PDA

View Full Version : Changed Motherboard & Graphics Card Now Cant Access ANY FB/AEP/PF!!!Help!

ytareh
08-19-2006, 09:46 AM
Well I would have sat on the fence as the screaming went on between the Boonty haters and the calmer folk went on ....Now Im a Boonty hater!!!
I changed my motherboard and graphics card .I did NOT do a reformat although I did do a Windows "Reactivation" over the phone.
Now I can not get into the game in any way shape or form.Boonty are blocking the entire game not just the 4.05 part....Fair enough if I had no Pe2 etc but I dont even have an IL2 single seater!!!
So do I have to reinstall the complete Edition DVD if I want to play over the weekend and look for a new key(needless to say the first key I bought no longer works...)on Monday or do the Boonty crew give out keys over the weekend?Please help asap!

steve_v
08-19-2006, 09:58 AM
IMO, your conclusion that Boonty is the source of your problems is unfounded.

ytareh
08-19-2006, 09:59 AM
Boonty splash screen comes and asks me for key code Steve...!?

EURO_Snoopy
08-19-2006, 10:26 AM
Reinstallation of Boonty (http://www.airwarfare.com/guides/boonty_prob.htm)

ytareh
08-19-2006, 10:45 AM
So it looks like no FB/PF over the weekend unless I reinstall the Complete Edition DVD (loosing my missions etc.I think I could be forgiven for thinking that Boonty is a complete load of B........!

gdfo
08-19-2006, 02:37 PM
While I will agree that Boonty is BS and **** to boot would also add that is it horsesh*t and un-needed POS.

Now, if you can open Program Files and the UbiSoft Folder in it, consider copying the mission folders and any other stuff you want from your old install, like the config file etc. and then do a reinstall of the game. Before that I would get in touch with Ubi/Boonty and get a new access code #.

EURO_Snoopy
08-19-2006, 04:09 PM
Read the Installation and Patching Guide (http://www.airwarfare.com/guides/patching.htm) for guidance on installation, patching, backing up missions, campaigns etc and boonty. Its not the end of the world.

MaxMhz
08-20-2006, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by ytareh:
Well I would have sat on the fence as the screaming went on between the Boonty haters and the calmer folk went on ....Now Im a Boonty hater!!!
I changed my motherboard and graphics card .I did NOT do a reformat although I did do a Windows "Reactivation" over the phone.
Now I can not get into the game in any way shape or form.Boonty are blocking the entire game not just the 4.05 part....Fair enough if I had no Pe2 etc but I dont even have an IL2 single seater!!!
So do I have to reinstall the complete Edition DVD if I want to play over the weekend and look for a new key(needless to say the first key I bought no longer works...)on Monday or do the Boonty crew give out keys over the weekend?Please help asap!
ZDid you try this:

- Uninstall Boonty
- Use WinZip / WinRAR to extract il2.exe and/or/il2fb.exe fron Data1.cab on disk 1 from FB
use these to run the game. (either il2.exe or il2fb.exe from the CD should run the merged install present on your system bypassing boonty alltogether.

ytareh
08-20-2006, 10:11 AM
...Didnt work Max!Despite my best efforts the Boonty is embedded in PC .Also the IL2FB.exe is write protected...

x6BL_Brando
08-20-2006, 10:16 AM

Wait up. You installed a new mobo & gfx card but you didn't reformat the HD and reinstall Windows? That's asking for trouble isn't it? And I guess you didn't have your game on a separate partition so that a reformat on the OS partition would have left the game intact?

That and the de-Boontifying trick above would have saved you a lot of hassle.

B.

ytareh
08-20-2006, 10:39 AM
Maxs method DID work with WINZIP but NOT WINRAR....
Im delighted ,Thanks!!!

MaxMhz
08-20-2006, 11:00 AM
Great to hear it worked http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I don't understand WinRAR didn't work though...
oh well, as long as you can fly - who cares lol
It does work with mine (3.60 beta 1)

Blaise_N_Fyre
10-02-2006, 11:31 PM
Same problem here after chipset driver updates.

Extracted the IL2.exe files from disk 1 of FB using WinRAR.

Up and running. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif