PDA

View Full Version : ASSASSINS CREED HORDE MODE! (co-op 2-4 players!)

Wise_M4n
07-21-2011, 03:15 AM
an endless horde mode till the death of all players would be awesome!
Back to back Assassin action!

itsamea-mario
07-21-2011, 04:18 AM
YEAH and perhaps they can completely destroy everything the series has ever stood for whilst they're at it...

Such a terrible idea deserves sarcasm and hatred.

VRTX97
07-21-2011, 05:26 PM
Yeah! And make the hidden gun to shoot lasers and blow enemies away! Or even better, add some perk machines, it would be sooo original!

/sarcasm

LightRey
07-21-2011, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Pex3650:
Yeah! And make the hidden gun to shoot lasers and blow enemies away! Or even better, add some perk machines, it would be sooo original!

/sarcasm
that's what your mom said.
sry, couldn't resist.

Randy 355
07-21-2011, 07:08 PM
How is this a bad idea? I mean the multiplayer is not necessary, but an endless amount of guards to fight would be a fun thing! I mean really, how could this make the game any worse? I doubt it would take up too much development time.

It's a lot like the Virtual Training. Just with an endless guard mode and multiplayer.

But no. Please, excuse the forumite for having a fun idea.

LightRey
07-21-2011, 07:13 PM
It's a fine idea. Stop being such stupid *******s and respect other people's ideas.
He's right. It's really just like Virtual Training, but more fun.

xCr0wnedNorris
07-21-2011, 07:34 PM
It wouldn't hurt if they did put something like this in the game, it'd give the action-craving nuts (like me), something to do other than spamming kill streaks in virtual training. And hey, here's something I bet you didn't know. If you don't want to play it, you don't have to freakin' play it. They're side games people, not something you have to do to complete the game.

VRTX97
07-21-2011, 08:58 PM
Ok.. Sorry. Anyways, they would have to make AI waaaaaaaaaay more intelligent/aggresive.

Randy 355
07-22-2011, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Pex3650:
Ok.. Sorry. Anyways, they would have to make AI waaaaaaaaaay more intelligent/aggresive.
Well, that's a general want for the game in its entirety. lol

itsamea-mario
07-22-2011, 02:47 AM
Shows the general progression of becoming less like AC though. You wouldn't have gone straight from AC1 style to this.

"Assasin action"? Assassins are supposed to kill the target. The perfect assassination of a single target should have a kill count of 1.

Turkiye96
07-22-2011, 05:59 AM
I really like the idea of you and a couple of your buddies fighting together in 1 of the mulitplayer maps against an army of assassins! :P
i never found motivation for the practice program in the animus... multiplar might just be what it needs, they should expand it so all the practice program missions are multiplayer.
i would also like to fight a online enemy with swords, 1 on 1 :P

LightRey
07-22-2011, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
Shows the general progression of becoming less like AC though. You wouldn't have gone straight from AC1 style to this.

"Assasin action"? Assassins are supposed to kill the target. The perfect assassination of a single target should have a kill count of 1.
that's merely your opinion. Many others seem to disagree.

SixKeys
07-22-2011, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:

that's merely your opinion. Many others seem to disagree. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then they may have confused "assassin" with "mercenary". I think the virtual training kill streaks are fun, but Itsamea-Mario is completely right in his description of a true assassin. It's not about being a one-man army, it's about avoiding any casualties besides your target.

LightRey
07-22-2011, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:

that's merely your opinion. Many others seem to disagree. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then they may have confused "assassin" with "mercenary". I think the virtual training kill streaks are fun, but Itsamea-Mario is completely right in his description of a true assassin. It's not about being a one-man army, it's about avoiding any casualties besides your target. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm sorry, I'm pretty sure Mario was a condottiero, a leader of mercenaries, and so was Bartolomeo.
Assassins aren't necessarily all sneaky killers. They all have their own means and styles.

SixKeys
07-22-2011, 10:26 AM
Itsamea-Mario said "the perfect assassination of a single target should have a kill count of 1". I still think this is true. The creed encourages the assassins to avoid drawing attention to themselves and from harming innocents. Their goal is to kill their target and only kill those who stand in their way when it's absolutely necessary. Single target = single casualty = perfect assassination. If you have multiple targets, for example your target and his five body guards, a slaughterfest is likely unavoidable. In those cases it helps to have allies, but it still shouldn't be an assassin's goal to become a soldier. He's more like a gun, deadly on its own, with a fixed target.

For what it's worth, I've always found the mercenaries fairly useless in the games for this reason. It doesn't make sense that Ezio would want to draw attention to himself by sending a group of highly trained soldiers to slaughter a bunch of guards who were just guarding a bank or something. If one of the mercenaries is captured and tortured to reveal information about their employer, you've broken all three tenets of the creed already.

LightRey
07-22-2011, 10:49 AM
Itsamea-Mario said "the perfect assassination of a single target should have a kill count of 1". I still think this is true. The creed encourages the assassins to avoid drawing attention to themselves and from harming innocents. Their goal is to kill their target and only kill those who stand in their way when it's absolutely necessary. Single target = single casualty = perfect assassination. If you have multiple targets, for example your target and his five body guards, a slaughterfest is likely unavoidable. In those cases it helps to have allies, but it still shouldn't be an assassin's goal to become a soldier. He's more like a gun, deadly on its own, with a fixed target.

For what it's worth, I've always found the mercenaries fairly useless in the games for this reason. It doesn't make sense that Ezio would want to draw attention to himself by sending a group of highly trained soldiers to slaughter a bunch of guards who were just guarding a bank or something. If one of the mercenaries is captured and tortured to reveal information about their employer, you've broken all three tenets of the creed already.
I'm pretty sure all three tenets have been replaced with "nothing is true, everything is permitted" by Altair. The codex seems to imply this anyways.

SixKeys
07-22-2011, 11:49 AM
Then why bother "working in the dark to serve the light"? Why not just run out into the streets screaming and waving swords every time a Templar agent sneezes? Surely there's still something left of the assassin's creed in a series still bearing that name?

Randy 355
07-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Okay, it seems everyone is still missing the point. It's not a part of the canon. It's a challenge. Something to be played for fun with friends.

They could have more multiplayer challenges too. Maybe there are 4 assassins on each corner of the map, and in the middle is a building with your target in it. If a player is detected, they lose. First to kill the target and escape unnoticed wins.

There's your stealth challenge. Doesn't mean you can't have a crazy one with fighting too. Fighting is also a valid game mechanic.

LightRey
07-22-2011, 11:59 AM
Then why bother "working in the dark to serve the light"? Why not just run out into the streets screaming and waving swords every time a Templar agent sneezes? Surely there's still something left of the assassin's creed in a series still bearing that name?
The dark represents evil deeds, the light represents good. It's a metaphor.

Black_Widow9
07-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Please post this here-
AC Revelations multiplayer idea's (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2361024388/m/4761049239)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>