PDA

View Full Version : Aliens

Poodle_of_Doom
09-14-2011, 09:57 PM
I had a thought earlier today, about Aliens and the Pieces of Eden. You know how people say they're abducted by Aliens, and end up in a state of paralysis? Sounds like the Pieces of Eden at work to me.... how about you?

I just couldn't help but to think about when Rodrigo Borgia used it to control the monks, and they all bowed to him. I'm sure there are other examples. The main point is that they can control the physical movements of individuals, and groups of people. Why not use this technology for studying people?

At that, do you think this is a possible idea for future games? Perhaps other Alien species come into play, using the same technology?

Animuses
09-14-2011, 10:01 PM
No time travel, aliens, or ninjas.

Calvarok
09-14-2011, 10:22 PM
What's wrong with Ninjas? Ninjas existed.

And as for alien stuff, Assassin's Creed is about the stuff that the race that created humans left behind. It is not about first contact or anything. It's about humans, and what happens to them when tempted with power, and what they will do.

Poodle_of_Doom
09-14-2011, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:

I didn't bring up ninjas, or time travel. You did. I know that they're not going to be used in the game. I was simply curious as to how they could be, and what others thought.

On the subject of Aliens, TWCB seem to be derived from the Ancient Astronaut Theory,... which directly deals with aliens....

LightRey
09-14-2011, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:

I didn't bring up ninjas, or time travel. You did. I know that they're not going to be used in the game. I was simply curious as to how they could be, and what others thought.

On the subject of Aliens, TWCB seem to be derived from the Ancient Astronaut Theory,... which directly deals with aliens.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, time travel has been used (slightly) in the game and ninjas have been hinted at. The only of those three things that has absolutely no reference in AC is the concept of aliens and since TWCB are very likely not aliens, since they "simply came before" I'd say they're not. They are not derived from the "ancient astronaut theory", the only connection to that theory is that they acted as gods, which can be covered by any existing theory about such things, including basically all religions.

What's wrong with Ninjas? Ninjas existed.

And as for alien stuff, Assassin's Creed is about the stuff that the race that created humans left behind. It is not about first contact or anything. It's about humans, and what happens to them when tempted with power, and what they will do.
That second thing.
As for the ninjas, there was a discussion on that a few days back, you should've been there. We basically came to the conclusion that ninjas wouldn't really work as assassins, but they could be part of something similar to the thieves guild in AC2 and ACB.

Stowdace
09-15-2011, 12:02 AM
What about time traveling alien ninjas? That'd be cool. Aliens from space in the future go back to Adam and Eve's time to teach them ninja skills. It'd explain their free running.

itsamea-mario
09-15-2011, 12:51 AM
Well Rodrigo didn't exactly make then bow in respect, they fell to the floor as he drained their energy, that's how he can fight off 5 ezios.

LightRey
09-15-2011, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
Well Rodrigo didn't exactly make then bow in respect, they fell to the floor as he drained their energy, that's how he can fight off 5 ezios.
Yeah, there was no bowing.

CRUDFACE
09-15-2011, 06:29 AM
-those who Came before aren't aliens, it was stated during an interview on Gamerants
-The POE only paralysis you for a moment, not longer, or well, at least as it's being activated anyways.
-Gave me bad thoughts of Vidic doing the probing when the aliens catch you

waynedavies89
09-15-2011, 09:38 AM
In Assassins creed and real history you have the Philadelphia Experiment

In early 1943 The Eldridge vanished or a short period of time then reappeared, the crew insisted they didn't go anyway

on October 28, 1943. The Eldridge vanished again but this time she physically teleported (time traveled) to Norfolk, Virginia, over 200 miles away in seconds

a basic version of this can be read on vidic computer

blazefp
09-15-2011, 03:23 PM
I had a thought earlier today, about Aliens and the Pieces of Eden. You know how people say they're abducted by Aliens, and end up in a state of paralysis? Sounds like the Pieces of Eden at work to me.... how about you?

I just couldn't help but to think about when Rodrigo Borgia used it to control the monks, and they all bowed to him. I'm sure there are other examples. The main point is that they can control the physical movements of individuals, and groups of people. Why not use this technology for studying people?

At that, do you think this is a possible idea for future games? Perhaps other Alien species come into play, using the same technology?

I wouldn't say this is a bad thought at all. It would be actually quite possible that normal human beings (thus not rational) could associate the visions and hallucinations the PoEs created on them as aliens or gods or anything else like that.
However, a most probable explanation for that people is the real one: they are just lying.

Animuses
09-15-2011, 04:00 PM
It's quite obvious that you didn't. I was just stating three things that should never be near AC.

Altair661
09-15-2011, 07:10 PM

This^^ AC has done some crazy things, no need to get crazier. TWCB is pushing it as it is. Aliens would completely run the story off path. And ruin the story frankly. This is about Assassin's and Templars. Piece's of Eden and their makers (TWCB) are thrown in there. That's enough for me. Bringing in Aliens, would...just not work. Some people as the OP are driving the story beyond what it really is already. Your looking into to it TOO much. AC3 should be about Desmond, as to what he'll do is up to speculation. But bringing in other crap like Aliens just has no purpose in there.

As for time travel...going directly back in time would screw everything up(Paradox). Thus creating an alternate timeline, so the Ezio/Altair would have never happened if you do something before them. Maybe not necessarily, but you can't just go back in time and start killin people.

Ninjas. Im not even gonna start, on Ninja's. There are plenty of things about that sh*t already.

Jexx21
09-15-2011, 08:12 PM
Ooh ooh!

Time travel! Time travel! Let's get Dr. Emmet Brown. He can make us a flux capacitor, and we can strap it onto the Animus, and run the truth file again. It will magically take Desmond there once they attach wheels on the Animus and roll it down a huge hill until it reaches 88 MPH. Or give it a hover conversion.

BACK TO THE FUTURE! OMGGGGz

...yea, that's my favorite movie >.<

Animuses
09-15-2011, 08:18 PM
Jexx, no more iced tea for for you.

Jexx21
09-15-2011, 08:21 PM
Jexx, no more iced tea for for you.

Fine..

D:

Still, I had the idea of putting a Flux capacitor in the Animus since I played AC1.

Animuses
09-15-2011, 08:31 PM
It needs to generate 1.21 gigawatts(jigawatts) of electricity!

Jexx21
09-15-2011, 08:33 PM
It needs to generate 1.21 gigawatts(jigawatts) of electricity!

We need Uranium. And wheels.

Let's just make a motorcycle into an Animus and give it a flux capacitor.

Saqaliba
09-15-2011, 09:20 PM
The other thing they could be is similar to the alien 'ancient-astronauts' theory. In the Book of Enoch and in the Bible there is a tradition that says that Fallen Angels came down to earth to have children with the earth women and they created a new race called the 'nephelim' (otherwise known as 'giants').

In one of the Truth puzzles in ACII this union of 'gods' with 'humans' is directly referenced and it is implying that the 'sixth-sense' was created by this union which now lingers only as an 'eagle vision/sense'. In the same Tradition in the Book of Enoch it was these very fallen angels which taught mankind technology - thus the civilizations of the babylonians, egyptians etc. and the P.O.E.

I think it is likely that the fallen angels will fit the AC cosmology well if we are to treat them as 'intra-dimensional' beings that can take on bodies at will using a technology beyond our grasp.

Calvarok
09-15-2011, 09:26 PM
Animuses, TWCB ARE aliens. We know that they settled on Earth, and that they had the capacity to travel through space to some extent, what with a PoE on the moon and all.

And again, what is wrong with ninjas? They existed and are just as well known as crusaders are, but you don't seem to complain about them. I find it so funny how people assume that a historically accurate portrayal of Ninjas is going to be like Naruto. That's incredibly ignorant. They were just awesome warriors.

Contrary to popular belief, no matter how much you think you've heard and seen about ninjas, most of the sources you got your info from were not at all historically accurate.

Knights are done a lot too, but you have no problem with that.

In fact, stories about assassins, from ANY time period, are done a lot.

Jexx21
09-15-2011, 09:30 PM
I thought TWCB were the original inhabitants of the planet?

Animuses
09-15-2011, 09:37 PM
@Calvarok
You were the only one to mention Naruto...

Calvarok
09-15-2011, 09:52 PM
I wasn't talking about just you. You obsiouly thought it was going to be something cliche, and that's a popular cliche that people have brought up on the subject before.

Animuses
09-15-2011, 09:56 PM
I never mentioned about anything being cliche. All I ever stated was, "Ninjas are not Assassins". You may actually want to read previous posts before you assume something.

WillPiff
09-15-2011, 11:02 PM
Is everybody on this forum just trying to out smart someone, by cutting down a simple suggestion.

Like seriously. Where did he mention Ninjas, or time travel? lol

LightRey
09-16-2011, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by WillPiff:
Is everybody on this forum just trying to out smart someone, by cutting down a simple suggestion.

Like seriously. Where did he mention Ninjas, or time travel? lol
It was a reference to several older discussions which included similar concepts in the sense that he, and probably most of us wouldn't want them in the games.

Calvarok, wth happened to you? Your arguments used to have a solid basis and your points made sense. Now they're just a series of assumptions and ridiculous extrapolations. Just because there's a PoE on the moon doesn't mean that they're aliens. It's like saying because there's a man-made buggy on the moon humans are aliens. I would also like to point out that there have been several long and thorough discussions on the subject of both ninjas and aliens, so if you want to take up those points with any of us I would suggest you read those to avoid having to do them all over again.

On the point of Naruto, in the ninja discussion it was actually pointed out that it's the properties of ninjas that are not in Naruto that are relevant when deciding whether or not they should be in the AC games, so that part of your argument is already irrelevant.

blazefp
09-16-2011, 07:13 AM
Anyway Poodle is just saying that aliens were only seen in humans hallucinations and visions created by the PoE. There's nothing wrong with this, just that the real explanation about aliens kidnappings is more plausible

Poodle_of_Doom
09-16-2011, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Altair661:
As for time travel...going directly back in time would screw everything up(Paradox). Thus creating an alternate timeline, so the Ezio/Altair would have never happened if you do something before them. Maybe not necessarily, but you can't just go back in time and start killin people.

Unless going back in time was part of that specific time line.

LightRey
09-16-2011, 12:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:
Unless going back in time was part of that specific time line.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, in fact, scientifically (though time travel itself is already somewhat inexcusable) any way other than that would actually be inexcusable. Creating "alternate universes" is done by quantum superpositions (this is all theory btw), not time-travel. Traveling through time is not a kind of quantum superposition.

blazefp
09-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:
Yes, in fact, scientifically (though time travel itself is already somewhat inexcusable) any way other than that would actually be inexcusable. Creating "alternate universes" is done by quantum superpositions (this is all theory btw), not time-travel. Traveling through time is not a kind of quantum superposition.

Unless going back in time was part of that specific time line. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You posted your argument in Poodle's quote

LightRey
09-17-2011, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by blazefp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

Unless going back in time was part of that specific time line. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You posted your argument in Poodle's quote </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Fixed. Thanks, I hate it when that happens.

Animuses
09-17-2011, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
Animuses, TWCB ARE aliens. We know that they settled on Earth, and that they had the capacity to travel through space to some extent, what with a PoE on the moon and all. It's never been stated that they settled on Earth. All Minerva said was, they simply came before.

CRUDFACE
09-19-2011, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
Animuses, TWCB ARE aliens. We know that they settled on Earth, and that they had the capacity to travel through space to some extent, what with a PoE on the moon and all.

And again, what is wrong with ninjas? They existed and are just as well known as crusaders are, but you don't seem to complain about them. I find it so funny how people assume that a historically accurate portrayal of Ninjas is going to be like Naruto. That's incredibly ignorant. They were just awesome warriors.

Contrary to popular belief, no matter how much you think you've heard and seen about ninjas, most of the sources you got your info from were not at all historically accurate.

Knights are done a lot too, but you have no problem with that.

In fact, stories about assassins, from ANY time period, are done a lot.

No, they aren't aliens, there's the proof, They aren't aliens (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/05/13/ac-revelations-back-to-the-present.aspx?PostPageIndex=2) And I have to say yes, Assassins are used as much as Samurai. But it's how you write them out and give them character is how they come to shine in the midst of all these extra corny assassins that populate the movie industry and most books. I've never once seen an order from their origins (we're usually just told that they're old and wise, but with this series, I've been here since the beginning), who suffer through lapses in history using a mixture of fringe sci-fi and genetics which are in itself a mystery of the series, who go through time doing everything they do.

And tbh, I don't think I've ever seen an assassin order with the Falcon as their symbol. And the "A" symbol changes throughout history with them. So here's to me hoping Assassins stay OUR assassins and not just...ninjas...

souNdwAve89
09-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
I thought TWCB were the original inhabitants of the planet?

You are correct. Those Who Came Before were just VERY technologically advanced. This concept is actually a theory in real life too. The idea was that before us, there was an advanced civilization until its downfall. Before you guys flame me, it is just one of MANY theories on how life on Earth is a mystery.

trueguitarist95
09-19-2011, 02:19 PM
No time travel, no ninjas, no aliens

Poodle_of_Doom
09-19-2011, 03:12 PM
But psychic powers are fine...

LightRey
09-19-2011, 03:30 PM
But psychic powers are fine...
Well now it's not like they can move things with their thoughts, they can just "see" things.

I have my own theory on the sixth sense that it's something like a connection to a human hive mind. Basically, if we suppose everyone's brains are also transmitters of information using brainwaves for example, then the sixth sense would basically be the ability to read this information.
I think this would make sense, since Eagle Vision appears to be something of an enhanced version of intuition.

Poodle_of_Doom
09-19-2011, 05:12 PM
I've always related it to the concept of forethought. I figure they don't know "what will happen", but have an idea of "what is most likely". Basically, it's the concept of drawing a conclusion based on observance drawn from preemptive actions.

Kind of like if you were to go to the fridge, and grab a drink, we could assume you were thirsty. I know this is really basic, and they operate it on a much more elaborate scale, but none the less, I view it kind of like that.

LightRey
09-19-2011, 11:56 PM
I've always related it to the concept of forethought. I figure they don't know "what will happen", but have an idea of "what is most likely". Basically, it's the concept of drawing a conclusion based on observance drawn from preemptive actions.

Kind of like if you were to go to the fridge, and grab a drink, we could assume you were thirsty. I know this is really basic, and they operate it on a much more elaborate scale, but none the less, I view it kind of like that.
I don't see where Eagle Vision works as forethought. At no point have I noticed any aspect of it giving someone the ability to become aware of something before it happened.

CRUDFACE
09-20-2011, 12:20 AM

I don't see where Eagle Vision works as forethought. At no point have I noticed any aspect of it giving someone the ability to become aware of something before it happened. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I think only Eagle Sense can do that. Eagle vision seems to just let you keep track of what happens a few seconds before. Like the golden trailer for a target. If you follow it, you can see where he began, but not where he'll end up

LightRey
09-20-2011, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

I don't see where Eagle Vision works as forethought. At no point have I noticed any aspect of it giving someone the ability to become aware of something before it happened. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I think only Eagle Sense can do that. Eagle vision seems to just let you keep track of what happens a few seconds before. Like the golden trailer for a target. If you follow it, you can see where he began, but not where he'll end up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Even with Eagle sense I don't really see it. All it seems to add seems to be related to things that already happened, not things that are yet to happen (unless of course it's a cyclic event).

CRUDFACE
09-20-2011, 01:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

Yeah, I think only Eagle Sense can do that. Eagle vision seems to just let you keep track of what happens a few seconds before. Like the golden trailer for a target. If you follow it, you can see where he began, but not where he'll end up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Even with Eagle sense I don't really see it. All it seems to add seems to be related to things that already happened, not things that are yet to happen (unless of course it's a cyclic event). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's cool, see, with Eagle Sense, you can tell where a guard or anybody will be heading.

LightRey
09-20-2011, 02:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

Even with Eagle sense I don't really see it. All it seems to add seems to be related to things that already happened, not things that are yet to happen (unless of course it's a cyclic event). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's cool, see, with Eagle Sense, you can tell where a guard or anybody will be heading. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Only if they're patrolling, which means that they're basically walking pre-set routes.

CRUDFACE
09-20-2011, 05:33 AM

That's cool, see, with Eagle Sense, you can tell where a guard or anybody will be heading. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Only if they're patrolling, which means that they're basically walking pre-set routes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pattern recognition then? Then again, every time somebody says if they're looking in the future to a dev, they never deny it. And the Devs are fine with clearing up things like that.

blazefp
09-20-2011, 07:12 AM
Pattern recognition then? Then again, every time somebody says if they're looking in the future to a dev, they never deny it. And the Devs are fine with clearing up things like that.

Good point.
Anyway I always thought Eagle vision/sense was kind of a "Lie to me" thing. Like they read other people faces/movements/body and can predict what they'r going to do or what they did.

LightRey
09-20-2011, 09:11 AM
That could just be because they're not at liberty to discuss any aspect of it that hasn't been released yet, but you do make a good point. Either way at this point there are no clear signs that either Eagle Vision/Sense or the Sixth Sense have anything to do with foresight, so I wouldn't really assume it does until we have more to go on.

Poodle_of_Doom
09-20-2011, 10:00 AM
I was going to come back and mention Eagle Sense, but everything I would of said has been mentioned already.

D.I.D.
09-21-2011, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by waynedavies89:

no you don't

Poodle_of_Doom
09-21-2011, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by DoubleclickTF:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by waynedavies89:

no you don't </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You sure about that? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Experiment)

LightRey
09-21-2011, 09:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DoubleclickTF:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by waynedavies89:

You sure about that? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Experiment) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well it's an alleged experiment, so there's no actual concrete evidence that anything ever happened.

Poodle_of_Doom
09-21-2011, 09:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DoubleclickTF:

You sure about that? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Experiment) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well it's an alleged experiment, so there's no actual concrete evidence that anything ever happened. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it was so much the fact that it's not real, as it was the fact that it exists... But I digress, I don't necessarily remember the context that the original comment was made. I remember reading it, and that's about it.

LightRey
09-21-2011, 10:45 AM
I don't think it was so much the fact that it's not real, as it was the fact that it exists... But I digress, I don't necessarily remember the context that the original comment was made. I remember reading it, and that's about it.
Well on that point you are indeed correct. There certainly was something that happened. It's just uncertain if it was anything abnormal.