PDA

View Full Version : X52. Rotary and scroll wheel question

Rudolf_Gul
10-05-2005, 03:48 AM
The smaller "thumb" rotary on the throttle is way to hard to rotate. When hands are getting sweaty I just slip. Any others with this problem and can they be adusted.

Also the "mouse wheel" on the throttle doesnt work on mine. Seems like its not getting a signal or something. Any others with this problem? Fix?

Cheers

F16_Neo
10-05-2005, 05:08 AM
All my rotaries have some friction, but not so much that I slip on them.
My mousewheel, however, don't work quite like I expected... seems to have just 3 clicks per revolution and not evenly ditributed either.. wierd but usable. Somwhat like a 3-position-swith rather than a regular mousewheel.
Try to get it replaced, you shouldn't slip on the wheels really.
S!
/Neo

OD_79
10-05-2005, 05:11 AM
May sound a bit weird but when we're flying a competitive match I wear my flying gloves...no slippage then! Quality standard RAF issue!

OD.

DaimonSyrius
10-05-2005, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Rudolf_Gul:
Also the "mouse wheel" on the throttle doesnt work on mine. Seems like its not getting a signal or something. Any others with this problem? Fix?
The mouse wheel in mine is sort of inconsistent. Sending a command will take sometimes rolling it 1 click, sometimes 2, or more, up or down. So I don't use it much. The press-click on the same wheel works well, though, I've set WEP there. I'm not aware of any fix, but I haven't been on the quest for it. Let's report here any findings http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Taylortony
10-05-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by OD_79:
May sound a bit weird but when we're flying a competitive match I wear my flying gloves...no slippage then! Quality standard RAF issue!

OD.

yup it does lol

Tully__
10-05-2005, 06:23 PM
The mouse wheel sends a very brief momentary input and unless you've created a profile sends DX Button outputs, not mouse wheel. You'll probably need to use advanced commands/macros in a profile to get reliable performance out of it, particularly as the stock brief outputs are likely to be missed by the PC when it's very busy running a sim.

I have no problems with the rotaries on mine. They have a little resistance but not much and they turn realy smoothly.