PDA

View Full Version : Complex engine management pointers?

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 10:41 AM
Well I tried doing a search, but I have found searching for anything in this forum is impossible. Everything has been repeated, and reposted a thousand times so when I search for something like "engine managment" or "I-16 engine management" I get the message saying the search took too long. Same with every other search I've done.

Anyway is there a webpage or some place that lays out how to do advanced engine management?
From what I've read it gives you an advantage compared to setting it to turning complex engine management off.
Of course with the 100 other things to do it adds to the strain of things. However I can't really jump into a full real server because I have no clue.

Some aircraft I don't even know if they have any advanced engine management like the I-16. As much as it over heats I'm sure it must have cowl flaps or something. I know it as a fixed pitch prop.

Anyway I'm not looking for specific's just some general settings for various altitudes, and airspeeds. It's all rather confusing to me even though I understand how engine RPM, and prop pitch effect aircraft performance.

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 10:41 AM
Well I tried doing a search, but I have found searching for anything in this forum is impossible. Everything has been repeated, and reposted a thousand times so when I search for something like "engine managment" or "I-16 engine management" I get the message saying the search took too long. Same with every other search I've done.

Anyway is there a webpage or some place that lays out how to do advanced engine management?
From what I've read it gives you an advantage compared to setting it to turning complex engine management off.
Of course with the 100 other things to do it adds to the strain of things. However I can't really jump into a full real server because I have no clue.

Some aircraft I don't even know if they have any advanced engine management like the I-16. As much as it over heats I'm sure it must have cowl flaps or something. I know it as a fixed pitch prop.

Anyway I'm not looking for specific's just some general settings for various altitudes, and airspeeds. It's all rather confusing to me even though I understand how engine RPM, and prop pitch effect aircraft performance.

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 11:16 AM
Here ya go:

http://mudmovers.com/Sims/FB/fb_cem.htm

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Tailspin/fbengines.pdf

Still learning myself as well, only got into this game last week. Handy stuff here though