PDA

View Full Version : limited edition

darkcity2005
07-10-2005, 07:28 AM
it's probably to early but does anyone know if you have to pre-order to get the limited edition, or is it a whoever gets there first thing?

darkcity2005
07-10-2005, 07:28 AM
it's probably to early but does anyone know if you have to pre-order to get the limited edition, or is it a whoever gets there first thing?

Alahmnat
07-10-2005, 06:40 PM
I think it's reasonable to assume that the limited edition of this game will be like the collectors editions of Exile and Revelation, which means that it should be available on store shelves, though probably not for more than a few months before supplies are expended (and unlike the standard edition, there probably won't be more than one run of copies of the LE, which is why it's limited http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif).

cathyk
07-12-2005, 11:57 AM
Looking at Ubi's UK website, there is no mention of the LE - seems like we're going to miss out in Europe and I shall have to ask my friend in Texas for some help on this.

Cheers!

Deg__
07-13-2005, 06:38 PM
cathyk,
That might just be because Ubisoft's UK Web Team hasn't updated their site yet.

Cheers,
- Deg -

dawnadunn
07-13-2005, 08:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> no mention of the LE - seems like we're going to miss out in Europe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'd love to help you out...however...as a Canadian...I volunteered to purchase the CE of MYST IV...and...it worked really well. Well, except that I am still "stuck" with an unopened MYST IV CE that someone backed out from purchasing.

Good luck with your copy of the LE for MYST V.

cathyk
07-14-2005, 10:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deg__:
cathyk,
That might just be because Ubisoft's UK Web Team hasn't updated their site yet.

Cheers,
- Deg - </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll be checking it regularly between now and the release date, but I'm not holding out much hope - the CE of Exile was not released in Europe till 6 months after the CE in the US and it omitted the pewter squee.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I'd love to help you out...however...as a Canadian...I volunteered to purchase the CE of MYST IV...and...it worked really well. Well, except that I am still "stuck" with an unopened MYST IV CE that someone backed out from purchasing.

Good luck with your copy of the LE for MYST V.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, Dawnadunn, my friend in Texas will me help there - that's how I got the MIV soundtrack.

Alahmnat
07-14-2005, 02:53 PM
According to a European UbiSoft official speaking to Mysterium.ch, the LE will be available in Great Britain, Germany, and Switzerland. Availability in Great Britain and Germany will be through an UbiSoft trade partner. It hasn't been stated yet how the game will be sold in Switzerland.

cathyk
07-15-2005, 06:06 AM
Thanks for that news, Al - I would prefer to get it in the UK.

So the next question is: how do we find out who the trade partner is (please let it not be Amazon) and does that mean we can't use our Ubi loyalty points to pay for it?