PDA

View Full Version : Moving Torps on surface doesnt prevent submerge

TeAcH
04-24-2005, 07:47 PM
I was wondering if there were consequences for during the moving of a torp from an external stowage such as the inability to submerge, a much delayed submerging, or the loss of the torp itself if you got jumped and needed to crash dive.

In the game as we know, there arent any consequences but should there be? Just askin'

TeAcH
04-24-2005, 07:47 PM
I was wondering if there were consequences for during the moving of a torp from an external stowage such as the inability to submerge, a much delayed submerging, or the loss of the torp itself if you got jumped and needed to crash dive.

In the game as we know, there arent any consequences but should there be? Just askin'

MouseNo47
04-24-2005, 07:57 PM
Well the only bad things that happen if you dive whilst transferring the torpedo is the fact that you lose the time already spent transferring it.

TeAcH
04-24-2005, 08:42 PM
True. Just wondering what would happen "realisticallly"? And could we mod that into the game?

reumatiib
04-24-2005, 10:15 PM
the worst thing is I suppose that oyu can open the big hatches to get the torps in during a storm, but you can't man the guns for fear you will get wet.

Franzen
04-24-2005, 10:17 PM
Well, I don't imagine any one would start to move the external torpedeos inside if they can hear the propellers of unidentified ships. I guess the only real threat would be aircraft or another sub waiting in ambush. I think if aircraft did appear on the scene they would have to sacrifice the torpedos.

Just a guess of course.

Fritz Franzen

TeAcH
04-24-2005, 10:28 PM
Well yeah. Thats what I'm thinking. You start a transfer which as we all know takes time and get jumped by aircraft. In the past, I've fired at a convoy then submerged to scoot away, then chase it down and shadow it while I move torps into the interior reserves to get loaded. Sometimes I get too close and have to dive.

Seems like you should be prevented from diving or lose the torp, neither of which are modeled in this game.

Franzen
04-25-2005, 04:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TeAcH:
Seems like you should be prevented from diving or lose the torp, neither of which are modeled in this game. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or even a few slow moving crew members? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Actually the next time I have to crash dive I'll send the radio operator out to the bow. Mr."unable to contact supply ship" with become a depth indicator. 20 minutes after he stops indicating means I'm deep enough. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

I saw aerial photos of U-995 being attacked by a bomber. It seemed the sea was calm. I can't say what the sky looked like. The boat was turning in avoidance of the depth charges. I wonder if they were in the process of loading externals.

Fritz Franzen

Dominicrigg
04-25-2005, 05:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TeAcH:
Well yeah. Thats what I'm thinking. You start a transfer which as we all know takes time and get jumped by aircraft. In the past, I've fired at a convoy then submerged to scoot away, then chase it down and shadow it while I move torps into the interior reserves to get loaded. Sometimes I get too close and have to dive.

Seems like you should be prevented from diving or lose the torp, neither of which are modeled in this game. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We had a convo about this earlier and found that it even needed a mini crane/hoist system.

The sea would have to be calm and the boat stationary. Also if you dived you would lose the torps, and it would take ages to dive because the equipment and crew would have to get in (unless you just dumped it overboard)

We couldnt find any battle accounts of torpedo changes but a picture was posted. What i do when im playing is only change torps at 6m/s wind or less, and i stay stationary for the whole time. Its actually fun, because you have to get close to the coast sometimes to get calm seas (in one account i read they found a cove to change torpedoes) though it can be a bit annoying when you have 2 torps and cant fire caus they are on deck http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I think the reason they did not implement it is because most players would just find it annoying, but i think they should apply it as part of the realistic loading setting, or a seperate difficulty setting.

TeAcH
04-26-2005, 09:35 PM
Agreed. making it part of the realistic mode would be appreciated.