PDA

View Full Version : I know how about Neutral forces?

JRJacobs
11-24-2004, 08:40 PM
not a joke - in the real world nobdy fired on neutrals and neutrals fired on nobody... in the entire IL2 series everybody attacks neutrals and neutrals attack everybody so how about adding a neutral neutral?

JRJacobs
11-24-2004, 08:40 PM
not a joke - in the real world nobdy fired on neutrals and neutrals fired on nobody... in the entire IL2 series everybody attacks neutrals and neutrals attack everybody so how about adding a neutral neutral?

Athosd
11-24-2004, 10:53 PM
To what "neutrals" are you referring? Can't think of any in the IL2 series.

VW-IceFire
11-24-2004, 10:57 PM
Who exactly was neutral...in the sense that we'd have something flying or driving around that was not going to be shot at by someone?

plumps_
11-24-2004, 11:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JRJacobs:
not a joke - in the real world nobdy fired on neutrals and neutrals fired on nobody... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really true. (http://math.fce.vutbr.cz/safarik/ACES/aces1/switzerland2.html)

Gato__Loco
11-25-2004, 11:18 AM
I don't get it...
Should we have a Swiss pilot campaign? It would be a bit boring, wouldn't it?

JaVA_Zeehond
11-25-2004, 03:48 PM
Include dutch and belgian neutral forces. The dutch are already there (and the Fokker D21 on it's way). The Belgian need only their markings selectable. Our planes are already in the game. Hurri mkI, Gladiator and Fiat 32 falco's.

Athosd
11-25-2004, 06:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JaVA_Zeehond:
Include dutch and belgian neutral forces. The dutch are already there (and the Fokker D21 on it's way). The Belgian need only their markings selectable. Our planes are already in the game. Hurri mkI, Gladiator and Fiat 32 falco's. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree those would be a good addition - however their neutrality didn't last long. Enemy forces breaching your borders turns you into a combatant rather quickly.

I recall that Belgium (as any neutral does during troubled times) aggressively maintained its neutrality during the "SitzKrieg" period. This often entailed firing on any aircraft that came near their borders.

The original poster seems to want neutral forces present in the war zone - which is a bit silly.

Cheers

Athos