PDA

View Full Version : The completion of the IL2 series

XyZspineZyX
09-28-2005, 07:03 PM
A few topic starters
will the developers of the series complete the combined install with 4.02 patch or will there be more? I believe that for PF to be at an equal with FB+ AEP it needs an expantion pack.

I run the combined install & it is all I play, when you compare the Eastern front fighter campaigns to the Pacific theater fighter campaigns, the Eastern ones are superior, I find this strange, generally products that are released after another should be on par or superior, I gather the "leaking" of PF before the actual game release had a bit to do with this. Does anybody inthe forums know what occured here?

Overall the IL2 series is the best WW2 flightsim I have played & will continue to play, so what is the expectation of BOB & how can it match PF-AEP-FB?

XyZspineZyX
09-28-2005, 07:03 PM
A few topic starters
will the developers of the series complete the combined install with 4.02 patch or will there be more? I believe that for PF to be at an equal with FB+ AEP it needs an expantion pack.

I run the combined install & it is all I play, when you compare the Eastern front fighter campaigns to the Pacific theater fighter campaigns, the Eastern ones are superior, I find this strange, generally products that are released after another should be on par or superior, I gather the "leaking" of PF before the actual game release had a bit to do with this. Does anybody inthe forums know what occured here?

Overall the IL2 series is the best WW2 flightsim I have played & will continue to play, so what is the expectation of BOB & how can it match PF-AEP-FB?

FritzGryphon
09-28-2005, 07:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">will there be more... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least one more patch/addon with some new planes. 4.02 is mostly for fixes.

AFAIK, also a $ addon, though I don't know if it'll be available in the west.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> expectation of BOB & how can it match PF-AEP-FB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think PF is an aberration for a few reasons. Mainly, the production of content with 3rd party modelers did not go smoothly, myself being one of them. It was produced relatively quickly, I think, and was a glorified addon rather than a standalone game. Also, the licensing issue prevents the inclusion of some important content that otherwise would have been included.

BoB won't have these problems. I trust it will be a quality, complete rendition fo the BoB, and with cool new FM, DM, weather, etc. features to boot.

Low_Flyer_MkII
09-28-2005, 07:27 PM
Have a look at the top two threads in Oleg's ready room.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=frm&s=400102&f=63110913 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=frm&amp;s=400102&amp;f=63110913)

Looks like this series is going to continue in some shape or form for the forseeable future.

LeadSpitter_
09-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Didnt luthier say 3 more projects in the making for PF in olegs the life of PF thread. Or it was a seperate topic.

Popey109
09-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Good luck pinning anything down. I was left with the impression two of those add-ons were Russian only content???. And the other was a map...what I hope for now is Oleg releasing tools to 3'd party group willing to do PTO content. But this (if it happens) won€t be till after BoB thats my guess...

tttiger6BL
09-28-2005, 07:46 PM
When is it a "topic starter" and when is it a "troll"? Does a rose by any other name, etc., etc....

Thias topic has been done to death and unless (or until) St. Oleg starts communicating with his customers (as he did in ages past), all anyone can do is guess.

We need some facts, not guesses. folks. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ttt

Bearcat99
09-28-2005, 08:20 PM
AFAIC it's all FB... one 5 CD multifront badd@ssed sim. But I'm a fanman so... ummmm http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

ImpStarDuece
09-28-2005, 08:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:
Didnt luthier say 3 more projects in the making for PF in olegs the life of PF thread. Or it was a seperate topic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Luthier clarified that the three projects that he is working on are the add-ons currently slated for a Russia only release.

He is not working on a PF specific addon, although he is working on additional Pacific theatre content.

XyZspineZyX
09-28-2005, 10:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tttiger6BL:
When is it a "topic starter" and when is it a "troll"? Does a rose by any other name, etc., etc....

Thias topic has been done to death and unless (or until) St. Oleg starts communicating with his customers (as he did in ages past), all anyone can do is guess.

Whats a troll, I am unfamiliar with computer jargon & I dont really care if this topic has been done to death, I would rather discuss this topic with intelligence.

I tend to agree with FritzGryphon, PF makes a good expantion pack, I cant comment for other people but personally I would be disapointed if I bought PF standalone & compared it to FB.
I did notice in the readme of PF that " there wasnt enough room in 2 disks to fit all the work/info so I am hoping that the future addons will live up to what was said & so far so good.

We have a huge amount of flyables to select in game but it appears alot of these target the online audience. I fly offline (no broadband) & hope the imbalance is addressed, this is the reason I believe we need more Japanese aircraft in PF, people might not like flying them on line(I dont know) but they would increase the overall historical accuracy of the PF Theater

We need some facts, not guesses. folks. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ttt </div></BLOCKQUOTE>