PDA

View Full Version : Compatibility Issue (AC I x Windous 7)

vhorin1991
10-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Sorry guys, but I have a problem here. I want to do some recap so I instal AC I to my computer. I finished the game on XP system 2 years ago. Now I have windous 7. I start the game first loading screen show up and it freez it it self. Any ideas how to fix this?

ace3001
10-11-2011, 06:42 PM
AC1 doesn't have any compatibility issues with Windows 7, I'm certain of that. Can you list your PC specs?
Oh, and try running from both exe files, AssassinsCreed_DX9.exe and AssassinsCreed_DX10.exe from the installed folder.

vhorin1991
10-13-2011, 07:38 AM
Already tried both options.

DX9: Crashes and I have my desktop.
DX10: Freezing thing.

My Specs has to be fine because only thing I changed was the system. And before that it was working just well.

Mr_Shade
10-13-2011, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by vhorin1991:
Already tried both options.

DX9: Crashes and I have my desktop.
DX10: Freezing thing.

My Specs has to be fine because only thing I changed was the system. And before that it was working just well. As already posted - AC1 'should' work fine on windows 7 - I myself have played it recently in both DX9 and DX10 modes - all without issue.

There may be a graphics card driver issue - you should check you have the latest non beta drivers for your PC.

If you have and still have issues, please contact Ubisoft Support via the links in my signature.

ace3001
10-13-2011, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:

There may be a graphics card driver issue - you should check you have the latest non beta drivers for your PC. In the case of NVIDIA, AC1 works nicely with 285.38 beta driver as well, btw. Installed again like two days back and no problems whatsoever.