PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

Orla007
02-11-2007, 03:56 AM
I am a total n00b when it comes to complex simulations.I played pacific fighters some year ago or so and then gave up because there was just too much controls and stuff.I never played a flight simulation before.But now i decided to give it another shot and i have a few questions about it:

1.There is 1 command for practicly every key on the keyboard.I want to know which commands are important,and which are not.

2.When i try to gain height and go up or just make a sharp turn, a message appears and says :stall! How can i do the turns and go up without stalling?

That would be it for now, I hope someone helps...

Orla007
02-11-2007, 03:56 AM
I am a total n00b when it comes to complex simulations.I played pacific fighters some year ago or so and then gave up because there was just too much controls and stuff.I never played a flight simulation before.But now i decided to give it another shot and i have a few questions about it:

1.There is 1 command for practicly every key on the keyboard.I want to know which commands are important,and which are not.

2.When i try to gain height and go up or just make a sharp turn, a message appears and says :stall! How can i do the turns and go up without stalling?

That would be it for now, I hope someone helps...

DKoor
02-11-2007, 04:06 AM
About controls I'm afraid I cannot help you with that one, you just need to stick with game and learn. It would take me 1-2 hours of typing this post to just begin with explanation. After the time you take to read it, tis better that you learn from game.

I'll say only extremely important stuff:
-check out flaps control
-check out "manual gear lower control" some aircraft do not have automatic gear lower control like F4F Wildcat and I-16 and you need to map the key manually
-centering the gunsight in axis planes by pressing SHIFT+F1
-removing black cap from Ki-43 and D3A gunsite by pressing CTRL+D
-switching supercharger state manually (usually over 3000m) in planes that have it
-lowering fuel mixture in planes that show two black trails when you reach certain alt
-setting up proper gun convergence, especially crucial for wing mounted weapon-equipped planes, I set mine to around 150-250m, for cannons that value may rise
-you may use bomb delay (bomb fuse delay) to ~2sec you may skip bomb things more easily on deck altitude (otherwise you'll get blown of by own bombs)

Just practice you'll get it eventually. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Many people here spent around 5 years on playing this game.

Skoshi Tiger
02-11-2007, 05:08 AM
Remember that unlike an arcade shooters, You can't be an ace on your first trip out http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif.

In real life becoming an Ace, that is 5 kills in your entire career was a big thing!

To start off, be easy on your self, consider your self in flight school and set the difficulty to easy. Hey! the Piper Tomahawk I learned to fly in is a lot easier to fly than a Spitfire or Bf109!

And remember that a lot of people have been flying fight sims for a good amount of years! Back when I first got into flight sims ( I think it was secret weapons of the LW, if you don't count the polygon flight sim on my Apple ][+ whose's name now eludes me), the games were a lot less detailed and easier to fly than the current ones.

Also PF's user manual isn't one of its strong points when you start getting into things like complex engine management. Thats where user communities and forums like this one come in their own.

Don't get discouraged! It's a very steep learning curve and even after many years you can still be learning things. I know I'm still!

ytareh
02-11-2007, 07:24 AM
Hey thats a very 'Irish' name you got there!(Dublin here!!!)
Do you have a joystick?That would be an absolute minimum starting point.(Preferably with a 'twist'handle to control rudder.Most joysticks have a load of buttons so you need hardly touch the keyboard as a noob.I strongly reccommend starting off on the easiest possible settings.If you do so you should gradually build up your skills.
Some will say to start off on difficult settings or you will never learn however if you wanted to learn to play football you wouldnt start off in a professional league team.
Its a long steep learning curve nevertheless but dont worry as my granny used say the man who made time made plenty of it...
Veterans will be horrified but do what I did...forget about clouds,take offs and landings,realistic handling,g forces etc etc and enjoy yourself shooting up unarmed (weapon loadout set up to EMPTY)enemy (or even friendly-they wont try and escape!!)bombers.....
Oh yeah some planes are very noob unfriendly .....Fw190/P51 are worst

ytareh
02-11-2007, 07:36 AM
Avoid stalls and generally being an akward noob by keeping speed up(certainly above minimum 240kmh/150mph in most planes)...The buttons on my Logitech Extreme 3d Pro (probably the easiest to buy in a mainstream high street shop-has terrible reliability reputation but I love mine-have it well over a year-and if it goes before that just return to shop for a new one!Great grip for right handers but not lefties)

My Button Positions

1,2,3 & 4 Guns,cannons,rockets,bombs.
5 Cockpit View
6 External padlock enemy air
7,8 Flaps up/down
9 External padlock friendly air
11 Toggle gunsight
12 Toggle FOV (field of view -makes things bigger or smaller looking in gunsight)
13 Smaller view

Throttle needs no explanation

Forget about online play for at least 6-12 months...
Ask questions here!Have fun.