PDA

View Full Version : Desert default skin

JG53_Witt
04-25-2005, 04:29 AM
they are the possibilities that with the new patch will be included the default desert skin for the mediterranean map (useful for the on-line game in this map...)?
thanks!

P.S. sorry for may english

JG53_Witt
04-25-2005, 04:29 AM
they are the possibilities that with the new patch will be included the default desert skin for the mediterranean map (useful for the on-line game in this map...)?
thanks!

P.S. sorry for may english

LeadSpitter_
04-25-2005, 04:38 AM
Definatly, Many aircraft need updated skins embedded into the game engine, Dessert especially and im sure many of the top skinners would allow thier work to be in the game.

109s, 190s, p51s, p38s, p47s, basically all russian ac with the exception of the i185 need skin updates badly so we at least have some choices 3-5 generic skins no need for skin dl.

The US mat needs replacing badly as well instead of finishing them halfarse it would be nice if they get done right once.

All allied ac should have a updated mat so there is no need for having to have logos on the generic skin.

Aceshigh already has the mats all done all that has to be done is update them in game or at least open the mats folder like the skins which allow us to replace all mats we can see online.

JG53Frankyboy
04-25-2005, 05:08 AM
indeed , overworking a lot of default skins would help the look ogthe game more than the most other eyecandy stuff !

there are fantastic defaults around but others are way off in comparison

Atomic_Marten
04-25-2005, 08:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:
Definatly, Many aircraft need updated skins embedded into the game engine, Dessert especially and im sure many of the top skinners would allow thier work to be in the game.

109s, 190s, p51s, p38s, p47s, basically all russian ac with the exception of the i185 need skin updates badly so we at least have some choices 3-5 generic skins no need for skin dl.

The US mat needs replacing badly as well instead of finishing them halfarse it would be nice if they get done right once.

All allied ac should have a updated mat so there is no need for having to have logos on the generic skin.

Aceshigh already has the mats all done all that has to be done is update them in game or at least open the mats folder like the skins which allow us to replace all mats we can see online. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Totally agreed.. what maybe first comes to my mind is B-239 which does not have winter camo, and in fact it served many missions in winter occasions.. P39 also may be winterized (there are some differences in summer/winter camo as it is, but they are minimal).. etc.

And also some of aircraft in game should have maybe better default summer skins, bearing in mind MiG-3 first here..

On the other hand all that shouldn't take so much work, considering the fact that many skins that may be included in game (3rd party and they are artwork http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif) are already made, and with permission of the authors they may find their way in game (some even as as defaults).

CAPT_COTTON
04-25-2005, 08:45 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

Custom skins look great too and they have my name on the side of them and can put kills on skins and the post about the customs causing a problem in game is two years old and way back there in a very old patch we need to hear from someone in olegs team about what happens in a room when running the lastest patch [3.04 and 3.04m and flying in the year 2005 .
The testers need to make a report about what they find out about the patches and we can compare to what we find out when we are using it on line ourselves http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I put a light mouse in and i updated the drivers wednesday and my pings then up about 100 over the normal size and i got kicked and went looking thur PC program and the new drivers came with a little EXE that was turning on during game and i sent it to garbage can and my pings came down.

Clean your PC and you can run with big boys even on a small emachine. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

LeadSpitter_
04-26-2005, 10:01 PM
They really should release 1-2 50-100meg skins patchs between the long durations of the version change patchs.

I think it would give the people something to keep thier minds off the game version update patchs.

the skins should also be linked to regiments rather then to the map giving a choice of different generics then only 1 forced skin.

Monson74
04-27-2005, 12:39 AM
Bumpy! Some of the defaults are very nice - the D9s, the Pacific P-51, the 109F4 & many others but there are some that could need an update to say the least. The early FWs - why are they green? Shouldn't they have been grey like the Bfs?

JG53Frankyboy
04-27-2005, 03:09 AM
JG54 "Gr├╝nherz", the main user of eastern front Fw190 as fighters, was well known for its green cammo on its Fw190.

but yes, grey was more common overall.

Phas3e
04-30-2005, 02:58 AM
Bump!

yeah alot of the original default skins are in desperate need of updating

maybe a different setting for western and eastern front german planes,
and a desert skins just to make online flying look that bit sexier http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

zaelu
04-30-2005, 03:49 AM
Yup, very good ideea.

Il2skins.com is restarting its engines, maybe after the database is rebuilded by polls or by 1C authority some of the best skins will be included (with the aproval of authors ofcourse) in skin patches.

And if the game engine (will) support(s) the use in online games of all skins in the skins directory not just default ones, a lot of people would be happier online.

VW-IceFire
04-30-2005, 05:56 PM
I like and love these ideas alot.

The RAF markings I've been championing to be fixed...there are others that could use some attention as well. Updating the generic skins across the board would really do a great thing.

But I think we won't see it...

pourshot
04-30-2005, 06:21 PM
This is one of the better Ideas I have seen for some time, I think it would be very welcome by all and also cheap and fast for Olegs team to do.

Feathered_IV
04-30-2005, 10:20 PM
A6M defaults are horrible. A change there would be most welcome http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif.