PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on Next Campaign

XyZspineZyX
10-16-2003, 04:10 PM
I have played the Russian fighter and IL-2 campaigns. I prefer dogfighting, so what should my next campaign be German (I don't particularly like their cockpit targetting)?

What are the missions/planes like for the other countries such as Finland? Does anyone here have any favourites that I might also enjoy?

Thanks for the time in responding.

XyZspineZyX
10-16-2003, 04:10 PM
I have played the Russian fighter and IL-2 campaigns. I prefer dogfighting, so what should my next campaign be German (I don't particularly like their cockpit targetting)?

What are the missions/planes like for the other countries such as Finland? Does anyone here have any favourites that I might also enjoy?

Thanks for the time in responding.

XyZspineZyX
10-16-2003, 04:31 PM
I recomend flying the german campaign. Its full of dogfighting.

<font face="Courier New">

_____ | _____
_\__(o)__/_
./ \.

</font>

XyZspineZyX
10-16-2003, 06:05 PM
Might I humbly suggest my Johnny Red campaign over at Mudmovers if you like dogfighting.

Alternatively try Extreme One's yank campaigns.

Failing that the German DCGs are full of dogfights but watch your choice of plane. Some 109s aren't as nimble as you'd expect!

SNAFU

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 01:02 PM
Hello LapsedPacifist,

Last night I downloaded your campaign. Thanks, it looks quite interesting, though I didn't get any planes in the opening mission (I suck /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif ) - but did land my plane.

In the next mission, I went after a bomber and was a fair distance from it, but it's rear gunner with one shot (or so it seemed) killed me in the cockpit. Are bombers especially difficult in your missions, or was this a lucky shot on the AI's part?

Finally, in the second mission (I didn't have time to finish - will refly tonite), I deviated from the flight path to attack that bomber I mentioned above, and noticed the message that I failed the checkpoint (or something like this).

Question - do I have to strictly follow the flight path or am I free to engage in dogfights?

Again, nice campaign, I especially like your "wrap-up" page at the end of the mission, better than the original one in the game. Great job!

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 12:00 PM
The secondary target on the second mission, to protect your ship, is deliberately impossible to achieve to make the story work. If you can do it let me know because you shouldn't be able to!

Can't take credit for the end screen I,m afraid, its just the standard one for non-dynamic campaigns which is also the one from the original Il2.

The missions in Johnny Red are meant to be played as you wish. If you have it on a high difficulty setting I'd probably concentrate on completing mission objectives. If you're any good though there are certainly plenty of options for who to shoot down in most missions. Just watch getting outnumbered and call for assistance if you need it!

SNAFU

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 12:05 PM
TacticalSkirmsh wrote:
- I have played the Russian fighter and IL-2
- campaigns. I prefer dogfighting, so what should my
- next campaign be German (I don't particularly like
- their cockpit targetting)?

I take it you are pressing CTRL-F1 to centre the crosshair when targetting...?

S! Simon.
<center>

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Download the USAAF campaign folder here (http://mudmovers.com/Sims/FB/fb_essential_files.htm).

http://extremeone.4t.com/images/ex1_soon.jpg
<font color="#000000">It's my attitude not my aptitude that determines my altitude.</font></center>

Rew_
10-19-2003, 12:10 PM
Isn't it Shift+F1?

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 12:14 PM
Rew_ wrote:
- Isn't it Shift+F1?
-

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif Oops!
You're right Rew_ thanks.

S! Simon.
<center>

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Download the USAAF campaign folder here (http://mudmovers.com/Sims/FB/fb_essential_files.htm).

http://extremeone.4t.com/images/ex1_soon.jpg
<font color="#000000">It's my attitude not my aptitude that determines my altitude.</font></center>