PDA

View Full Version : Question about point system

Poetic03
06-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Watching the E3 demo and I noticed for every kill there would be a +10 over the enemies. I don't mind player progression, but will there be an option to turn this feature off? Just seems to slightly take away from the single player experience and atmosphere...

FC-Szocik
06-30-2011, 12:14 PM
I think about max rank level maybe they give 40, more hours to play and more fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

Yea on E3 we saw points, question is can we play on unranked servers too? or only ranked, I prefer both http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif.

Mr_Shade
07-03-2011, 08:48 AM
There is no official news about this at all..

However if you scan YouTube, or the pinned thread showing the e3 demo, there is no pop up - so it may be an option you can turn off in game.

FC-Szocik
07-04-2011, 10:03 AM
I readed some info about FC3 points and they will be in singleplayer, you can use them to be faster, or add some Gadget to our weapons.

Martythemerc
07-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by FC-Szocik:
I readed some info about FC3 points and they will be in singleplayer, you can use them to be faster, or add some Gadget to our weapons.

I hope I can turn it off like I always do with the music. I want full immersion. I only play as a single player for myself - I don't care about points and don't want my play screen "dumbed down".

Poetic03
07-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Exactly, I don't care very much for points in a single player experience. One of the best parts about Far Cry 2 was the realism bout upgrading weapons with diamonds, not make believe points.

SICKSIX6_IOWA
07-05-2011, 09:50 AM
So if those points are XP that you earn in the SP, you're saying you wouldn't like the progression? I think having an open world campaign with RPG style leveling and progression through the story would improve the game dramatically. I'd love to see Far Cry 3 take more of an Elder's Scrolls style play with caves and hidden areas to discover and explore along with looting and collecting items. It would give it more than the usual shootemup routine that most FPS games have. The XP you earn from kills could add up to give you more strength, speed, accuracy, better weapons etc. I think that would be a genius move for Ubi.

Now as far as Multiplayer goes, I prefer unranked games on user made maps where everyone is on the same level from start to finish. Same weapons available to every player, same amount of health etc. So I hope they keep the MP a little more arcady as opposed to having to achieve higher ranks to have access to better weapons. That's where FC2 really failed before the patch was released, and released way too late.

Martythemerc
07-05-2011, 12:55 PM
SICKSIX6_IOWA: I don't want to see +10 pop up everytime I shoot - to have "increased speed" in a realistic game where slow methodical stealth makes for increased game play and strategy is the reason FC 2 was unique. This is not how fast you can "beat the game". I would rather have objects to collect to get me into things - not special weapons or powers. Realism is key for me.

Poetic03
07-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Same here, realism is key and what made far cry 2 so unique... Its cool if my charActer gains experience along the way, but I dont need to be reminded witj each and every kill.

o0Kman0o
07-05-2011, 03:55 PM
You got to remember FC2 was a failure so FC3 has to take a new aproch. I doubt a couple of numbers popping up will ruin anything! Just remember You may like FC2 but alot of people didn't therefore FC3 needs to appeal to other a wider demographic.
I know the topic was about a On/Off option but don't be angry if they don't have one. It was the point system which I though looked most intresting.

Martythemerc
07-05-2011, 07:58 PM
This game (& FC2) is not arcade. FC2 was only a "failure" for those who could'nt handle a game without their hand being held, or decide what to do on their own. Sure there were respawn annoyances and the odd glitch - nothing's perfect. I'm on my 6th FC2 play, and all playouts have not been the same as the last one as I've gone down different paths using different strategy each time. I don't want them to "junk" up the screen with arcade and burned-in HUDS that will take away that immersive experience.

Poetic03
07-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Really... so out of the new improved graphics, complex charater (Voss), and new stealth feature it was the points that was most interesting?

It will be something to overlook easy, but on/off feature will definitely please both sides of the fence.

Hobodealer
07-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Martythemerc:
This game (& FC2) is not arcade. FC2 was only a "failure" for those who could'nt handle a game without their hand being held, or decide what to do on their own. Sure there were respawn annoyances and the odd glitch - nothing's perfect. I'm on my 6th FC2 play, and all playouts have not been the same as the last one as I've gone down different paths using different strategy each time. I don't want them to "junk" up the screen with arcade and burned-in HUDS that will take away that immersive experience. Thats exactly why I loved Far Cry 2. It felt free to explore, the visuals were good and it felt like a genuine game, not an arcade, xp style thing.

BossKoms
07-07-2011, 04:38 PM
What other FPS shows you gained XP in the 'Single Player'?

Of all the ones I've played it's ZERO.

Please give us the option of turning it off.

Marngelo
07-09-2011, 09:44 AM
Please ubisoft! We do NOT want points popping up when playing singleplayer!

xsquirrelstewx
07-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by BossKoms:
What other FPS shows you gained XP in the 'Single Player'?

Of all the ones I've played it's ZERO.

Please give us the option of turning it off.

Crysis 2.

Szocik87
07-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Poetic03:
Watching the E3 demo...

Yes this is a demo and game still changing so we don't know what options they add or delete.

Poetic03
07-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Crysis 2 didn't have XP points pop with with every enemy you killed.

Szocik87
07-10-2011, 04:55 AM
Crysis 2 have other Engine and he was released by the other company also this is a Far Cry 3 forum :P.

Points in singleplayer? why not.

New game, new options.

Marngelo
07-10-2011, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Szocik87:

Points in singleplayer? why not.

New game, new options. Because the far cry-series is not supposed to have a high-score-arcade game. It is far cry.

Poetic03
07-10-2011, 11:15 AM
Agreed... that what makes the Far Cry series stand out.