PDA

View Full Version : New weather conditions?

Sarari
10-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Do you think there will be weather changes in ACR such as rain, snow, etc.? I think it would add a lot of realism and it would be cool to occasionally have it happen like maybe 15-20% of the time. I was kinda wondering this because I saw a vid of Ezio in Masyaf and it was snowing. And it looked like it was a free-roam.

Thoughts?

Assassin_M
10-12-2011, 06:40 PM
there will be no weather system in ACR

Sarari
10-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Not even in Masyaf??

Sarari
10-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Or Hama?

Assassin_M
10-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Its not Hama, its inspired from it..
The snow in Masyaf and the small village is always there..

Sarari
10-12-2011, 06:45 PM
So is it constantly snowing in Masyaf?

Assassin_M
10-12-2011, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
Well not exactly, up till a certain point It`ll be snowing,there will be different weathers, but its not a Weather system like GTA or RDR

scout455
10-12-2011, 07:01 PM
Well in AC brotherhood multiplayer they made it rain so it could possibly have whether changes, but I highly doubt it.

Sarari
10-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
Well not exactly, up till a certain point It`ll be snowing,there will be different weathers, but its not a Weather system like GTA or RDR </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I didn't get a full understanding of what you just said. You said it'll stop till a certain point, and then you said there will be different weathers. Care to elaborate http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

kriegerdesgottes
10-12-2011, 07:20 PM
I think what he means is that it will snow or maybe rain in certain memories at certain times in the memory but it's not set up to do it randomly like in RDR or other games. It just does it in memories when it's supposed to.

Calvarok
10-12-2011, 07:20 PM
Basically what he means is that the weather in those areas changes as the story moves on, but not dynamically as you play.

Assassin_M
10-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
I think what he means is that it will snow or maybe rain in certain memories at certain times in the memory but it's not set up to do it randomly like in RDR or other games. It just does it in memories when it's supposed to.
Yes Exactly Thank you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Sarari
10-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Ahhhh, I hope they'll add some weather changes in the next installment, but anyways, thanks for the answer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

rileypoole1234
10-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Yes, I think in AC3 it'll be time for some major updates. I think Revelations looks beautiful though, the best out of all of the AC's, but AC3 could use some things like dynamic weather.

Sarari
10-12-2011, 08:38 PM
I hope they do. But if they decide to do something like this, I suggest they don't add any rain, because frankly, it makes the game very dull that way. Kinda like GTA4 and Saints Row2. They should add maybe some slight sand storms or heavy winds at night. Occasionally snow in the colder cities. That would be really cool.

kriegerdesgottes
10-12-2011, 09:03 PM
I personally am all for the random weather system like the one in RDR but I am almost positive it will not be in this one. It will be just like M said where it's limited to certain memories but maybe in the next one we can get it. RDR did an incredible job of making that happen. The storms in that game are out of this world good.

roostersrule2
10-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
I personally am all for the random weather system like the one in RDR but I am almost positive it will not be in this one. It will be just like M said where it's limited to certain memories but maybe in the next one we can get it. RDR did an incredible job of making that happen. The storms in that game are out of this world good. THIS,the puddles on the ground where awesome and when you put the camera so it faced upwards more drops fell on your. screen

kriegerdesgottes
10-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Yeah it was nuts. Plus just the sounds of the thunder and of the storm coming in were incredible. That would be so awesome in AC.

Chronomancy
10-12-2011, 10:51 PM
It would be so awesome to have a weather system in ACR it would give another sense of realism to the game.

Serrachio
10-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Apparantly, there was supposed to be a snow bank that Ezio could hide in, but because it was only possible in one specific point, they removed it.

It would have been cool to utilize the weather in such a way though, so I hope that it could be implemented if there was a snowy map for the multiplayer.

LightRey
10-13-2011, 01:40 AM
So there will basically be seasons in ACR? Sweet.

sp33dd34m0n
10-13-2011, 06:40 AM
As far as I can remember someone from Ubisoft said that the memories of Altair will be in summertime and Ezios memories in Al Masyaf are at winter time.

MostJadedGamer
10-13-2011, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
Yes, I think in AC3 it'll be time for some major updates. I think Revelations looks beautiful though, the best out of all of the AC's, but AC3 could use some things like dynamic weather.

Revelations has something far more important then dynamic weather. Its has a dynamic city, and dynamic gameplay where the Templars can actually take back strongholds that you have already captured(along with this is the new tower defense mode where you basically command a small army, and try to repel waves of templars).

This is the first type of dynamic gameplay that a AC game has ever had where you can actually lose progress back to the templars if you are unsuccessful in tower defense mode or choose not to defend(tower defense mode is optional, and you can just let the templars take back your strongholds if you want.)

luckyto
10-13-2011, 08:46 AM
Excellent addition. I really felt like the Borgia Towers should have been a give and take.... mainly because I enjoy the "taking" part. This is a much needed improvement. Constantinople will be a very interesting city.

Sarari
10-13-2011, 02:56 PM
I think that the way you're supposed to reclaim a territory is so stupid to be honest. Last time I remembered, this was Assassin's Creed. Not some kind of battlefield game where you just sit there and command people. Maybe a better comparison would be that Halo game that came out a few years ago where you just command stuff and not even shoot.

I could have more creative like fight on ships that tried to take a district back that was on the port. Or maybe send an army to fight against you and your assassins. That would've been amazing.

rileypoole1234
10-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by dennis580:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:

Revelations has something far more important then dynamic weather. Its has a dynamic city, and dynamic gameplay where the Templars can actually take back strongholds that you have already captured(along with this is the new tower defense mode where you basically command a small army, and try to repel waves of templars).

This is the first type of dynamic gameplay that a AC game has ever had where you can actually lose progress back to the templars if you are unsuccessful in tower defense mode or choose not to defend(tower defense mode is optional, and you can just let the templars take back your strongholds if you want.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I meant in terms of the engine. The game does look beautiful, but it could look better.

MostJadedGamer
10-13-2011, 04:01 PM
I meant in terms of the engine. The game does look beautiful, but it could look better.

Um hello. AC3 is coming out only a year later. There is not going to be a new engine. The AC after AC3 is where you will probably see the change.

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
I think that the way you're supposed to reclaim a territory is so stupid to be honest. Last time I remembered, this was Assassin's Creed. Not some kind of battlefield game where you just sit there and command people. Maybe a better comparison would be that Halo game that came out a few years ago where you just command stuff and not even shoot.

I could have more creative like fight on ships that tried to take a district back that was on the port. Or maybe send an army to fight against you and your assassins. That would've been amazing.

Err... yea, Halo Wars was a strategy game. That's a genre. Ever heard of Starcraft, Total War, Civilization, Age of Empires?

And I love the system of taking down the Templar influence and setting up shop in the same area. They are under a war and they do have to function still.

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 04:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I meant in terms of the engine. The game does look beautiful, but it could look better.

Um hello. AC3 is coming out only a year later. There is not going to be a new engine. The AC after AC3 is where you will probably see the change. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They could of been working on AC3 since AC2 developing a new engine.

LightRey
10-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dennis580:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I meant in terms of the engine. The game does look beautiful, but it could look better.

Um hello. AC3 is coming out only a year later. There is not going to be a new engine. The AC after AC3 is where you will probably see the change. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They could of been working on AC3 since AC2 developing a new engine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And they probably have been.

Sarari
10-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Jexx, taking down the templar influence is fun, when it comes to burning the towers down, or in this case, breaking it down http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif but I don't like the strategic way they're making it for defense. It doesn't seem to fit Assassin's Creed's description or w.e.

Also, I hated renovating the city. It was just a waste of time and it was just there for you to spend money. I never wanted to renovate it because I wanted to play the missions but they were so tempting!!!! But I still don't like them. They could've spent more time improving something else rather than make us renovate stuff.

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 04:26 PM
Well I like both the Den Defense and the City Renovations.

Adds more variety to the games, I love it.

Maybe you'll like AC3 more, I hope that they don't include all of the same mechanics for it. And I'm hoping we get a good setting and ancestor.

MostJadedGamer
10-13-2011, 04:36 PM
They could of been working on AC3 since AC2 developing a new engine.

No. AC3 will have no more development time then what Brotherhood, and Revelations had.

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 04:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">They could of been working on AC3 since AC2 developing a new engine.

No. AC3 will have no more development time then what Brotherhood, and Revelations had. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Source?

xx-pyro
10-13-2011, 04:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">They could of been working on AC3 since AC2 developing a new engine.

No. AC3 will have no more development time then what Brotherhood, and Revelations had. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This guy is an insider, he knows http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

/sarcasm

You realize game development time overlaps right? Besides that they have probably had ideas for the story of AC3 that they want to carry out for a long time now, and smoothing out the story beforehand definitely gives them time to do a lot of other things. I'd be genuinely surprised if AC3 hasn't been in production since at least half-way or more of Revelation's production.

roostersrule2
10-13-2011, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by xx-pyro:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dennis580:

This guy is an insider, he knows http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

/sarcasm

You realize game development time overlaps right? Besides that they have probably had ideas for the story of AC3 that they want to carry out for a long time now, and smoothing out the story beforehand definitely gives them time to do a lot of other things. I'd be genuinely surprised if AC3 hasn't been in production since at least half-way or more of Revelation's production. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I read somewhere that its been in production since AC2 but I can't remember where though.

Sarari
10-13-2011, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
Well I like both the Den Defense and the City Renovations.

Adds more variety to the games, I love it.

Maybe you'll like AC3 more, I hope that they don't include all of the same mechanics for it. And I'm hoping we get a good setting and ancestor.
I hope they go back further than Altair's time so the game won't be so complicated in weaponry and a bunch of other stuff. Maybe somewhere in ancient Asia with a lot of temples and secrecy or ancient Egypt where we can roam around the desert and find hidden secrets.

If this happens, I hope we can use a bow and arrow xD

prince162010
10-13-2011, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Chronomancy:
It would be so awesome to have a weather system in ACR it would give another sense of realism to the game.

You are right

I hope Ubisoft put the weather system in the memories of the game

Sarari
10-13-2011, 07:24 PM
They will put weather in different memories. In some Masyaf-Ezio missions.

edzilla_551
10-14-2011, 04:08 AM
remember when assassins creed 3 was leaked through the developers resume, maybe this could be proof that assassins creed 3 was in production for a while.
heres the link
resume (http://www.gamestooge.com/2011/04/08/assassins-creed-3-leaked-on-resume/)

Assassin_M
10-14-2011, 05:12 AM
Assassins creed III IS in Production as we speak, it goes like this The development of ACB began about 3 months before the release of AC II and If 5 studios were developing AC II at least 1 was developing ACB as well, get the Picture ?