PDA

View Full Version : Game-pausing update = annoying

Philipscdrw
03-19-2005, 07:12 PM
I've been playing SH3 for all of 3 hours now. It's great. But one thing is strange - if BdU have anything really important to say to you, the game will pause and the message will display as a GUI menu on the screen. likewise if you suddenly find a ship in sight when cruising at 512x the game gives you a GUI menu. It would be much more immersive, IMO, to walk over to the radioman and ask for the message, or to just have a crewman shouting 'Ship sighted!' at you, leaving you to decide whether to dive to periscope depth, attack automatically, or do nothing...

Just a small gripe really, nothing serious. I love SH3.

Philipscdrw
03-19-2005, 07:12 PM
I've been playing SH3 for all of 3 hours now. It's great. But one thing is strange - if BdU have anything really important to say to you, the game will pause and the message will display as a GUI menu on the screen. likewise if you suddenly find a ship in sight when cruising at 512x the game gives you a GUI menu. It would be much more immersive, IMO, to walk over to the radioman and ask for the message, or to just have a crewman shouting 'Ship sighted!' at you, leaving you to decide whether to dive to periscope depth, attack automatically, or do nothing...

Just a small gripe really, nothing serious. I love SH3.

dagamecat
03-19-2005, 07:24 PM
sorry if this seems like a pointless post, and it is off-topic, but I feel so passionate about the subject that I just had to post! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

its about this that you just said:
"Please, everyone, put a line in your sig like mine. Otherwise everyone will think your sig is part of your post, and that's confusing."

I totally agree! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Frederf220
03-19-2005, 08:04 PM
It does feel like cheating that I get dropped to lower TC when things around me happen.

While it is good that it allows you an interupt when something import around you happens. It should say "Radio contact recieved" something other than blam, you're at 8x. It tells you if you bump into a sonar or visual contact.

lysergic
03-20-2005, 03:06 AM
It looks like the popup menu you are talking about (when ship sighting for example) just appears when a watch officier is on bridge... Not sure, but it looks like the way it is...