the eagle vision question, i didn't mean how does it work, i meant why has desmond lost it, though i reckon that is that the gene has become recessive or something, and using it again made it dominant maybe? i dunno.