PDA

View Full Version : Ezio's familial connection to Altair (spoilers maybe)

AltairsFinger
09-26-2011, 01:33 PM
According to one of the many revelations videos I have seen, one of the Developers has stated in an interview... I think it was on IGN I saw it, that Ezio is NOT a direct descendant of Altair. Now, I have to say I find that a tad bit odd.

We know Altair had two sons, Sef and Darim, and we know Sef married and had two daughters. Im curious then how Ezio and Altair are connected via direct family tie, if Ezio somehow is not descended from Altair who came only 200 years before Ezio did, then how does he have abilities, not to mention Eagle vision?

Kind of interested to see how Altair and Ezio are connected.

reini03
09-26-2011, 01:37 PM
Eagle Vision (Sense) simply isn't exclusive to a single bloodline. It's exclusive to TWCB/human hybrids, but not only to Altair's and Ezio's bloodlines.

naran6142
09-26-2011, 01:38 PM
its been confirmed already, and discussed to death http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

you can use the find button to find thread about this already

and welcome to the forumshttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AltairsFinger
09-26-2011, 01:41 PM
Absolutely right, but Ezio is one of Desmond's direct ancestors, as is Altair.

So based on that logic I assumed...

Altair>>>>>>>> Ezio>>>>>>>>>>>> Desmond.

But the devs are saying Ezio is not a direct descendant of Altair which is confusing me a bit in how Ezio and Altair are connected.

Jexx21
09-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
Eagle Vision (Sense) simply isn't exclusive to a single bloodline. It's exclusive to TWCB/human hybrids, but not only to Altair's and Ezio's bloodlines.

Eagle Vision actually isn't an inherited thing or a bloodline. Apparently it's just a skill. I'm guessing that the game is going the route of 'Almost everybody in the world has some TWCB DNA in them' or that at-least 1/4th of the population does, or something.

This was confirmed on the AC facebook page I think.

naran6142
09-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by AltairsFinger:
Absolutely right, but Ezio is one of Desmond's direct ancestors, as is Altair.

So based on that logic I assumed...

Altair>>>>>>>> Ezio>>>>>>>>>>>> Desmond.

But the devs are saying Ezio is not a direct descendant of Altair which is confusing me a bit in how Ezio and Altair are connected.

for example

desmonds mom is a descendant of ezio
desmonds dad is a descendant of altair

the two of they have desmond who is now a descendant of ezio and altair

Blind2Society
09-26-2011, 01:54 PM
I seriously can't believe there is another thread about this http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

AltairsFinger
09-26-2011, 01:55 PM
I just found the thread... duh on my part!

So Ezio is an ancestor of Desmond's mother or father, and Altair is an ancestor of Desmond's mother or father. Im not surprised I got it wrong, because I get confused at my own family tree!

So the Eagle vision is a trait all TWCB/human hybrids have. Which would mean most assassins are probably hybrids due to their quicker reflexes, greater strength etc...

AltairsFinger
09-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
I seriously can't believe there is another thread about this http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

I seriously can't believe my first post attracted a "forum policeman!"

Woo! "noob" on a mission.. thats me! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Jexx21
09-26-2011, 02:36 PM

So Ezio is an ancestor of Desmond's mother or father, and Altair is an ancestor of Desmond's mother or father. Im not surprised I got it wrong, because I get confused at my own family tree!

So the Eagle vision is a trait all TWCB/human hybrids have. Which would mean most assassins are probably hybrids due to their quicker reflexes, greater strength etc...

Actually, Eagle vision isn't a trait. It's either a skill anyone (really, anyone) can develop, or it's a skill that only Hybrids can learn. And trust me, there are probably a helluva lot of hybrids out there.

itsamea-mario
09-26-2011, 02:41 PM
It's supposed to be a remnant of the 'sixth sense' isn't it?
Meaning it's a hybrid thing.

Jexx21
09-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Here are some comments from the facebook page...

Assassin's Creed ?@Ian Lawrence: Actually, Corey May has been our writer and manages the continuity of the series overall. We checked this answer with him before releasing it. Ezio, Alta´r and Desmond look alike because of a property of the Animus which uses Desmond's perception of his own appearance to create the models for his ancestors. What's seen in the Revelations trailer is not the Bleeding Effect, it's Eagle Vision which is a totally different thing. Eagle Vision is not an inherited trait, but we'll get to that in a future Q&A.

Assassin's Creed But Ian... Corey May wrote AC1 and AC2... this is where the story comes from. We're sorry if you feel otherwise, but Corey and our narrative team have been very clear: Ezio and Alta´r have never been related.

The difference between the Bleeding Effect and Eagle Vision will be covered in a future Q&A, but what Desmond experiences in Monteriggioni is Eagle Vision picking up the ancient memories of the location... you'll notice that he sees the ghosts of all kinds of people, not just those he was directly related to.

Sarari
09-26-2011, 03:03 PM
This is what I heard in an interview.

Ezio is an ancestor from Desmond's mom's side, and Altair is an ancestor from Desmond's dad's side. Or the other way around.

naran6142
09-26-2011, 04:06 PM
i recall alex describing it as desmond being the converging point of multiple important blood lines

Saqaliba
09-26-2011, 04:31 PM
Yeah, theoretically Ezio will be on Desmond's Mother's side while Altair will be on Desmond's father's side.

Since they have said Desmond is an important convergence point for multiple bloodlines I am guessing that this goes back to the schism between Cain and Able as implied in the Truth Puzzles.

The ability (Eagle Vision, Eagle Sense, Sixth Sense) is derived from a TWCB/Human hybrid bloodline that probably starts with Adam/Eve passed onto Cain and Abel and then their division is the starting point of Templar/Assassin political compass - (Nomadic Libertarian v.s. Sedentist Authoritarian). After killing his brother, Cain starts the first civilization using a P.O.E. to control people, so he is the First Templar, whilst Seth will be the First Assassin to avenge his fallen brother.

Having come from the same hybrid bloodline they both have the same abilities - which would explain: Templar Vision/Eagle Vision.

The bleeding effect is important only in that it is a means to awaken the dormant ability through memory. The Templars use the animus to awaken it (in multi-player). Desmond uses the animus to awaken it in himself. Altai'r and Ezio awaken it simply by being more directly closer to the point of origin genetically.

So I am reckoning that Desmond's role is to actually unite the Templars/Assassin's in so far as he will be rectifying the schism that began with Cain and Abel. I reckon we are gonna see Ezio betray the Assassins in this next game.

Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted

LightRey
09-26-2011, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Saqaliba:
Yeah, theoretically Ezio will be on Desmond's Mother's side while Altair will be on Desmond's father's side.

Since they have said Desmond is an important convergence point for multiple bloodlines I am guessing that this goes back to the schism between Cain and Able as implied in the Truth Puzzles.

The ability (Eagle Vision, Eagle Sense, Sixth Sense) is derived from a TWCB/Human hybrid bloodline that probably starts with Adam/Eve passed onto Cain and Abel and then their division is the starting point of Templar/Assassin political compass - (Nomadic Libertarian v.s. Sedentist Authoritarian). After killing his brother, Cain starts the first civilization using a P.O.E. to control people, so he is the First Templar, whilst Seth will be the First Assassin to avenge his fallen brother.

Having come from the same hybrid bloodline they both have the same abilities - which would explain: Templar Vision/Eagle Vision.

The bleeding effect is important only in that it is a means to awaken the dormant ability through memory. The Templars use the animus to awaken it (in multi-player). Desmond uses the animus to awaken it in himself. Altai'r and Ezio awaken it simply by being more directly closer to the point of origin genetically.

So I am reckoning that Desmond's role is to actually unite the Templars/Assassin's in so far as he will be rectifying the schism that began with Cain and Abel. I reckon we are gonna see Ezio betray the Assassins in this next game.

The First Civilization is the civilization of TWCB.

Voltige2011
09-26-2011, 07:00 PM

The real question is "why do they have the same name idea?"

That Cain and Abel thing seems strange as they would of eventually HAD to descend to Noah(Only surviving family.)

That convergence point thing also seems strange to me as it would of had to start in earlier generations. For all we know the end of the family tree could be in 192012.98 (Right before 192013)

naran6142
09-26-2011, 08:54 PM

not to down on ur idea or anything

but i dont think that ezio will betray the assassins. unless you mean something like re-work what the assassin are fighting for or something like that, which might make sense seeing as how he is trying to understand more about the order and why he's fighting

Jexx21
09-26-2011, 09:24 PM
The Assassin order is fighting to keep free will and to have peace.

The Templar order is fighting for control of the people and to have peace.

Two conflicting groups are not just going to make a truce Saqaliba.

naran6142
09-26-2011, 09:51 PM
from the codex altair said that you cant kill a creed

like jexx said that templars and assassins have different beliefs. even if you eliminated one side someone somewhere would bring it back

so i dont think that the feud between the assassins and the templars will ever end

tho hopefully we will learn more about their origins in ACR

Blind2Society
09-26-2011, 09:54 PM
<span class="flash-video"><object codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"
classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"
height="360"
width="480"
><param name="allowScriptAccess"
value="never"
></param><param name="wmode"
value="transparent"
></param><param value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JE-OMF-O27c?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"
name="movie"
/><param value="true"
/><param value="always"
/><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
wmode="transparent"
allowScriptAccess="never"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
height="360"
width="480"
src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JE-OMF-O27c?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"
/></object></span>

Colossus_1191
09-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Voltige2011:

That convergence point thing also seems strange to me as it would of had to start in earlier generations.

How so?

Bastiaen
09-27-2011, 07:11 PM
I'm lds, so I've been told a lot about family history over the years. My opinion is that Ezio's and Altair's lines will meet when Ezio has a child with Sofia, who I think is a descendent of Altair

Voltige2011
09-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Colossus_1191:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Voltige2011:

That convergence point thing also seems strange to me as it would of had to start in earlier generations.

How so? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He's a convergence point doesn't really mean he's he end. Might even have a grandpa that thought the latter was the best of the bloodlines. A bloodline needs more than two people. That grandpa may have been the combination and the next two generations, maybe just be there to breed into another convergence point.
<span class="ev_code_WHITE"> Just realized how words come out so differently than in my mind. Just move your hands around randomly, and talk to yourself somehow it makes the words more sensible </span>

Voltige2011
09-27-2011, 09:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Colossus_1191:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Voltige2011:

He's a convergence point doesn't really mean he's he end. Might even have a grandpa that thought the latter was the best of the bloodlines. A bloodline needs more than two people. That grandpa may have been the combination and the next two generations, maybe just be there to breed into another convergence point.
<span class="ev_code_WHITE"> Just realized how words come out so differently than in my mind. Just move your hands around randomly, and talk to yourself somehow it makes the words more sensible </span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My opinion is that Ezio's and Altair's lines will meet when Ezio has a child with Sofia, who I think is a descendent of Altair
This is like what I was thinking only put together much less like broken legoes .

naran6142
09-27-2011, 09:34 PM
it would make more sense to me if desmond was the point that the blood lines came together

it would make desmonds role seem more significant

Colossus_1191
09-28-2011, 07:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Colossus_1191:

He's a convergence point doesn't really mean he's he end. Might even have a grandpa that thought the latter was the best of the bloodlines. A bloodline needs more than two people. That grandpa may have been the combination and the next two generations, maybe just be there to breed into another convergence point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is possible they converge earlier, but they certainly don't have to. It is very possible that Desmonds parents are the first time the families come together.

dxsxhxcx
09-28-2011, 07:28 AM
I hope the convergence point is the parents of the next ancestor in AC3, this way we can avoid discussions about which bloodline we should follow, who is the better assassin, etc...

and since I prefer Altair over Ezio I would like to follow Altair's bloodline if that's the case... hehe.. :P

AltairsFinger
09-28-2011, 12:13 PM
It would be kinda cool I think if the next Ancestor was in the 18th or 19th Centyury. Certainly the times of Empires etc... good period of upheaval.

Black_Widow9
09-29-2011, 12:30 AM

Please post in that one.
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>