PDA

View Full Version : shaking planes in rainy weather; anyone notice this too?

KarayaEine
12-14-2004, 07:36 AM
I created a mission to see how the weather looks like with rain/storm from the carrier and I noticed that the fighters tended to shake/bounce quite bit. I was flying a Mk II Corsair and it seemed like I was constantly being hit by turbulence. It even affected the AI F6F's as well.

However the TBM's were fine and seemed unfazed.

Anyone else noticed this strange behaviour?

I was also hoping to see some more rollicking seas and big waves but the water was the same as always. The carrier did roll more though but I wanted both roll and pitching decks as well to make things interesting.

Johann

KarayaEine
12-14-2004, 07:36 AM
I created a mission to see how the weather looks like with rain/storm from the carrier and I noticed that the fighters tended to shake/bounce quite bit. I was flying a Mk II Corsair and it seemed like I was constantly being hit by turbulence. It even affected the AI F6F's as well.

However the TBM's were fine and seemed unfazed.

Anyone else noticed this strange behaviour?

I was also hoping to see some more rollicking seas and big waves but the water was the same as always. The carrier did roll more though but I wanted both roll and pitching decks as well to make things interesting.

Johann

3.JG51_BigBear
12-14-2004, 08:07 AM
You got it, the shaking is supposed to be turbulence.

DuxCorvan
12-14-2004, 12:28 PM
In fact, it changes with altitude. Dive or climb and you'll be free. It's somewhat realistic, IMHO. It simulates turbulence and strong wind layers in atmosphere in bad weather.

VW-IceFire
12-14-2004, 02:30 PM
Yep...thats turbulence. Feels pretty good to me. Taking off is real troublesome...almost as bad as landing.

Avengers and other heavy planes are a little less affected due to weight...but they still get tossed around.

Malm
12-16-2004, 06:52 AM
Also water drops on top of your wings adds to turbolence over your wings producing more drag and thereby lesser glide angle. This is ofcause only important if you are flying a glider or trying to glide home a plane with a dead engine.