PDA

View Full Version : He 111 Cockpit gauges

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 10:24 AM
I've just recently started flying the He 111 (thought it was about time!). I've noticed there are a couple of gauges that seem to work but I have no idea what they are. The most puzzling one is a little green dot directly above the control column. Anyone know what this is or how it works? I suspect it is some sort of direction finding system but I'm not sure.

There is also a gauge to the left of it which is unidentified. Please help!

"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 10:24 AM
I've just recently started flying the He 111 (thought it was about time!). I've noticed there are a couple of gauges that seem to work but I have no idea what they are. The most puzzling one is a little green dot directly above the control column. Anyone know what this is or how it works? I suspect it is some sort of direction finding system but I'm not sure.

There is also a gauge to the left of it which is unidentified. Please help!

"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 11:16 AM
The little green dot works somewhat like an ILS... in other words, if you're near a runway, the dot'll start dancing, forming a line to tell you which heading the runway is on. Go to www.mudmovers.com (http://www.mudmovers.com). Somewhere on that site is a link to an He-111 website that explains most if not all of the Heinkel's instruments. I think it was called he111.com or something similar.

SSgt Tim Schuster
8MXS Inspection Section
Kunsan AB, Korea

-Defend the Forums!
-Accept Follow-on Patches and stuff!
-Take the Fight Online!