PDA

View Full Version : Ship strength

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Last night, my unit leader and I were flying Me262s on a mission to destroty a trawler. I assume that trawlers were made of wood in those days, or at best, light sheet metal, not heavy armour. We shot the trawler up with 10 rockets from the Me262, and it continued to sail on as though nothing had happened. I'm sure we hit it because when it's Navel AA shot me down, the trawler passed me by and I could see a hole in the brow. Isn't this a tad unrealistic. Rockets would've punched through sheet metal as though it wasn't there. How many rockets does it take to destroy a simple trawler?

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Last night, my unit leader and I were flying Me262s on a mission to destroty a trawler. I assume that trawlers were made of wood in those days, or at best, light sheet metal, not heavy armour. We shot the trawler up with 10 rockets from the Me262, and it continued to sail on as though nothing had happened. I'm sure we hit it because when it's Navel AA shot me down, the trawler passed me by and I could see a hole in the brow. Isn't this a tad unrealistic. Rockets would've punched through sheet metal as though it wasn't there. How many rockets does it take to destroy a simple trawler?

XyZspineZyX
07-08-2003, 02:30 AM
They had steel hulls and frames. The entire ship was not made of wood and 1 cm thick steel. FB isn't set in 1492.

http://www.indelibleinc.com/kubrick/films/fmj/images/fmj.gif

When you get to hell, tell 'em SnowsFoot sent you

Message Edited on 07/07/0309:32PM by SnowsFoot

XyZspineZyX
07-08-2003, 02:49 AM
Yep, the difference between displacement and the actual weight of the ship was enormous, in favour of the weight that is..

And they've hired some of the best CS-teams as AA-gunners/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif