PDA

View Full Version : A message to Ubisoft regarding AC, since I don't know where else to put this

Arishan
04-14-2010, 06:46 PM
I just wanted to let Ubisoft know what a wonderful game they've created in the Assassin's Creed universe. I read in a Wikipedia article that someone very high up in the AC division has said two things regarding Assassin's Creed:

1> Assassin's Creed was always meant to be a trilogy.

2> "We could make 35 of these things..."

If no one else has said it yet, then let me be the first to suggest #2. This is the first game I've ever bought that had a wonderful handling on the Sandbox environment and the free-run aspect. The Storyline is great, and the idea of having the stories take place in times/areas people normally don't make games in is a wonderful idea. The story is so engrossing that my wife will just sit on the couch next to me and have me play AC2 so she can watch the storyline, and she makes me pause it if she has to get up and we're near a major event.

I know that many game companies have tried things to dissuade people from purchasing used games, and to purchase new instead. The storyline alone with AC is enough to make me do that, I'm not sure of the other fans of the game, but speaking for me and my wife, we know that as soon as AC3 is announced (or anything in between AC2 and 3) we will be pre-ordering it, and as long as the local game store has one, attending the midnight release party for it. There's not many games out there that keep us entertained the way the AC games do.

BTOG46
04-14-2010, 07:13 PM
Moving this to the AC forums

Six_Gun
04-14-2010, 09:14 PM
Well obviously from the ending of AC 2, which I just finished last night, there will have to be at least one more, as they talk of places in the world yet discovered to go to. I think more than 3 would be pushing it though. If the 3rd takes about the same time to make as this one, it will be good timing for the subject matter, as we are quickly approaching that mysterious alignment period.

It fits that since the controversial alignment subject matter was at the heart of this installment's story, it would as well be the climax and end of the series. It takes a lot more than a sandbox and freerun style of play to warrant going deep into multiple installments. The story has to continue to make sense too, and ideally build toward something climactic. Stretching it beyond the 3rd would take the series into comparatively boring material.

In a game like this, it's not just the intricate, beautiful large scale maps, open style of play and freerunning that are compelling, it's the mystery and suspense of unfolding the story, and taking it to an ending that befits all the espionage and sacrifice of so many leading up to it. Part of the mystique of playing this game is how it ties into many real world events and prophecies.

The meaning to the story would all end if they took it beyond 3 installments, and it would become nothing more than a pure fictional fantasy like Prince of Persia. Judging from how vastly different this game was from the first, I expect great things from the 3rd. I am still amazed at how many more maps they made for this one and how huge and intricate the scale is. The map making was clearly the largest part of AC 2.

shimpaku
04-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Arishan and Six_Gun,

My hat off to the both of you as that has to be the most intelligent posts I've read thus far on this forum site since I've been here.....FINALLY!

And to think you both actually took the trouble to use proper grammar, spelling and punctuation which, most people, no longer think is necessary or have any grasp of. A very refreshing breath of fresh air and I personally thank you! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif