PDA

View Full Version : Special Edition for ACR

jbfinns713
05-05-2011, 08:22 PM
Gamestop has started taking preorders for a Gamestop edition to be released this November, which is when the last few games have been released. All have had Special Editions with them. What does everyone think will be in them? What would be realistic to have in them? And will they finally do away with the regionalizing the special editions (I'm american and we always get versions that are FAR inferior to the European/PAL version). Does anyone know why they even do that(it can't be the differences in currency or you wouldn't see the "Black Edition" and "Codex Edition" going and selling consistantly on ebay for easily double or even triple the price even with the currency exchanged)?

Biomedical-Fire
05-05-2011, 09:57 PM
I have been told that it has something to do with different importation restrictions. However, other Publishers and Developers such as EA, Activision, Bungie, Epic, MS, Bioware and others have made universal Collector's Editions. As Europeans are quick to point out to us N. Americans that it's because Ubisoft is an European company even though the majority of development is centered at Ubisoft Montreal. I say give us an universal CE, but it won't happen and N. Americans will be treated as second class citizens by Ubisoft.

L.Cie
05-05-2011, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by jbfinns713:
[...] and we always get versions that are FAR inferior to the European/PAL version).

While I agree with you, what I've quoted above I don't agree with.
Up until recent years (Around 2008-9), people in the U.S have gotten all the goods when it came to Collector's Editions. People in other territories have been missing out since, well, the beginning.
North Americans shouldn't whinge, and just deal with it like those in other regions had been for a few decades. Maybe import.

Anyway, I otherwise completely agree; it would be ideal if CEs were the same around the world, save a few exceptional cases (Numbered console releases in Japan, for example, with unnumbered versions released elsewhere). Besides the importing restrictions, there is no reason at all to regionalize them. It's just unfair.

However, Collector's Editions are just that. Limited, snap-them-up-before-they-all-go, editions which sometimes could benefit from being region-exclusive.
It's painful to think that Brotherhood's Codex edition was only available in PAL regions, I just got my copy and it is absolutely beautiful (I'm pretty sure the Codex is leatherbound). However, I still love that it's exclusive to these areas.

As for what might be in a Revelations CE, considering Ubisoft's recent history...
We could probably expect like, five editions, which is just ridiculous, LOL. I imagine there'll be an edition with an Alta´r figure and an identical one with an Ezio one instead.
A premium-quality case is almost a given, as well as 'exclusive' (read: Useless) DLC, a rather thin artbook and maybe some other extras.

Ubisoft seems to be getting bigger and bigger with its CEs lately, so hell, we could even get a model Apple of Eden or something. XD
Though that might fit better with an ACIII CE.

Biomedical-Fire
05-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by L.Cie: Anyway, I otherwise completely agree; it would be ideal if CEs were the same around the world, save a few exceptional cases (Numbered console releases in Japan, for example, with unnumbered versions released elsewhere). Besides the importing restrictions, there is no reason at all to regionalize them. It's just unfair.

However, Collector's Editions are just that. Limited, snap-them-up-before-they-all-go, editions which sometimes could benefit from being region-exclusive.
It's painful to think that Brotherhood's Codex edition was only available in PAL regions, I just got my copy and it is absolutely beautiful (I'm pretty sure the Codex is leatherbound). However, I still love that it's exclusive to these areas.

As for what might be in a Revelations CE, considering Ubisoft's recent history...
We could probably expect like, five editions, which is just ridiculous, LOL. I imagine there'll be an edition with an Alta´r figure and an identical one with an Ezio one instead.
A premium-quality case is almost a given, as well as 'exclusive' (read: Useless) DLC, a rather thin artbook and maybe some other extras.

Ubisoft seems to be getting bigger and bigger with its CEs lately, so hell, we could even get a model Apple of Eden or something. XD
Though that might fit better with an ACIII CE. I agree that Collectors Editions should be made available universally and if other Publishers and Developers can do it, I don't see why Ubisoft can't do it either. Want a Brotherhood Harlequin Jack-in-the-Box CE that was the GameStop exclusive CE? I can get you one because between the 5 stores in my area, combined they have around 30 of them at the price of $59.99 USD. Which is down from the $99.99 that they retailed for at launch. Now if Ubi would've made the Codex Edition available here in N. America, then none of the GameStop's would have any available. That is how much Ubi has turned off N. Americans when it comes to regionalizing their CE's. And as far as the Apple of Eden in the AC III CE, it'll probably be an European exclusive CE. If it were real that is.

gamertam
05-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Speaking for myself, i would've loved to picked up the Black Edition and the Codex Edition if only they were available at Gamestop. I'm pretty sure any AC fans in North America wouldn't hesitate a second to owning them too.

So with this AC Revelation CE/SE/LE i'll be more than happy to pick it up. My only question is will it be inferior to their Europe's version?

jbfinns713
05-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Its hard to even import them. Play.com will NOT ship to the US. Ebay is a joke. People are buying CE editions and marking them up and then reselling them. The black edition of AC2 still goes for above $200, and thats without shipping. The codex edition goes for similar amounts, albiet less. Even with a region coded game(aka I wouldn't be able to play it), I'd buy it for their extras. But they won't ship it to the US and paying $300-$400 for it all is really expensive for a game I can't play.
If you want to make different editions thats fine, even give them region coding...fine... but at least give them to people who will ship worldwide, or maybe better yet, hike up the prices of the editions so that people will get the version they want most.
And import restrictions? Is there really ANYTHING that would limit it?
The black edition is the Master Assassin's edition with the master assassin armor, all the DLC combined into one and a leather-bound artbook.
The Codex edition has a nicer case, nicer artbook and the Linage DVD, oh and its missing the jack in the box.

Biomedical-Fire
05-06-2011, 10:54 PM
This is what Gabe, the Community Developer, tweeted to me when I asked him about why N. America doesn't get the same CE's as the PAL territories. He said, "CEs are different because of global manufacturing realities. Challenging to get exactly the same stuff on two different continents." So this is the excuse that Ubisoft uses to get out of giving us good CE's of their games. Does the bad Splinter Cell: Conviction USB cards ring a bell?

kegs_11
05-07-2011, 05:38 AM
- Ezio has a new item called the hookblade which allows him to use ziplines throughout the city.

- Ezio can now make bombs through a crafting system. UBI says that there are over 300 bomb types

Ha, I can see the collectors edition contents already-
-Game software
-Soundtrack
-Useless dvd with standard def trailer and wallpapers
-Exclusive (read available in 6 months) DLC
-Exclusive "eagle head" letter opener based on Ezios new hook blade design
-Exlusive pestle and mortar like Ezios own bomb making kit

The statue will be available of course but separately to make more cash. Or will be in the american release (hey you didnt think you were getting the goodies?)

reini03
05-07-2011, 07:04 AM
There's been a 'GameStop Exclusive Signature Edition' on GameStop yesterday, but it's gone. It said something about... extra missions and a Turk Harlequin. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Ureh
05-07-2011, 12:57 PM
What concerns me the most about the CE/SE is whether or not they're going to lie to us again.

If I remember correctly, Gabe said that the ACB CE was on a very limited run. Guess what? It's still in stock and sometimes drops to nearly half the original retail price. Not to mention you can easily find listings on eBay selling everything for even less. But it's my mistake for being so trusting and not seriously judging the content first.

The content they have in the ACR CE will determine if I wait a couple months and pick it up for half-off or pre-order as soon as it's announced.

kriegerdesgottes
05-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by jbfinns713:
Gamestop has started taking preorders for a Gamestop edition to be released this November, which is when the last few games have been released. All have had Special Editions with them. What does everyone think will be in them? What would be realistic to have in them? And will they finally do away with the regionalizing the special editions (I'm american and we always get versions that are FAR inferior to the European/PAL version). Does anyone know why they even do that(it can't be the differences in currency or you wouldn't see the "Black Edition" and "Codex Edition" going and selling consistantly on ebay for easily double or even triple the price even with the currency exchanged)?

agreed. Ubisoft you have screwed me over on 3 of the LE versions of AC, that's right I even pre-ordered the first one wayyy back in 2007 and each and every time you have screwed me out of the good European version and this time I told myself if the Americans get screwed one more time I'm getting the regular version of the game, I won't buy the crap version every again, A jack in the box!?! wtf!? the Europeans get a badass codex box with cards and we get a p.o.s jack in the back, and don't even get me started on the first two editions for the I and II. please let us all get the same awesome edition! or at least give us all something that is cool and not something wayyy inferior.

TorQue1988
05-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
There's been a 'GameStop Exclusive Signature Edition' on GameStop yesterday, but it's gone. It said something about... extra missions and a Turk Harlequin. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Yeah i saw that...they said the bonuses are:
-Extended Gameplay Mission
-Enhanced Weapon Capabilities
-Turkish Harlequin Multiplayer Skin
-Animated Short Film
-In-Game Soundtrack
And they also said the game is set for release 02/11/2011 on all the platforms,including PC http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif ,highly doubt that.

Biomedical-Fire
05-07-2011, 03:56 PM
GameStop needs to grow a pair and tell Ubisoft that either N. America gets the same CE or we won't sell it in our stores in N. America and in our EbGames stores in Australia. If other companies can make their CE's the same globally, I don't know why Ubisoft can't do the same as well.

iN3krO
05-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Biomedical-Fire:
I have been told that it has something to do with different importation restrictions. However, other Publishers and Developers such as EA, Activision, Bungie, Epic, MS, Bioware and others have made universal Collector's Editions. As Europeans are quick to point out to us N. Americans that it's because Ubisoft is an European company even though the majority of development is centered at Ubisoft Montreal. I say give us an universal CE, but it won't happen and N. Americans will be treated as second class citizens by Ubisoft.

Fianlly someone treats North Americans how they should be treated, second class citzen!... You're the cause of terrorism -.-''

Biomedical-Fire
05-09-2011, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by TorQue1988:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
-Animated Short Film
-In-Game Soundtrack
And they also said the game is set for release 02/11/2011 on all the platforms,including PC http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif ,highly doubt that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ubisoft better get on the ball by looking at the date it should've released 3 months ago and a PC version released at the same time, very doubtful that would happen. Signature Editions are unthoughtful, unimaginative and a cheap way out of having to come up with a proper CE.

Mr_Shade
05-09-2011, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Biomedical-Fire:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TorQue1988:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
-Animated Short Film
-In-Game Soundtrack
And they also said the game is set for release 02/11/2011 on all the platforms,including PC http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif ,highly doubt that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ubisoft better get on the ball by looking at the date it should've released 3 months ago and a PC version released at the same time, very doubtful that would happen. Signature Editions are unthoughtful, unimaginative and a cheap way out of having to come up with a proper CE. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Appears they took the EU date format - as in the 2nd of the 11th month..November http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif not February..

Any date in November seen on the web - unless officially announced should be took with a pinch of salt..

As to the Special / collectors editions - it appears that Gamespot have there own 'version' - expect news on the 'real' editions soon - at present there is no information on any special / collectors editions - however time will tell http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ureh
05-09-2011, 02:08 PM
This obviously won't happen but I hope they include figures/dolls of Altair and Ezio standing back-to-back on a pedastel. 8-9 inch height and highly detailed.

I guess it does look ridiculous when you picture it in your head but at the same time it could be awesome. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

PhiIs1618033
05-09-2011, 02:47 PM
I'm from Europe, I get everything.

It's still not fair. Fix it, Ubi.

Oatkeeper
05-09-2011, 09:06 PM
I didnt get the ACB collectors edition becuase I got screwed with AC2 by getting the two extra maps, and the only way I could get the last one was by buying the bundle that came with the 2nd DLC. In other words I refused to pay and extra 2$ for something I already owned 2/3 of.

Not to mention that a Jack in the Box was kinda of a lame thing to pay an extra 40$ for. at least if I got a Codex Box I would have an awesome place to store my AC stuff.

This time I already pre-ordered my copy of Revelations and since its so early I automatically get bumped up to the Collectors Edition. But Unless I got something really good, I would prolly not get the CE otherwise. Especially since the last Templar lair in AC2 still taunts me to this day and is the only thing that prevent me from getting 100% completion.

Anyways, I would Love a nice Altair statue to go with my Ezio. Or perhaps a Hidden blade brace (though that will never happen)

SleezeRocker
05-09-2011, 11:48 PM
Yeah, like bookends but with Altair and Ezio

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqIOKkIE1qUPbU1RBNsi5Fz4wg~~_35.JPG
Kind of like the MK bookends ^ (only as template)

Perhaps make a centerpiece-thing, like on the left Altair, middle have the Animus (or Apple of Eden) and to the right Stairway to Heaven Ezio!

Then through in the usual:

-ACR Soundtrack (on AUDIO disc...NOT BLURAY OR HDVD....AUDIO!!! You know, so I can import on my computer then to MP3 player, or even in car on my way to shcool!)

-Some kind of special edition costume/armor for Ezio)perhaps even both Altair and Demsond???)

-Early access of mutiplayer characters or even abilities of some kind (something online-related)

-Of course the Making of ACR

-Concept Arts

-Assassin Logo Belt Buckle (ok this is optional but wouldn't hurt lol)

-ACR Tshirt or wallposter just for preordering ANY version of ACR :P

-Possibly Beta access as well, but for everyone! (show some love for PC too, im no PC player but im always down for equal gaming)

*Cough- PS3,Xbox,PC online interaction-end of coughing* Takes cough suppresant* Ah feel better now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif