PDA

View Full Version : Voice recording on .ntrk files

JunkoIfurita
04-26-2005, 08:33 PM
I'm particularly interested in the ability to record your voice (albeit in a highly compressed form) straight into .ntrk files for playback later.

I'm referring of course, to that crazy Hurri vs 109F .ntrk where you clearly hear someone in the Dev team exclaim something in russian (what was he saying, anyway?). Intrigued, I dragged out my venerable (and THICK) manual to the original Forgotten Battles and yes, indeed it says it is possible to record voice into the .ntrk files using the in-game radio communication.

However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to take. I've got voice communication turned on, I'm getting a definite strong response in the in-game level meter, so I know it's working. I've got voice-activated on, to be sure I'm not stuffing up the push-to-talk, but no go. In a multiplayer mission, I start .ntrk recording, speak away (watching the level bar respond in the top right), but when I save that and play back, there's no voice in the .ntrk.

I'm pretty sure this is possible, and since I'm planning on doing some training tracks for my squadron at some point, being able to voice over the whole thing would be a really nifty feature, even though I imagine it'd up the size of the .ntrk significantly

Not to mention that the 'Yarrr, Air Pirates!' campaign I'm mulling over would be really nifty with some voice-acted intermission tracks.

Anyone had any better luck?

TIA,
Junko 'Kimura' Ifurita

----

Kasdeya
04-26-2005, 08:36 PM
Junko, you might wanna follow this thread. Its at SimHQ : http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=127;t=002296

JunkoIfurita
04-26-2005, 08:59 PM
Cheers, Kasdeya - that looks like exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm going to have to play with those settings a bit: by the looks of it I can change the sampling rate right up, too, and make 'high fidelity' tracks for those with broadband connections.

Much appreciated.

----

Kasdeya
04-26-2005, 09:13 PM
your welcome. Hope you get it sorted mate.

BaldieJr
04-26-2005, 09:33 PM
Change to "common channel" and voice will be recorded in the ntrk.