PDA

View Full Version : Can't install Myst4 on this Mac

zogli
01-20-2005, 02:51 AM
I've already had my rant in the topic where you get to scream about some issue with Myst4. I'll be a bit more civilised here and ask the question again.

My Mac (OS10.3.7, dual 1GHz) has its knickers in a knot and won't install Myst4. The boot volume is a bit crowded so I chose to install Myst4 in another spare volume where there's plenty of space, 23GB. It seems that the installer is not accepting what I typed as the pathname to the new Myst4 folder I created in the empty volume.

I'm forced to type a pathname because the silly browse install location is crippled and will not allow me to navigate to the location I want Myst4 installed. I've never seen such a lousy file system installer/browser.

So I type what I think is the correct syntax for the pathname in the field provided. Ubisoft, you shouldn't expect Maccophiles to type using Windows language €" this is an alien way of doing things on a Mac. I typed 'drivename/foldername'.

Apparently this didn't work because the installer clearly wanted to install on the boot volume where there is not enough room and of course, the installer stopped because it wanted more space to continue the install.

The question is: What is the pathname I should have typed and with what syntax?

Crikey, ya gotta laugh! And the laugh is on Ubisoft for this awful programming failure.

zogli
01-20-2005, 02:51 AM
I've already had my rant in the topic where you get to scream about some issue with Myst4. I'll be a bit more civilised here and ask the question again.

My Mac (OS10.3.7, dual 1GHz) has its knickers in a knot and won't install Myst4. The boot volume is a bit crowded so I chose to install Myst4 in another spare volume where there's plenty of space, 23GB. It seems that the installer is not accepting what I typed as the pathname to the new Myst4 folder I created in the empty volume.

I'm forced to type a pathname because the silly browse install location is crippled and will not allow me to navigate to the location I want Myst4 installed. I've never seen such a lousy file system installer/browser.

So I type what I think is the correct syntax for the pathname in the field provided. Ubisoft, you shouldn't expect Maccophiles to type using Windows language €" this is an alien way of doing things on a Mac. I typed 'drivename/foldername'.

Apparently this didn't work because the installer clearly wanted to install on the boot volume where there is not enough room and of course, the installer stopped because it wanted more space to continue the install.

The question is: What is the pathname I should have typed and with what syntax?

Crikey, ya gotta laugh! And the laugh is on Ubisoft for this awful programming failure.