PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Wiki malware?

Ultimate_Night
02-04-2010, 11:32 PM
When I try to access http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/ , I get an alert from Google that reads

Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!
The website at assassinscreed.wikia.com contains elements from the site 212.117.180.54, which appears to host malware - software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
And then on the diagnostics page, it says

Of the 100 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-02-04, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-02-04.
Malicious software includes 108 trojan(s), 103 exploit(s), 1 scripting exploit(s).

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS5577 (ROOT).
Is this actually true? Because I have been on this site numerous times, I haven't had any problems, but this is the first time I have received this warning.

Ultimate_Night
02-04-2010, 11:32 PM
When I try to access http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/ , I get an alert from Google that reads
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!
The website at assassinscreed.wikia.com contains elements from the site 212.117.180.54, which appears to host malware - software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Of the 100 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-02-04, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-02-04.
Malicious software includes 108 trojan(s), 103 exploit(s), 1 scripting exploit(s).

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS5577 (ROOT). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Is this actually true? Because I have been on this site numerous times, I haven't had any problems, but this is the first time I have received this warning.

Varenis
02-05-2010, 05:25 AM
Well, I havent got that warning or any viruses, troijans, exploits nor scripting exploits from there, atleast as far as I am aware

Abeonis
02-05-2010, 07:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ultimate_Night:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!
The website at assassinscreed.wikia.com contains elements from the site 212.117.180.54, which appears to host malware - software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Of the 100 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-02-04, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-02-04.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS5577 (ROOT). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Is this actually true? Because I have been on this site numerous times, I haven't had any problems, but this is the first time I have received this warning. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you got that warning, it likely means somebody added a link that possibly has malware inserted. I'll have a look on site, but chances are it has been removed already.

It has nothing to do with ACW itself.