PDA

View Full Version : I just can't get the hang of it!!!

cbapiaz
05-31-2011, 08:44 AM
Well i started playing like weeks ago, and i just can't get the hang of the "WANTED" type of game, well the problem is basically that i tend to lose a lot of contracts... i know that you should blend into the crowd and be sneaky and don't give yourself away by running away like crazy... but sometimes i run away like crazy because other people do the same and are getting all the killings and all the points!!!! it's just frustating some times.. cuz i try not to get noticed i aproach slowly then some other players comes along and kills my target!!! sometimes it's even a crappy kill... or roof kill... that really ****es me off.. and i just can't get the hang of the game... what should i do? run like crazy to keep other players from stoling my contracts? or keep low profile and wait for the right moment to strike?

YourInnate
05-31-2011, 08:59 AM
Watch Astlan's wanted video. Changed my outlook on wanted and I went from scoring 6k to 10k in about 2 weeks.

Kramerisgamer
05-31-2011, 09:28 AM
Watch this (http://www.youtube.com/user/Gbiese#p/u/4/ZETcvoOCMI8) tutorial. Courtesy of Escoblades.

lynx_1985
05-31-2011, 10:38 AM
When I first started playing I jumped straight into a wanted game and was completely confused with what was going on. I would just run about etc and really couldn't figure out who was after me. This made me go into a manhunt game, this I could understand more as you know who you are after like in wanted, but you also know who is hunting you. I played manhunt for a while I started getting used to the whispers and actually identifying the exact persona which was after me. Manhunt also helped me get used to the compass, however I still find it to be unreliable on occassion, the compass can fill up and you kill the closest persona you are after and it turns out your target was ten feet away.

I would strongly suggest playing manhunt first as I found it helped me a lot, yes its annoying when you get on a team and they are just running round looking for the best K/D but you will get used to how the multiplayer works. As a result I cannot stand manhunt anymore, stun locking etc, so just play wanted now as it is all down to yourself and you do not have to worry about the other team all having mics and strategically stun locking you.

Actually reading that back sounds kinda patronizing but I am just saying how I got used to the game! I am not saying I am brilliant at the game but it taught me how to use the compass and use objects to hide out of line of sight and when to stop running. I run about constantly in wanted to get to my target, if I hear whispers I stop, when I get close to my target I stop. I never use the fast walk (L1+X) as this is extremely obvious and if you choose to wait round for your target all the time you are never going to win because everybody is constantly running around after each other.

sidewinter1490
05-31-2011, 11:10 AM
It's the quality of the kill that matters, not the quantity. Let the noobs run around like headless chickens, they won't get high scores that way.

Try and keep a positive attitude, even when you get killed. I once got so mad by a girl (that's what her nickname said, but I won't say who), she was constantly doing roof-kills on me and everyone and she had 2000 points ahead of everyone else, I rage-quit and I felt like punching something.

sht4brainz
05-31-2011, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by sidewinter1490:
It's the quality of the kill that matters, not the quantity. Let the noobs run around like headless chickens, they won't get high scores that way.

I got 6k+ 3 times in ranked in the last 2 days playing like that, and all those times I never set poison to my sets. It CAN be done, but it's just more difficult.

What got me started on it was that fact that several games beforehand I would try the stealth approach and get 3800+ with only 3-4 kills and 7 or more deaths, while the leader would have 1000+ more with 8-9-10 etc. It was more frustrating in that i always had 2-3 pursuers on me when i jumped out to the lead, and when I stun one there was always the other lurking on the roof or near the first. And if i was lucky to have only one pursuer and stun him/her, i get rewarded with TWO pursuers and my target is running in the opposite direction further away. So basically I would spend the last 3 minutes of a match trying to get that one "hefty" point kill from the 2x bonus, only to keep hearing "contract lost" or whispers from 2 pursuers, and I would never get another kill. The programming for the MP is totally ridiculous.

persiateddy95
05-31-2011, 05:16 PM
Kill Streaks are the most important thing.

cptn_k
05-31-2011, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by sht4brainz:
I got 6k+ 3 times in ranked in the last 2 days playing like that, and all those times I never set poison to my sets. It CAN be done, but it's just more difficult.

What got me started on it was that fact that several games beforehand I would try the stealth approach and get 3800+ with only 3-4 kills and 7 or more deaths, while the leader would have 1000+ more with 8-9-10 etc. It was more frustrating in that i always had 2-3 pursuers on me when i jumped out to the lead, and when I stun one there was always the other lurking on the roof or near the first. And if i was lucky to have only one pursuer and stun him/her, i get rewarded with TWO pursuers and my target is running in the opposite direction further away. So basically I would spend the last 3 minutes of a match trying to get that one "hefty" point kill from the 2x bonus, only to keep hearing "contract lost" or whispers from 2 pursuers, and I would never get another kill. The programming for the MP is totally ridiculous.

The best and highest scoring players mix and match styles.
Knowing when to run/roof and when to go stealthy is much more successful than just playing one style.

The contract allocation system doesn't help though, I've been in fourth place with 3 pursures before now, and also been in first with only one or none at all.
No consistency imo, even though it was designed to make the game fairer.

Crumplecorn
05-31-2011, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by cbapiaz:
what should i do? run like crazy to keep other players from stoling my contracts? or keep low profile and wait for the right moment to strike? You'll have to do both, choosing which approach to use for each kill depending on the situation.

In general though, any time you aren't about to go for a covert kill on a target or trying to evade pursuers using stealth, you should be running. You have limited time, so you should only move below your maximum speed when there is a tangible benefit to doing so.
The big exception to this is if you are in first and are going for a defensive play, which is a good idea if you can't handle evading multiple pursuers while hunting a target.

awsmith2006
05-31-2011, 06:18 PM
I'm just gonna make up a few guidelines:

1. Don't always run directly toward your target's location. Watch where he's going and lead him off.

2. Listen for whispers, it means your pursuer(s) is(are) near.

3. Smoke bombs are great for defense and offense. You can smoke your pursue and stun him, or you can smoke your target and get bonuses (focus/hidden/arial/acrobatic/poison/ect.)

4. Variety bonuses are valuable. Mentally keep track of the bonuses you've achieved throughout the match, so you can get the best variety possible (I almost always get the Variety and Greater Variety bonuses)

5. Streak bonuses are valueable. There are many to choose from, and everyone likes to use something different. Personally, I like the 3 silent kills streak 300 pt. bonus.

6. Decide whether to hunt or hide/stun.
0 pursuers - hunt.
1 pursuer - hunt carefully.
2 pursuers - if your target is near, hunt very carefully, otherwise hide and stun your pursuers.
3 pursuers - hide and stun your pursuers. If you're lucky, your target may be hunting one of your pursuers, and you can kill him.

7. Here's a risky technique I use: There's a lose streak bonus: 5 deaths/contract losses and your next kill is 2x pts. If you're in first and you constantly have multiple pursuers, it's okay to loose contracts and get killed. When you have the lose streak 2x bonus activated, Use smoke bombs and poison and try to get a poison kill (automatic 600 pts.) Also try to get hidden, silent, and focus, to maximize your 2x score bonus.

I usually take 1st place in Wanted mode using these techniques. I hope this helps.

cbapiaz
05-31-2011, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Crumplecorn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cbapiaz:
what should i do? run like crazy to keep other players from stoling my contracts? or keep low profile and wait for the right moment to strike? You'll have to do both, choosing which approach to use for each kill depending on the situation.

In general though, any time you aren't about to go for a covert kill on a target or trying to evade pursuers using stealth, you should be running. You have limited time, so you should only move below your maximum speed when there is a tangible benefit to doing so.
The big exception to this is if you are in first and are going for a defensive play, which is a good idea if you can't handle evading multiple pursuers while hunting a target. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah... i watched your videos ands i see how you do it. i guess i need more practice http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif .. can't get rid of the "bad habits" like you say
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

papartusedmcrsk
05-31-2011, 08:24 PM
Try every play style.

People always talk about quality over quantity. This tends to be true, but some people have mastered the art of roof running. If you can take a 1000+ lead, then stay on the roofs and keep racking up 300/400 point kills, this will draw everyone else up there, dropping their average kill scores.

This is not my preferred playstyle, but when I come across someone who uses it, they usually come in first with around 3500. Sure, it is a low score, but when everyone else who is not used to roofing comes up there with you.... You get the idea.

I had a match earlier today where I came in first with 3850 and had 14 kills. I was going for the Lucky Shot challenge, and this is not how I usually play, but every playstyle can work to your advantage. If slowly roaming around in blend groups going for hidden/incognito kills isn't working for you, keep trying different things.

cbapiaz
05-31-2011, 09:22 PM
Well i just finished first on one match!! i had... it was pretty weird i played pretty bad lol... but in the end the scores sum up to me hehe :P
i'll post the video when i have it online!!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Thanks Crumplecorn and your videos and your good advices and thank you everyone for your tips!!! seems that i was able to apply some of them... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8218/asscrdbmp20110601000101.png (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of5pmrPN7SY)

( Video online just click on the image http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif )