PDA

View Full Version : Mini Review of new pay for Add-on "Last Days." FYI

jamesdietz
03-09-2005, 09:47 AM
Just purchased , last weekend, on linedownload from Matrix Games the X-1 add-on to FB/PF titled "Last Days."Tho I have just scratched the surface of play, I think it is a great addition,here's why...I haven't found 3rd party mission makers on Netwings or Air Warfare have really used many of the jets available either for single missions or campaigns ( for that matter neither did Oleg...)& the Just Flight's "Battle over Europe" didn't add all that much even with the patch available. ) Also I haven't got the time ( even with UQMG) to design lots of new jet missions...Now without getting into arguments about realism factors,it is nice to at least use more of this hardware off line.Yes I know ,its a little "Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe" -ish& the missions in this download never happened ( sorry for this next statement, Wiley) but what the developer has done is a lot of fun inventive work, that open up these flights of imagination for players like me.He has added about two to three new late '45 missions for almost all aircraft of this period,but new campaigns,menu screens,skins ,& buried somewhere are some new sounds( I don't know where...)Newly released, there is a beta patch already and I found out today he will be putting out a larger download ( for free)titled ( arguably really even more of a "Secret Weapons of Luftwaffe" stand-in..) Luft '46( I wonder if he visits this computer Av art site as much as I do?)All in all a pretty good deal for the $21.75 I paid for it..Oh yes ha does have a Pacific one in the works too.

jamesdietz
03-09-2005, 09:47 AM
Just purchased , last weekend, on linedownload from Matrix Games the X-1 add-on to FB/PF titled "Last Days."Tho I have just scratched the surface of play, I think it is a great addition,here's why...I haven't found 3rd party mission makers on Netwings or Air Warfare have really used many of the jets available either for single missions or campaigns ( for that matter neither did Oleg...)& the Just Flight's "Battle over Europe" didn't add all that much even with the patch available. ) Also I haven't got the time ( even with UQMG) to design lots of new jet missions...Now without getting into arguments about realism factors,it is nice to at least use more of this hardware off line.Yes I know ,its a little "Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe" -ish& the missions in this download never happened ( sorry for this next statement, Wiley) but what the developer has done is a lot of fun inventive work, that open up these flights of imagination for players like me.He has added about two to three new late '45 missions for almost all aircraft of this period,but new campaigns,menu screens,skins ,& buried somewhere are some new sounds( I don't know where...)Newly released, there is a beta patch already and I found out today he will be putting out a larger download ( for free)titled ( arguably really even more of a "Secret Weapons of Luftwaffe" stand-in..) Luft '46( I wonder if he visits this computer Av art site as much as I do?)All in all a pretty good deal for the $21.75 I paid for it..Oh yes ha does have a Pacific one in the works too.

Bongokid
03-09-2005, 10:02 AM
Just purchased it too...for the spit campaign.

there's a lot more action all around in all missions than the default campaigns but this comes with a toll on the frame rates (i had to leave the 'perfect settings' http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif to enjoy smooth play)

i enjoyed a lot the few hours i have spent on 'the last days' since i purchased it.

Cheers,

Bongokid

jamesdietz
03-09-2005, 10:18 AM
Yes I know FPS does tend to suffer when I play complex missions ( esp with lots of AA fire- even turned down) I have learned ( discovered) a little trick that allows me to still play on a nearly "Perfect" Mode; I play at half speed.This smoths things out considerably & feels like it is at the regular rate ( for some reason...) Try it.It makes due until BoB comes out - then I'll have to buy a whole new rig!

Bongokid
03-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Thanks for th tip http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

I'll try this one ASAP.

Bongokid