PDA

View Full Version : A few miscellaneous questions, if I may

Rakudaton
12-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Good morrow, citizen of the Assassin's Creed & Brotherhood General Discussion Forum. How fare thee?

1) Weren't we promised crossbow upgrades by the devs? I think I remember something along the lines of being to increase its reload speed, or power, or range.

2) "Full synch" means that you did the memory as Ezio did it, right? Well the tank mission requires you not to be hit once; therefore Ezio wasn't hit when he drove the tank. Why then does one of your mercenary co-pilots say of the enemy tanks: "If ours can be damaged, so can theirs"? Surely he was unaware that the tank could be damaged, because they had not been hit by a single shot from the cannons?

3) Why is aconite so hard to come by? I have looted EVERY SINGLE pickpocket/borgia messenger/bandit I've come across, and still none. I've finished virtually EVERYTHING completely except for a few of those damn shop quests. Why did Ubi decide to put it all down to chance as to whether you get the good items or not? I only got my first quest finished about 3-4 hours after finishing the main storyline.

4) I know it's been raised several times, but I've never seen a satisfactory answer: HOW do you counter a stun in multiplayer? I've seen it done, so I know it's possible. Also, how do you perform the dodging move when someone tries to assassinate you?

5) Why did Ubi choose to halve the teamwork bonuses? Did they think that making all the players run around selfishly for their own kills helped promote 'teamwork'? Gah. I'll poison someone and keep the lock on them to tell my teammates that he's MY target; I also follow him closely. What does my teammate do? He runs in and kills him, bagging the basic 100 points because he can't be bothered to play stealthily (ie, properly) - and losing our team my 600 points kill. Ubi, PLEASE fix this...

magesupermaster
12-22-2010, 12:43 PM
1) Never heard of crossbow upgrades in interviews and such.

2) I was puzzled by that statement too.
Maybe they know it's not an indestructable warmachine..

3) I don't know, I haven't got it either.

4)I don't know.

5) Might be nice of they fixed it.

QuantumSheep1
12-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
Good morrow, citizen of the Assassin's Creed & Brotherhood General Discussion Forum. How fare thee?

1) Weren't we promised crossbow upgrades by the devs? I think I remember something along the lines of being to increase its reload speed, or power, or range.

2) "Full synch" means that you did the memory as Ezio did it, right? Well the tank mission requires you not to be hit once; therefore Ezio wasn't hit when he drove the tank. Why then does one of your mercenary co-pilots say of the enemy tanks: "If ours can be damaged, so can theirs"? Surely he was unaware that the tank could be damaged, because they had not been hit by a single shot from the cannons?

3) Why is aconite so hard to come by? I have looted EVERY SINGLE pickpocket/borgia messenger/bandit I've come across, and still none. I've finished virtually EVERYTHING completely except for a few of those damn shop quests. Why did Ubi decide to put it all down to chance as to whether you get the good items or not? I only got my first quest finished about 3-4 hours after finishing the main storyline.

4) I know it's been raised several times, but I've never seen a satisfactory answer: HOW do you counter a stun in multiplayer? I've seen it done, so I know it's possible. Also, how do you perform the dodging move when someone tries to assassinate you?

5) Why did Ubi choose to halve the teamwork bonuses? Did they think that making all the players run around selfishly for their own kills helped promote 'teamwork'? Gah. I'll poison someone and keep the lock on them to tell my teammates that he's MY target; I also follow him closely. What does my teammate do? He runs in and kills him, bagging the basic 100 points because he can't be bothered to play stealthily (ie, properly) - and losing our team my 600 points kill. Ubi, PLEASE fix this...
If your prey presses the stun button while you press the kill button, it counters the stun.

jimbo11235813
12-22-2010, 02:25 PM
1) Never heard there were meant to be upgrades. I'm just glad we got the crossbow.

2) So true...

3)I read somewhere they are only carried by borgia messengers, who I rarely see anyway making it doubly annoying trying to get it.

4) (sorry this bit is long) I've never done a counter or seen anyone do one where I wasn't the victim, but I suspect (not 100% sure) only the victim of the counter sees it. So basically, whilst you see yourself start the stun, by the time the information is sent to the server (after the animation starts), the signal that the other player has already pressed the assassinate button has already gotten to the server. This is then sent to your game, which triggers the "counterattack" animation.
This is basically programmed so that the animation of the target won't go from stunning a guy to suddenly being killed by the hunter as if the stunned never started to look smoother (e.g. if you start a stun from behind someone, the hunter grabs the target and throws him over his shoulder as opposed to suddenly facing you and killing you normally.) The other playing may simply see the hunter kill the target as normal. In simple terms, its based on who presses the attack/stun button first (and whose info gets to the server first, I assume). If the target pressed stun first, then the hunter is stunned. If the hunter press assassinate first, then the target is killed. In other words, there is no way to perform or see yourself counterattack, it simply occurs on the victims screen.
I must stress that is simply a guess, and if anyone has seen a counterattack without being victim to it (i.e. watching other two people in this animation), then this is most likely wrong. But based on experience, I'd say this is likely.

5) I won't argue with you there.

Terran97
12-22-2010, 02:33 PM
Replay the mission where you have to tackle the Borgia Messenger, and maybe you'll get your aconite. I got mine by tackling him my 1st time!