PDA

View Full Version : Oh Yeah! :metal:

DeputyNelson
04-08-2006, 11:39 PM
Well I wasn't to excited about waiting for GoGamers.com to get their reinforcments for the IL-2 DVD set, so I did what any other internet user would do.....eBay! And of course GoGamers did have an account on eBay and I check and have around 5-10 copies of the game left for around 40 after shipping.

So I now am awaiting the delievery of the game. I've never played it before, other than the demo for PF, so I am hoping it is everything it is that I have heard. Now I just have to go to BestBuy and buy a new joystick........

Maple_Tiger
04-09-2006, 01:29 AM
Well, if you looking at buying as stick, don't buy a Logitec Extreme 3D Pro lol. My self, and others have had problems with them.

How much are you looking to spend?

slipBall
04-09-2006, 06:19 AM
You should take a few minute's to read through this

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/9501031814

there's nothing like experience from other's http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

VVaFFenPanZZeR
04-09-2006, 06:28 AM
Yeah Dude its a badass sim, the best out there in WW2 sims. If u ever need to fly a jetengine plane, buy the Lock-On series, do not, I say again, do not get sucked into the Falcon 4 **** sim. Or we lost u.

slo_1_2_3
04-09-2006, 02:12 PM
Wiat you played the demo for PF? What demo for PF there is no demo for PF.

Tully__
04-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by slo_1_2_3:
The original IL2 demo suffices and is still available somewhere on the net. Perhaps he was referring to that...

DeputyNelson
04-09-2006, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by slo_1_2_3:

I was refering to the IL-2 Demo.....sorry about the slip of the tounge.

As for a joystick, BestBuy has a good 42$ stick with I believe 12-16 extra buttons. I think for now that will be good for starting out. I'll get the information on it here in a few after I take a online test for my stupid History class.

DeputyNelson
04-09-2006, 10:23 PM
Is this Joystick decent for a starter like me? (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=5796515&type=product&productCategoryId=cat01064&id=1058188350464)

R_Target
04-10-2006, 12:07 AM
I'd avoid that Logitech stick. They die fairly quickly. Try Saitek Cyborg Evo or Thrustmaster Fox2 Pro.

VVaFFenPanZZeR
04-10-2006, 06:19 AM
Thats a fine stick, I use it. My online name is DetroitDiesel, somtimes I host a server for nublets like myself. These veterans are gonna shoot u done so much, u might wanna give up, don't give up, just keep practicing. I've been playing for about a year now, not full time, But I'm still getting the hang of it.

Tully__
04-10-2006, 07:17 AM
As R_Target advised the Logitechs have something of a reputation for poor reliability. They're nice enough sticks (when new) but tend to have pot malfunctions very early in their life. Go with the Saitek Cyborg Evo or Thrustmaster if you can.

dtk419
04-10-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm using a stick thats not made anymore, Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2, from what I've read this is suppose to be one of the best sticks available. I see that you've dealt on EBay, I suggest you try and pick something up there, new sell for around 200$US, but I've seen some go for 50$. I have one, been going strong for 2 years, worried that it may give out someday, took a few months but found a nearly new, last model made for 90$US>
Just a suggestion, enjoy the sim, don't get hooked.
Pooka

Bearcat99
04-13-2006, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by DeputyNelson:
Is this Joystick decent for a starter like me? (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=5796515&type=product&productCategoryId=cat01064&id=1058188350464)

Avoid Logitech. The Saiteks are better made. Consider spending $50-$100 for a stick. You wont regret it. Often it is a matter of the inexpensive stick two or three times... or the more expensive one once. I recommend a Saitek X-52... or an X-45 if you can find one.

http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/26-102-507-02.JPG (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826102507)
X-52

A bit more expensive... but definitely the kind of thing you can grow into. If you enjoy a challenge and a decent amount of realism.. then you will probably keep on flying this sim for a while.. so you will be better off with a stick you can grow into. Dont go cheap.... You dont have to spend the big bucks for a CH setup.... but get something that will really let you grow well into the sim.

Most of the guys who have Logitech sticks and have no complaints either
A)Have sticks that are 18 months old or less and they havent crapped out on them.... yet.
B)Dont really use them very much...... or
C)Are that rare fortunate satisfied Logitech customer (At least for joysticks).

Logitech makes great mice, keyboards, headsets, speakers, webcams etc.... even game pads... but when it comes to joysticks...... avoid them like the clap.

In any case welcome aboard. And hit the Sturmovik Essentials link in my sig..... lots of good info in there.

HitchHikerHSDWG
04-13-2006, 03:28 PM
^I will say you cant go wrong with the Saitek X-52. Its a great stick with a lot of customizing features. It also has a great feel and the stick is adjustable to fit almost any hand.

I've actually owned the Logitech Wingman X-Treme Digital and while it worked great the Saitek just blows it out of the water on feel alone. All I need is a set of rudder pedals and I'm complete!

Pig_Mac
04-13-2006, 04:02 PM
As stated earlier: avoid Logitech sticks if you want them to last more then a month.

I had quite a few in the early days of IL2. They make (some) great keyboards, gamepads and things, but their joysticks have yet to prove even useful.

I traded my MSFFB2 for a PSU with a friend, when my PSU and his joystick broke at almost the same time. I still really really regret that deal, even though I use a Cougar with TrackIR4 now.

Crash_Moses
04-13-2006, 04:25 PM
Get yerself back on e-bay and look for an old Thrustmaster TQS and F-22 throttle and joystick. You'll need to find one with Bob Church's digital chips (he doesn't make them anymore) otherwise programming will be tricky.

S!

HitchHikerHSDWG
04-14-2006, 11:42 AM
Both my Logitechs lasted for years and they both still work they're just cheap joysticks in my opinion. I wouldn't go with a cheap joystick if I'll be flying all the time. Once a week though, they'll work fine (and they are cheap).

Yes I guess I'm one of the lucky Logitech customers that doesnt experience problems. But no Logitech stick comes close to the X-52 from Saitek!