PDA

View Full Version : Good or Bad? Entire Series Has Been One Long Animus Session?

FuseUnison
09-04-2011, 07:07 AM
So what does everyone think? Even the modern day parts, Desmond would actually still have been in the Animus. Ahhh, you sneaky, sneaky, Abstergo, lol.

In your opinion, would it suck to wrap things up like that, or does anyone think it would be awesome? I'm going with "SUCK". =)

ChaosxNetwork
09-04-2011, 07:09 AM
Not even possible.

LightRey
09-04-2011, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by xHITx_Chaos:
Not even possible.
Indeed. Not to mention it would be really lame. This isn't inception or the matrix.

dxsxhxcx
09-04-2011, 07:29 AM
Not even possible.

why not?

I'm not saying I would like if this was the case, I just want to know why this isn't possible... :P

FuseUnison
09-04-2011, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xHITx_Chaos:
Not even possible.

why not?

I'm not saying I would like if this was the case, I just want to know why this isn't possible... :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here. It would be lame, but how is it not possible?

ProletariatPleb
09-04-2011, 07:46 AM
^^ Not possible because......because Desmond doesn't have synchronization bars >_>

That was just a joke, but could be another reason to take into account...

LightRey
09-04-2011, 08:09 AM
Well, technically it's possible, but highly unlikely. Not just because it would be a bad move on Ubisoft's part, but mostly because it would completely mess up the story. It wouldn't make sense unless it was something they would do after Desmond's story was finished and they still wanted to continue on with the franchise.

FuseUnison
09-04-2011, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
Well, technically it's possible, but highly unlikely. Not just because it would be a bad move on Ubisoft's part, but mostly because it would completely mess up the story. It wouldn't make sense unless it was something they would do after Desmond's story was finished and they still wanted to continue on with the franchise.

Agreed. I would feel extremely betrayed if Ubi suddenly said, "Hey, you know all of those answers you were wanting....well we just rendered the questions moot".

Just thought it would be an interesting subject to discuss. Implications and what not. How it would affect things like character alliances, Desmond's reaction to learning that kind of information, examining the phrase "Nothing is true..", etc, etc. =)

ChaosxNetwork
09-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Not possible because it is said that Desmond will need to save the world in 2021, FUTURE TENSE. Developers keep saying when referring to the Desmond gameplay "In the Present". Also he doesn't have kids to view his memories, and of course he can't view his own.

reini03
09-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Not possible because it is said that Desmond will need to save the world in 2021

I hope that was a typo and you meant to write 2012 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Anyway, wouldn't Desmond get insane from such a long Animus session? Remember Subject 16...

FuseUnison
09-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Yes, but hypothetically if the entire series has been "in Animus", then none of the information we've been given(subject 16, all the stuff with Minerva and the other old ones, Desmond's destiny, etc.), none of that would matter because none of it would have been real. And about Desmond not being able to relive his own memories. Not all Animus experience is memory based. The loading rooms, the training courses, etc. The Animus can manifest an artificial reality for it's user.

It would've all just been an elaborate ploy by Abstergo, to keep Desmond cooperating for such a lengthy period of time. It's these implications that would make it such a cop-out ending.

reini03
09-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by FuseUnison:
Yes, but hypothetically if the entire series has been "in Animus", then none of the information we've been given(subject 16, all the stuff with Minerva and the other old ones, Desmond's destiny, etc.), none of that would matter because none of it would have been real. And about Desmond not being able to relive his own memories. Not all Animus experience is memory based. The loading rooms, the training courses, etc. The Animus can manifest an artificial reality for it's user.

It would've all just been an elaborate ploy by Abstergo, to keep Desmond cooperating for such a lengthy period of time. It's these implications that would make it such a cop-out ending.
It would sure as hell have been real. The animus only lets you relive the memories of your ancestors and yourself.

dxsxhxcx
09-04-2011, 12:03 PM

how those information wouldn't be real if they happened in the "past" (Desmond's past if this is case)?!

We don't know what this person who may be using the animus to see Desmond's memories is looking for, and the same way Desmond wasn't able to see his ancestor's memories from where he wanted, this person seeing his (Desmond) memories may be having the same problem...

and if I'm not wrong, we'll be seeing some Desmond's memories (as him) in ACR, so Desmond seeing his own memories seems to be possible...

FuseUnison
09-04-2011, 12:07 PM
It would sure as hell have been real. The animus only lets you relive the memories of your ancestors and yourself.

What I'm saying is that I think the Animus is capable of generating a reality for the user that is in no way memory based(genetic or personal).

This is a memory? -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjL8sDM32n8

LightRey
09-04-2011, 12:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It would sure as hell have been real. The animus only lets you relive the memories of your ancestors and yourself.

What I'm saying is that I think the Animus is capable of generating a reality for the user that is in no way memory based(genetic or personal).

This is a memory? -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjL8sDM32n8 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It can generate things that aren't memories, yes. However, most of the things experienced in the animus actually happened (in the AC universe), since that's what the Animus was built for in the first place.

FuseUnison
09-04-2011, 12:34 PM
It can generate things that aren't memories, yes. However, most of the things experienced in the animus actually happened (in the AC universe), since that's what the Animus was built for in the first place.

Indeed, and since the Animus can generate non-memory realities, this allows the possibility that the in-game "modern day" segments are in fact actually generated by Abstergo to placate Desmond. =/

Samuel032593
09-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Wow, I'm the only one that voted good lol I think it could be interesting, not that I would absolutely love it or anything. I just think it could be interesting to see how things would turn out afterward. Like maybe having future Assassins scoping out history in the eyes of a past Assassin seeing how they won the war or something like that. Could have possibilities, but the same effect could be gathered by showing that everything ended well so really it wouldn't matter that much. Still...interesting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

LightRey
09-04-2011, 01:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It can generate things that aren't memories, yes. However, most of the things experienced in the animus actually happened (in the AC universe), since that's what the Animus was built for in the first place.

Indeed, and since the Animus can generate non-memory realities, this allows the possibility that the in-game "modern day" segments are in fact actually generated by Abstergo to placate Desmond. =/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not really. There's no reason for Abstergo to do so.

CRUDFACE
09-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuseUnison:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It can generate things that aren't memories, yes. However, most of the things experienced in the animus actually happened (in the AC universe), since that's what the Animus was built for in the first place.

Indeed, and since the Animus can generate non-memory realities, this allows the possibility that the in-game "modern day" segments are in fact actually generated by Abstergo to placate Desmond. =/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not really. There's no reason for Abstergo to do so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vidic said in AC1 that if they wanted to, they'd just put him into a coma and take the info they wanted. Also, what would be the point of them doing this to him?

FuseUnison
09-04-2011, 01:56 PM
There's no reason for Abstergo to do so.

From AC1:

Desmond: I am not going back in there!

Vidic: Then we'll induce a coma and continue our work. When we're done, you'll be left to die. Truth be told, the only reason you're still conscious is because this approach saves us time.

LightRey
09-04-2011, 02:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There's no reason for Abstergo to do so.

From AC1:

Desmond: I am not going back in there!

Vidic: Then we'll induce a coma and continue our work. When we're done, you'll be left to die. Truth be told, the only reason you're still conscious is because this approach saves us time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They already wanted him dead at the end of AC1.

sassinscreed
09-04-2011, 02:48 PM
So what does everyone think? Even the modern day parts, Desmond would actually still have been in the Animus. Ahhh, you sneaky, sneaky, Abstergo, lol.

In your opinion, would it suck to wrap things up like that, or does anyone think it would be awesome? I'm going with "SUCK". =)

if you mean that like desmonds son is going through desmonds memories whole time it would be huge disappointment

naran6142
09-04-2011, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by sassinscreed:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuseUnison:

if you mean that like desmonds son is going through desmonds memories whole time it would be huge disappointment </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it might not be, it all depends on how its done

in the meeting with 16 he mentions something about "your son". in the subtitles its spelled s o n

so we might see something like this. it might just be a way of continuing the story after desmonds story

Stowdace
09-04-2011, 05:49 PM
Yo dawg, I heard you liked the Animus so we put an Animus in your Animus so you can relive your ancestor's memories as they enter their ancestor's memories.

Animuses
09-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:
it might not be, it all depends on how its done

in the meeting with 16 he mentions something about "your son". in the subtitles its spelled s o n

so we might see something like this. it might just be a way of continuing the story after desmonds story
16 also went insane due to the bleeding effect.
The "Desmond's son" theory is garbage, don't act as if it could work.

RzaRecta357
09-04-2011, 08:09 PM
There dude is an A.I construct that can see anything that's gone into the animus.

He can't read Desmonds future.

CRUDFACE
09-05-2011, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Stowdace:
Yo dawg, I heard you liked the Animus so we put an Animus in your Animus so you can relive your ancestor's memories as they enter their ancestor's memories.

Who in turn accessed the memories of your other ancestor even though they're not related which will result in all your memories hitting a crossroad of sorts...you dig me?