PDA

View Full Version : X45 Saitek-CH Pro Pedal Combo Question

e2michaelb
01-17-2005, 05:15 PM
Although I can manipulate the rocker rudder control on the X45, I would like to add CH Pro pedals instead. How are the (1)connections and (2)programming handled, since these are made by two different companies? Maybe I could then program the throttle rocker to operate flaps or engine selection or whatever.

e2michaelb
01-17-2005, 05:15 PM
Although I can manipulate the rocker rudder control on the X45, I would like to add CH Pro pedals instead. How are the (1)connections and (2)programming handled, since these are made by two different companies? Maybe I could then program the throttle rocker to operate flaps or engine selection or whatever.

kiddknapp59
01-17-2005, 05:17 PM
They are both USB so they have nothing to do with each other. I use the pedals that came with my Momo racing wheel for rudder pedals.
As for the rocker, you can assign it to do anything you like. I have it programmed to zoom the view in and out so I can spot targets on the ground.

e2michaelb
01-17-2005, 05:22 PM
kidd...

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to start my product search tomorrow. since I am not particular, I will probably settle for the first USB pedals I can get my hands on.

kiddknapp59
01-17-2005, 06:44 PM
Get the CH Pro pedals with the toe brakes. I have heard good things about them. If you are in the the States I have dealt with these people and they always do me right:
http://www.fscentral.com/

e2michaelb
01-18-2005, 11:17 AM
kiddknapp59-

Thanks for the tip.

-E2M

ChicagoChad
01-18-2005, 11:40 AM
PF only has one axis to control wheel brakes, use the other toe brake for Chocks and Air Brake.

Tully__
01-18-2005, 12:00 PM
For more information on pretty much any issue generally associated with using more than one controller, click on the "Joysticks..." link under my signature picture.

nickdanger3
01-18-2005, 01:06 PM
Chad - that's a fantastic idea (chocks on brake) - will implement immediately !

e2michaelb
01-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Can anyone confirm the compatibility of CH Pro pedals with Saitek X45 joystick? I'm running Windows XP, Nvidia FX5700,P4-2.6Ghz and FB+AEP+PF (merged). I am strictly a "plug and play" person; modifying profiles, conf.ini, etc. is a real computer challenge, so I need something that will set up "real easy".

hobnail
01-18-2005, 03:22 PM
They are compatible, yes.

There are two things that you will need to do to make your new combo work in IL2/PF. This because the way that the pedals will always take the #1 ID under XP (don't bother trying to change it, you can't).

1. Re-bind the HOTAS axis in the IL2 Controls section. You'll also need to do the same for any X45 buttons that you've left as DirectX inputs (ie 8-way hats, trigger) and not assigned as keyboard inputs.

2. Copy across your axis sensitivity curves from conf.ini. This is best done after you read Tully's page as he suggested above. You simply copy the number values for the X and Y axis over to the 1X1, 1Y1. I strongly recommend making a backup of your conf.ini file before you start on this step.

Tully__
01-18-2005, 03:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by e2michaelb:
Can anyone confirm the compatibility of CH Pro pedals with Saitek X45 joystick? I'm running Windows XP, Nvidia FX5700,P4-2.6Ghz and FB+AEP+PF (merged). I am strictly a "plug and play" person; modifying profiles, conf.ini, etc. is a real computer challenge, so I need something that will set up "real easy". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Before installing the pedals, make a copy of your conf.ini. After you've installed them, make another copy. Send me a Private Message (Private Topic) with the [rts_joystick] section of both files and I'll make the edit for you. Use notepad to open the files and cut/paste the relevant sections into your posts.