PDA

View Full Version : CH Pro Throttle or X 52

moq1
03-05-2005, 05:09 PM
This should be the last piece of the puzzle. I now have Track IR, CH Pro Pedals, Teamspeak and my trusty MS Force Feedback 2 with a brand new spare. Im looking for some opinons on the CH Pro with my MSFF2 vs the X 52 set. Thought about the X 45 just for the throttle but dont want the extra stick on my desk. I think I can get either for about a $100.

Thanks for any help
Moq

moq1
03-05-2005, 05:09 PM
This should be the last piece of the puzzle. I now have Track IR, CH Pro Pedals, Teamspeak and my trusty MS Force Feedback 2 with a brand new spare. Im looking for some opinons on the CH Pro with my MSFF2 vs the X 52 set. Thought about the X 45 just for the throttle but dont want the extra stick on my desk. I think I can get either for about a $100.

Thanks for any help
Moq

horseback
03-05-2005, 05:13 PM
CH Pro Throttle can be found for under $100 US; it's added advantage is that you can use the CH Manager software to combine the Throttle and Pedals into one controller, and use the POV hat on the Throttle for any number of cool things instead of a POV, with TrackIR.

cheers

horseback

smatchimo
03-05-2005, 05:13 PM
I would go with the ch pro throttle, as you already have a stick that you like you might as well get the higher quality throttle. I love my X45, but it just isnt built very well. Anyway, just my $.02.

kSetuni
03-05-2005, 06:12 PM
I just got my CH pro throttle and fighterstick. I already had the pro pedals. I had the x45 beforehand. Its an easy choice go with the pro throttle. as already stated you can combine them to be seen as one unit. The quality is superb, adn if your FF2 dies (hoepfulyl not for a while) you can add the fighterstick very easily. I have been very happy so far with mine. The best price I found was through securemart at $88 for the throttle.

S.M.

madsarmy
03-06-2005, 01:22 AM
Pro Throttle.

BuzZz_WG
03-06-2005, 03:02 AM
I was in the same position as you are in now. I had the TIR2, MS FFB2, pedals and wanted a HOTAS. I decided to buy the throttle and I like it very, very much. I don't want to miss it anymore, but I don't need to, because the quality is perfect.

Since then I also bought the yoke from CH, which is of the same quality and the fighterstick is on my wishlist. Go for CH products, definately.

PF_Talus
03-06-2005, 04:55 AM
Try
http://www.provantage.com/
for best price and service.

Bearcat99
03-06-2005, 07:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by moq1:

Thanks for any help
Moq <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trust me on this (Not to take away fron CH stuff... it's good from what I hear... and better than the Cougar stuff.... from what I hear....... BUT) ..... get an X-45 here (http://store.yahoo.com/saitekusa/recprod.html). For $39 you cant go wrong. I know you said you didnt want the extra stick on your desk... but if you consider using the X-45 stick strictly as a button bay you can place it on @15sq inches of real estate on your desk. I have mine on the left just above my throttle. I only use the buttons but it has sent my immersion factor and the controls available to me minus the keyboard off the charts... I use a MSFFB2 as my main flight and weps stick... with prop pitch on the MSFFB2 throttle slider... flaps on the rudder rocker of the X45..... elevator and aileron trim on the X45 wheels.... rudder trim on the twist stick of my MSFFB2...... lights,gear,map,drop tanks,attatch/detach AC,views,radiator,tailhookk,canopy,chocksmbailout, mags,supercharger,mix,K-14 sight,quick record,autopilkot....... all of it split up between the two sticks.. You have TIR..... and pedals.... Like I do..... toss in VAC and you are in immersion city for $39 and a little real estate on your desk. It is more than worth it.

My 2cents................

Chivas
03-06-2005, 09:36 PM
I wouldn't recommend the X52, the joystick you have now is a much better stick. I would get a seperate throttle to use with your stick.

marcocomparato
03-06-2005, 11:02 PM
i replaced my MS FFB2 with an X52 and frankly, i cant believe how cheap this awesome HOTAS was.

the FFB2 is hugely innaccurate and only decent in MS flight sims (if u havent tried them, the force feedback is totally delicate and rich in FS2004 or MSCFS)

but the X52 encompasses the need for diversity that todays sims requires. its got 3 modes and about a hundred buts and i havent touched my keyboard since i got the hang of the SST software.

And its german-engineered. built so much better than microsofts malaysian outsourced ****. Im keeping my FFB2 as a novelty for fun FFB flights but i also now see that there is NO WAY i could have competed in IL2 against those without FFB. its a crippler to your aim and your instincts.

theres no place for FFB in online competitive play.

ChicagoChad
03-07-2005, 09:02 AM
MSFFB2 with CH Pro throttle, no question.

TgD Thunderbolt56
03-07-2005, 12:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChicagoChad:
MSFFB2 with CH Pro throttle, no question. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto.

Bearcat99
03-07-2005, 09:41 PM
I dunno guys.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif I dont have CH but im tellin ya.... that X45 with the MSFFB2 is SWEET!! I like the fact that I have so many controls... and since I dont use the X45 stick(Well I do now... I use it as a lever for my gear... push it forward to raise them... wiggle it back and forth for manual raise/lower.. pull it towards me for tailwheel lock.) and as I said.... for $39 US you cannot beat it.

Wilburnator
03-08-2005, 02:41 PM
If all you need is a throttle, the X45 isn't a bad way to go. I love the CH stuff, I have the Fighterstick and Pro Pedals myself, but for less money than the Pro Throttle alone he can get a Saitek throttle and have a SPARE stick. The Saitek throttles are quite good, it should last some time and it has 2 ROTARIES, something glaringly absent on the CH Pro Throttle.

ExpendableT
03-08-2005, 03:49 PM
I'd go for the X52. Used the MSFF1 and FSFF2 for many years, and although I like the force feedback, there's just not enough buttons on the stick! I found that I didn't miss the force feedback. I really enjoy having all those buttons, dials, and sliders at my disposal! Now I rarely ever touch my keyboard!

Soak_
03-09-2005, 08:55 AM
MSFFB2 coupled with a CH Throttle with 69 programmable functions or a Belkin Speed Pad Nostromo N50 10 Btn Throttle DPad with 56 programmable functions. Plenty of buttons to program with and most importantly you have FFB which enhances the immersion factor.