PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy AC2 for PC?

NoCDRom
04-03-2010, 04:43 PM
I want to buy the game but I see so many negative reviews from the fans, so I don't know what I should do.

1.Is the DRM issue fixed - meaning can you play the game without problems? (I have a DSL with ATT)

2. Also if I purchase the game will I get the additional memories?

Any thoughts would be nice. Thanks!

NightmareGK13
04-03-2010, 05:10 PM
i had absolutely no problems with DRM
100% completion with dlcs

i think you will
black edition unlocks all additinal memories - battle of forli and bonfire of vanities
white edition and normal edition not sure though

S.H.O.D.A.N
04-03-2010, 05:18 PM
I would advise against buying Assassins creed 2 if you have ANY problems with your internet connection IE occasional packet loss, ever so slightly unstable connection, Wireless networking, ETC.

keibeck
04-03-2010, 09:06 PM
You should buy the game and then use this fake DRM server which pirates seem to have made.
You won't need an active internet connection, the server is run on your own PC.

DRM troubles fixed!

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
04-03-2010, 10:53 PM
you get the addons/content with the pc version

SHODANS full of crap,you can play fine with the lousiest of connections

keibecks suggestion means you`ll never know if you can play from start to finish or if the bugs/crashs are from game or fake server crap.
then again why would you need a trojan riddled crack to play a legit copy.

anyway,check thier posts,they dont even own the game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

bought it,played it through twice,second time on a crappy 56k.

obliviondoll
04-04-2010, 12:53 AM
56k means your connection is a dialup connection, or a speed-restricted broadband.

All that tells you is that it's slow. Doesn't make any difference at all to the stability or reliability of the connection. My 7Mbps connection at home is more stable and reliable than the 20Mbps connection at my parents' house. The 56kbps dialup connections we each have access to get less packet loss than either of our broadband connections, but they're slow enough to be useless for actual online gaming.

If you're getting packet loss or if your connection drops out a lot then don't get it for PC.

adarwinter
04-04-2010, 02:19 AM
im occasionally having connectiong issues where i cant log in. once im in i dont get disconnected. it's the times i am really frustrated about the DRM that make me not want to buy splinter cell conviction. 90% the time i can play whenever i want and 10% of the time are frustration.

it's not bad statistics but if i didnt have so much love for the game i'd have tolerated it.

and if the fake server thing is indeed possible than u can see if the DRM is giving u issues. if it isn't than stick with it. if it does, u can try alternatives only when u r having issues.

keibeck
04-04-2010, 03:38 AM
Actually, the 'fake server crap' seems to work great. I do have the game, on PS3.

MalakvianPsycho
04-04-2010, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by AJ_Rimmer_Bsc:

keibecks suggestion means you`ll never know if you can play from start to finish or if the bugs/crashs are from game or fake server crap.

anyway,check thier posts,they dont even own the game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

I would be highly suspicious of anything this user says, he seems to be on some kind of crusade to put Ubisoft up on a pedestal. I also find it very unlikely that anyone with broadband would spend countless hours on a dial-up connection tying up the phone lines to make a point. New computers don't even come with modems anymore...http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Being a "crappy 56k" user myself, I can guarantee this game would not work for many reasons. Rural connection speed is only 30k due to distance, well under the game specs, the connection frequently times out or disconnects & I can't tie up the phone line all day long anyways.
In other words, anyone putting "plays fine" & "lousiest connection" in the same sentence doesn't know WTF he's talking about.

My recommendation is to not buy this game on principal till they get rid of the DRM, let them know they are making a mistake by cutting off gamers who can't stay online.

nexenizer
04-04-2010, 05:17 AM
I went and bought the PC version without knowing about the DRM. If I had known, I'd have left it on the shelf.

The problem for me is not the DRM itself but I live in an area where a stable internet connection is not available. This will likely translate to a crappy gaming experience but I haven't tested the game yet so I can't say for sure.

Anyway, this kind of strict DRM only hurts the honest customer but since I already bought the game, I will try it out. I am however ****ed off, so if it doesn't work properly I won't buy a single Ubisoft game again, ever.

snowleppard
04-04-2010, 06:04 AM
I bought my PC copy. Haven't had any problems at all. Internet connection- 2Mb/s ADSL..

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
04-04-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by NoCDRom:
I want to buy the game but I see so many negative reviews from the fans, so I don't know what I should do.

1.Is the DRM issue fixed - meaning can you play the game without problems? (I have a DSL with ATT)

<span class="ev_code_RED">there never was a DRM issue,just ranting from thieves who couldnt use a stolen copy,or a server crash in early release</span>

2. Also if I purchase the game will I get the additional memories?

<span class="ev_code_RED">you get them with the pc version</span>

Any thoughts would be nice. Thanks!

these are the facts,anything else from low post count users is just ranting because the DRM works.

anyway,make your own mind up,its the only way to find out for sure.

S.H.O.D.A.N
04-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by AJ_Rimmer_Bsc:

Yeah, in fact I SO don't own this game that I didn't get this email from Ubi$oft:

Dear S.H.O.D.A.N

Thank you for your recent purchase of Assassin's Creed 2. We hope you are enjoying the game!

Recently, our servers were temporarily unavailable to a portion of players, meaning they were unable to play the game. Our goal is to offer you a seamless experience with your game and we sincerely apologise if you have encountered difficulties as a result of the server issue.

We will be offering you additional game rewards to show our thanks for your patience and understanding. We will contact you soon with full details. In the meantime, please be assured that our teams are working around the clock to ensure that you continue to enjoy your game experience with Assassin's Creed 2.

Thank you,

The Ubisoft Team

This Email appology from Ubi$oft that only registered Assassin's Creed 2 users get, and the extra in-game content... Which would be great, if only I could actually PLAY the damn game.

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
04-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by S.H.O.D.A.N:

Dear S.H.O.D.A.N

Thank you for your recent purchase of Assassin's Creed 2. We hope you are enjoying the game!

Recently, our servers were temporarily unavailable to a portion of players, meaning they were unable to play the game. Our goal is to offer you a seamless experience with your game and we sincerely apologise if you have encountered difficulties as a result of the server issue.

We will be offering you additional game rewards to show our thanks for your patience and understanding. We will contact you soon with full details. In the meantime, please be assured that our teams are working around the clock to ensure that you continue to enjoy your game experience with Assassin's Creed 2.

Thank you,

The Ubisoft Team

look i got one too

Dear AJ_Rimmer_Bsc our most beloved and valued customer

Thank you,

The Ubisoft Team

ps..we love you and want your babies.

S.H.O.D.A.N
04-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Oh then I suppose you can post the follow-up Email?

In which they give out a reward code that unlocks the DLC content normally only available in the black edition.

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
04-04-2010, 11:12 AM
shhhhhhhhhhhh

your derailing a thread,take it to pm so i can delete it without reading it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

S.H.O.D.A.N
04-04-2010, 11:19 AM
Anyway, the point is that a load of people who HAVE purchased the game(Me for example) ARE having problems with it, both then (hence the Ubisoft appology and people then complaining if they already HAD the black edition - I got the white edition so the extra content is welcome... Provided I can at some point play the damn game) and now, my contacting support so far has been largely pointless as I'm only ever answered by a bot that gives numerous variations of the exact same reply.
If you (the OP) have ANY problems with your internet, I'd suggest looking for another game or perhaps trying the simulated server everyone keeps talking about, for myself I'd prefer to wait until Ubi$oft gets their head out of their posterior and creates an offline patch as I don't like the idea of using a potentially trojan infested piece of software.

Murcuseo
04-04-2010, 11:29 AM
At the end of the day asking this question on here was pointless, it's a personal decision.

You'll read a lot of hate about particular subjects but very little on the positive aspects of the game.

make your own mind up http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Black_Widow9
04-04-2010, 12:22 PM
I suggest you guys read the Forum Rules. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/2961017947#III) Attacking other members is not allowed and if you continued to do it you will find yourself on holiday.

bogdanbg
04-04-2010, 12:54 PM
short and simple:

NO

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
04-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by bogdanbg:
short and simple:

NO

the game is amazign... its just this DRM thing witch is pathetic

dont confuse the guy

snowleppard
04-04-2010, 01:14 PM
short and simple:

NO

Short and simple:

YES

AJ I'm with you. It's one of the best games I ever bought. Unfortunately, its been cracked and for now 85% fully playable. I know that from all the gaming forums in my thieves infested country. Those cheap fuc*s even laugh at me and call me idiot for buying games. I apsolutely fuc**ing hate them, and wish their computers slow and painfull death from some electro shock, or whatewer. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Mr_Zooly
04-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Yes from me too http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
its a very well put together game though not perfect in every way but then what is?

midnite1069
04-04-2010, 03:01 PM
NO

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
04-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by snowleppard:Those cheap fuc*s even laugh at me and call me idiot for buying games.

just sit back and imagine them,sat there putting in hours of play,and then poof!!!,its all gone.

and they never know if its the crack or the game bug.

the stress must be terrible,and stress is the 21st century silent killer,each bit mounts up,and goes un-noticed,until they get older and find they have hacked off a third of thier lifespan.

so as we play assassins creed 12 : the return of ezio,happy in the knowledge they didnt get past AC 5.

dont know about you,but i have to KNOW i have the whole game to look forward to,and not just a playtime that i never know will end or not with a screaming fit.

adarwinter
04-04-2010, 06:48 PM
personally i would also advice to do what is necessary to be certain the game will work throughout. cheap cracks and work arounds for a game u were waiting for might end up as a pain in the hole.

basically i have grips with the game but certain grips are either not THAT bad or have a solutions

1) the DRM - it's not THAT bad. it hurts and i wont buy another game with it, but it doesnt hurt THAT much

2) this is, by far, the easiest game i've ever played. it's like UBISOFT is begging you to not die or they will cry. combat kinda has a solutions with the 3rd party difficulty tool but still - its made for ppl who hate dying or having to do anything a second time.

3) it's unbalanced - too much money, too much health, too much medicin, smoke bombs last too long, weapons doesnt have enough difference to them, combat is less deep than AC1 in spite of having more weapons, defense stance is invulnerability, missions dont require getting back to incognito, less enemies against Ezio than against al-tair, too easy to escape and the list goes on and on and on. - no solution to this issue. it's just build from the ground up for ppl who are not into challenge. however the game is still fun. just not as fun as it could have been with more attention and care to this.

4) u only do 3 things constantly - sword fight, free run, hidden blade kill. that's pretty much it. while there are more things to do, they are not nearly as necessary thus not as used. in the end, every mission will require u to do almost the same things over and over again.
however if u enjoy these elements like i do than u wouldnt mind.

5) it ends after 14 memories - no solution for that either http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif other than re-playing it.